• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of those devil dogs B)

I just called them; so they are answering the phone at 10:55pm

They have both entered and I go the GUZ #

But no P2.5 yet

I asked him exactly what to do next and here is what he said (I know others might have done it differently but sharing what he said and this is what I will do).

He said to do this separately and NOT together in a single email since the DS-3032 is not unique to the electronic process so to just send it to the normal email where it is expected to come:

DS-3032 - send that to NVCinquery email

OPT-In Electronic - send email to NVCelectronic

One observation: Their GUZ numbers are the same except the last digit is incremented by 1.

It just seems too coincidental that the mom's was held up from sending, although ready a month before the daughters. and now they have GUZ numbers one digit off. It is only speculation but it seems to coincidental and I think they held up the mom's to send them together and then they entered them together.

I did as the guy explained and sent the DS-3032 to one email and the OPTIN to another.

I got back emails the same day that the OPTIN was accepted, so this is really fast turnaround on this request.

I still don't even have the P2.5, so this is a good lesson that it is not needed to start with NVC. As soon as they get it entered in the computer, YOU can start and don't need to wait for them.

I did as the guy explained and sent the DS-3032 to one email and the OPTIN to another.

I got back emails the same day that the OPTIN was accepted, so this is really fast turnaround on this request.

I still don't even have the P2.5, so this is a good lesson that it is not needed to start with NVC. As soon as they get it entered in the computer, YOU can start and don't need to wait for them.

Good news David on the OPTIN and agent of choice.

You will have to have the AOS Invoice, or at least the AOS Invoice ID number in order to pay the AOS fee online. If they still haven't sent or e-mailed that to you maybe another call will get the ID number.

tsap seui

I'll keep updating so others can see what the electronic process is like at this point. Eventually I'll put it all together as a step by step.

I got the P2.5s from NVC. They have the GUZ #. I am already OPTIN to the electronic with a new GZO #.

I had sent the DS-3032 to the inquery email; they responded in EMAIL they entered the info.

I had sent the OPTIN in to the electronic email; they responded in EMAIL with the new GZO number.

I had thought the GUZ # was converted to a GZO # but kept the same number... You get a completely new number.

Also, the P2.5 says to pay the AOS Fee online. If you have OPTIN, then you want to use the GZO #. It also wants the Invoice ID.

I decided to call NVC and ask them if the Invoice number for GUZ and GZO is the same and they said I have a new invoice number (but they don't really tell you this). I asked them if I was going to get a P2.5 with the GZO # and they said they don't really send those out I asked them to send these out and they will.

The moral of the story is: One normally waits to receive various paper and email responses but you can call NVC if you want and get the information and keep moving on.

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)

Well... the online payment won't take my GZO# and Invoice #. I get the following:

Sign In Failed

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error.

----

NVC says to give it a few days and if it continues to mail it

Well... the online payment won't take my GZO# and Invoice #. I get the following:

Sign In Failed

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error.

----

Sometimes I wonder if the default answer for any .gov inquiry is "just wait".

Sign In Failed

----

I just made my payment today with no problem. Did you click the box and select "petitioner?"

It keeps getting more interesting by the day

As background: The two petitions were originally sent to USCIS at the same time but I got an RFE for one of them and that caused them to get separated in time. Then my wife's petition (which did NOT have any RFE) did not show up at NVC in a timely manner so they hunted it down and while they did that, I asked if they would find the daughters; they found both and got them entered... ergo, they were now synced up again in terms of timelines.

It turns out, if you have 2 petitions, then you will only need to pay 1 fee IF IF IF they are both at NVC at the same time !!

Today I want to pay for my wife's fee and it came up and gave me the receipt and then said since both petitions were at NVC only 1 payment is needed... now I get to tell her that I save $88 B)

As background: The two petitions were originally sent to USCIS at the same time but I got an RFE for one of them and that caused them to get separated in time. Then my wife's petition (which did NOT have any RFE) did not show up at NVC in a timely manner so they hunted it down and while they did that, I asked if they would find the daughters; they found both and got them entered... ergo, they were now synced up again in terms of timelines.

It turns out, if you have 2 petitions, then you will only need to pay 1 fee IF IF IF they are both at NVC at the same time !!

Today I want to pay for my wife's fee and it came up and gave me the receipt and then said since both petitions were at NVC only 1 payment is needed... now I get to tell her that I save $88 B)

Will this be true for the next fee of $404.00?

Not the same for the IV fee.

But one thing that is interesting is that since the mother's is the one getting the payment, it has to wait a few days for the bank transfer to clear. Although I did the online payment yesterday, my bank still does not show any "pending" or any transaction yet. Maybe they review this step then release the payment info.

Since the daughter's AOS Fee was really a non-payment, they release her case so that the IV fee can be paid, but the mom's cannot be paid yet until the AOS Fee transfer clears.

Here is how it reads at the Payment fee screen:

AOS FEES: If you are a U.S. citizen with petitions for your unmarried son(s), unmarried daughter(s), and/or parent(s) processing at the National Visa Center concurrently, you only need to submit one AOS Fee for this case and Related Cases.

RELATED CASES: This immigrant visa case is related to one or more other immigrant visa cases. The AOS fee being paid on this case will satisfy the AOS fee for the related cases. Click the related cases button to display the related cases.

This is only applied IF the two cases are at NVC concurrently. If they are then the system sees them both and applies this rule. If one gets there before another and you pay the first one before the second one gets there, then you will pay twice...

I paid the AOS fee on 8/11. The bank payed the AOS payment on 8/12. The IV bill was generated 8/12 and I received the email on 8/13.

I think there is no rhyme or reason to how they do things. Typical government heh?

My bank has it as 'processing' now... so it seems a wait of 1-2 days for it show up in the bank should be expected.

Notes:

The online Fee payment shows it as 'processing' too. The key will be that the fee system releases it from this status. Once this is released then the IV fee shows up as able to be paid.