Randy W

That's rough, Randy!

One of my close friends had both knees replaced - said the recovery was really painful, but he's now glad that he did it. He's walking quite well now. I hope that if you go through it, the recovery is less rough!

• 3 weeks later...

Love the last picture. China, China. You love it but you worry.

As to the knees, I am lucky to have some good knees with all the knocking they have taken. But the rest of the leg...well, not so good. I worked surgery for 4 years and the biggest ghouls in the OR are ortho surgeons. The only time I came close to heaving was when there was a bone infection near the hip and the doc took that instrument that looks like a flour sifter with a wire attached, pulled out the hip socket, placed the concave end of the sifter on the hip bone itself, and ground away. Smoke lifted to the ceiling and the smell was purgingly nauseating. The infection smell made it beyond what most of us could take. But not that surgeon. He looked at us like, What's wrong, boys?

Pretty bad not to be able to walk far, but better than not walking at all.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

TWO DAYS OFF! No school, BIG crowds at RT Mart - no one knew why

Central officials arrive in Guangxi for 60th anniversary celebrations

56bf3245-adaa-40a5-83bb-1b5df7a6181b.jpg

attend festivities marking the 60th anniversary of the region's founding. (Xinhua/Liu Bin)

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

This has been my go-to store for computer parts for as long as I've been in Yulin. They sell just about anything I need, and always know what I'm talking about. The girl on the left is married to the guy who owns the store - they've even been to our home to help out with my wife's computer (it's all Chinese to me).

Other stores sell monitors, cameras, etc. - as far as I know, there are no fakes anywhere in the building.

gallery_1846_744_468487.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, Randy but if I had to do it you would still be out of hot water but I can tell you that the wife would definitely raise hell to get me to do it. Glad you got it fixed.

I have a thing about heights where I VERY rapidly would hit a point where I would just get it over with and JUMP. Fortunately, this usually happens before I make it even six feet off the ground.

Jiaying had told me there would be no more fireworks in Yulin. Looks like she's right! This is from last year (I've posted it before)

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

. . . early flowers around Yulin

https://www.facebook.com/randy.walser/videos/pcb.2365449983487087/2365444130154339/

gallery_1846_829_46165.jpg

A gardened-over parking lot

gallery_1846_829_89269.jpg

gallery_1846_829_28206.jpg

gallery_1846_829_39948.jpg

Pretty mountains in #2 and loved that old building. I think that I would actualy give up my home for of them if it had electricity, inside plumbing and of course heating and cooling. I just love the rustic way of life. Thise homes that look like no one had ever sit in a chair even after 20 years just is not for me. Here is an example: https://www.littlethings.com/toronto-1950s-home/2