How is it going?

The Outer banks just north of us have a lot of wild horses (100) and are hurricane hardy for sure. They get to many of them to support their environment and have to be thinned out at times. They are adopted by local folks for the most part. Here is their story. I have never been there to see them and they are well protected by the National Park's Service. You are only allowed to get only so close to them and not disturb their natural actions.

https://www.nps.gov/calo/learn/nature/horse-faqs.htm

Charles, it seems we are going to get a little blow. Me more than you but I think things will be all right for us. You take care old friend.

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

For example, she misplaces the screwdriver, then she finds it. Of course it is my fault then she goes on a rant about asking God to please kill me. Over and over again she says that. This is a normal day. I am always very careful not to say anything to set her off but it doesn't matter.

Charles, what did the police report say regarding the arrest of you and your wife? I would be greatly concerned that you could be gravely injured or even worse, based on what you've conveyed. If it were me, I would start building documentation of her abuse. I would plant tiny video cameras around my home (there are cameras that are quirt tiny). The videos can be wireless linked to your computer. Like you say, this is no way to live out the latter years of your life. You know that she needs to be removed for both your safety and quite possibly she might even get the help she needs. Best wishes to you. Dennis

Thank you brother Dennis! I always value your opinion and input. I have thought about this many times. But the fact remains that if she catches me I will have hell to pay. It has happened before so I know. At this point all I can do is to try and help her overcome her problem or just disappear when I retire. I don't want to put her in a bad position.

Too good for my own good or so I'm told. Even though I get trounced on I just don't want to make her life difficult. I know there is a psychological term for this but I can't think of what it is.

My last wife had a mental illness too Charles but I could not leave here either. Hid it well for the first 5 years. Suppose it had been me with the illness would she have left me???????? I do understand your predicament but damn it's a hard place to be ain't it? And yes she saw a psychiatrist for over 25 years. Did he help? NO!!!! Not one damn bit. Just throwing money in a bucket with a hole in the bottom. So you stand it or just decide that you can't take it any longer and disappear.

Too good for my own good or so I'm told. Even though I get trounced on I just don't want to make her life difficult. I know there is a psychological term for this but I can't think of what it is.

My last wife had a mental illness too Charles but I could not leave here either. Hid it well for the first 5 years. Suppose it had been me with the illness would she have left me???????? I do understand your predicament but damn it's a hard place to be ain't it? And yes she saw a psychiatrist for over 25 years. Did he help? NO!!!! Not one damn bit. Just throwing money in a bucket with a hole in the bottom. So you stand it or just decide that you can't take it any longer and disappear.

Your predicament is exactly the same as mine. We are following the same path so I know I'm no alone.

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a long time girlfriend (not Chinese) who I kept thinking would get better - but there was always the relapse in a day or two. Finally, at her urging, we went to counseling - which she walked out of in the first hour.

Months later the therapist explained to me she had "Borderline Personality Disorder" and recommended a few books but said that, sadly, there is no drug treatment for it as it is personality based. The fun and vivacious side that people generally saw in public vanished once we were home. It just takes courage to get out of this kind of relatoinship - it's not your fault or responsibility.

• Like 1