https://www.facebook.com/2358098751081249/posts/3265732523651196/

🇨🇳Explorer🏆: @slowestsummer
📍Sumtseling Tibetan Monastery, Yunnan🇨🇳
We spend an afternoon exploring this incredible monastery located just outside Shangri-la city. Referred to as the "Little Potala Palace" (the one in Lhasa, Tibet), this monastery dates back to 1679 and accommodated 2000 monks at its peak.
700 monks still live on the premises - in fact the houses at the foreground are all for living in and the buildings on the top with gilded copper roof are temples. We saw some monks practicing a dance together, seemingly preparing for some kind of event.
What's the most pretty monastery or temple you ever visited?

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
On 2/3/2020 at 7:10 AM, amberjack1234 said:

Randy, You probably don't know this but I am getting only blank pages for the last 3 pages. Don't want you to waste your time if there is a problem as I know you don't feel much like wasting your time right now. Take care.

It pulls posts from Facebook, which does appear to be working. You might give it more time to see if that completes.

Filling in more details on these posts would be difficult on my phone

• Like 1

Re: desktop functions, I am almost always on an iPad when I visit here and "mobile" browsers turn off the Tiny editor, so, those tools are not available to me. Or, on second thought, did I find away to identify the browser as a desktop browser and trick the site into giving me the editing options? I have a browser called "iCab" that I think allows spoofing.I'm just not using it,

Greg

Time in the hospital. Yes, you have a lot of it but here they pester the crap out of you. It seems like every 30 minutes. Test, medication, blood draws, they love that one, more medication. The one that I love is when they come in and wake you out of a sound sleep to give you a sleeping pill. :rolleyes: Time to take a bath and shave sweetheart, at the crack of dawn, just as you think you are going to finally get some sleep. Hospitals here are no place to get any rest. I thought that getting some rest was part of the healing process. The last time that I was in one was 2 years ago and they come in and ask me if I was ready to go home and I said you damn right I am. They had been pushing me out of the door anyway and they finally aggravated me so much about me leaving that I was ready to go. The wife says sussh they will hear you and I told her that was what I wanted. Get me out of here just as damn fast as you can. There were tending the gentleman beside me. Then when I agreed to leave it took them 6 hours to get my papers ready. :headbang: I think that out of 4 days I may have gotten 3 straight hours of sleep.

Are they like that there?

Heard any more about the prospects of surgery?

I was at the VA eye clinic for cataract surgery and this old vet came out of one of the exam rooms and sat down beside me in the hallway and immediately ask me "are you blind yet?" I said no not yet. He says "day ain't over yet".

Take care and get out of there.