Well, I got no clue what the IV Cover letter is and not sure when they were supposed to send that out. I did get the AOS cover letter after the fees cleared.

The IV cover letter is in the same place as the AOS cover letter. You Have to log in and select to pay the IV bill again. It will show paid and the cover letter will be at the bottom. just hit the send to email button and you will have a copy of it in .pdf form.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to note that the Supporting Document cover letter generates instructions for what to send for each person; so it knew to have a "married" and "termination" section for my wife but did not have that for the daughter. But most interesting was that they did NOT ask for a police certificate for the daughter but it was in the wife's letter...

Because the online instructions say "Each visa applicant aged 16 years or older must submit police certificates", I plan to send it.

I sent off my remaining files tonight. We'll see if this closes out the process. They still need to approve my AOS file and I have already sent the IV docs.

While I said I was not in any rush to finish the process, once I got the taste of being in it, I wanted to test any possible shortcut. I have studied a few people who did CR1 and it appears that I am faster by almost 2 months or more in many cases. I see some timelines of still a year. This should not be happening to anyone at this point with electronic processing. Most people are waiting on NVC for each step; in contrast I never waited on NVC but just sent files as I wanted and when I wanted.

If... and IF approved for the IV docs and AOS files... I could get an interview within 8 months of the original send of the I-130. This despite they lost the file and too 2 extra weeks to find it. Then I delayed 10 days due to a work issue. The most telling sign is how fast you get through NVC. This has always been the litmus test since that is the only part you can control. I saw another timeline of someone who took 5 months to send all the documents due to waiting on NVC in each step. I have send all documents in less than a month at NVC.

After I finally finish NVC, I'll provide a write-up on the process. I will likely do two: The normal way and the shortcut way. I think 2-4 months can be trimmed off if you want to truly be as aggressive as I pushed NVC in this... but it's not over and we'll see if in the final hour I caused some problem or not. Stay tuned.

I sent off my remaining files tonight. We'll see if this closes out the process. They still need to approve my AOS file and I have already sent the IV docs.

While I said I was not in any rush to finish the process, once I got the taste of being in it, I wanted to test any possible shortcut. I have studied a few people who did CR1 and it appears that I am faster by almost 2 months or more in many cases. I see some timelines of still a year. This should not be happening to anyone at this point with electronic processing. Most people are waiting on NVC for each step; in contrast I never waited on NVC but just sent files as I wanted and when I wanted.

If... and IF approved for the IV docs and AOS files... I could get an interview within 8 months of the original send of the I-130. This despite they lost the file and too 2 extra weeks to find it. Then I delayed 10 days due to a work issue. The most telling sign is how fast you get through NVC. This has always been the litmus test since that is the only part you can control. I saw another timeline of someone who took 5 months to send all the documents due to waiting on NVC in each step. I have send all documents in less than a month at NVC.

After I finally finish NVC, I'll provide a write-up on the process. I will likely do two: The normal way and the shortcut way. I think 2-4 months can be trimmed off if you want to truly be as aggressive as I pushed NVC in this... but it's not over and we'll see if in the final hour I caused some problem or not. Stay tuned.

David, our case certainly isn't one that would be published as "quick" as it took Wenyan's case 8 months with the USCIS. But, we FLEW through the NVC in just under 3 weeks from the time I got the first e-mail from NVC stating the case was ready for futher processing until I sent in the last IV evidence e-mail and got the interview date four days later. I was amazed at the speed and ease of dealing with the NVC and EP.

I had called NVC 2 days after P-2 notice, asking, for the GUZ number but they didn't have one yet. I kept calling each day, then within another couple of days I got the e-mail packet with everything I needed. Looks like we were fortunate with NVC still sending out the packets in a timely order.

Like you, I never waited one second to send anything in. It was like greased LIGHTNIN' the whole way with NVC.....clickity, click, click

Good luck with the interview.

tsap seui

This Fushun gal and our son are LOVING America. Bubba Jr. says he's never going back to China.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)
But, we FLEW through the NVC in just under 3 weeks from the time I got the first e-mail from NVC stating the case was ready for futher processing until I sent in the last IV evidence e-mail and got the interview date four days later. I was amazed at the speed and ease of dealing with the NVC and EP.

Thanks for this confirmation as it is exactly what I expect. It just means that one can get through NVC this fast if they want. It is the only part we control the speed.

The only thing more revealing to me is that it should be faster

I asked one NVC operator why we need to send materials already sent to USCIS... She said, "they don't send us anything".

Now, it seems the department of redundancy is still alive and well; we send papers to USCIS; email copies to NVC: Submit originals to GUZ... If the sibling rivalry could end and true efficient were in place, I think NVC would be about 2 weeks. But what do I know

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

Good News: Both cases are complete at NVC. I expected to hear about 2-3 weeks after the IV docs were sent but they reviewed and finalized in 10 days. My guess is we'll get an interview date in mid- to late-Oct, which would put our entire process at 8 months.

I discovered some shortcuts which I'll pass along in a write-up

Good News: Both cases are complete at NVC. I expected to hear about 2-3 weeks after the IV docs were sent but they reviewed and finalized in 10 days. My guess is we'll get an interview date in mid- to late-Oct, which would put our entire process at 8 months.

Congrats. Looking forward to the write up. We're at 42 days and counting so hopefully something happens in the next month or two.

So I'm looking at about 10 more days here. Interview around the first of November I am thinking. Mine might be quicker since I used the cover sheets.

I talked to NVC and heard the strangest explanation of interview date setting; they set dates each 2nd week of the month. Which means if you do not get a date set, you will wait 4 weeks to hear about the next cycle of interview date setting (?)

That just doesn't make sense. But I know we do not have any date right now but there are two more days this week... so I will call on friday and talk to another person.

I talked to NVC and heard the strangest explanation of interview date setting; they set dates each 2nd week of the month. Which means if you do not get a date set, you will wait 4 weeks to hear about the next cycle of interview date setting (?)

That just doesn't make sense. But I know we do not have any date right now but there are two more days this week... so I will call on friday and talk to another person.

Don't forget that GUZ needs to set some dates, also. That '2nd week' schedule might just fit in with GUZ scheduling their dates beginning the 3rd week like they used to.

Just got this from the NVC:

The National Visa Center is waiting for an Immigrant Visa Application to be submitted for this case.

The Principal Applicant and any other Applicants who will be accompanying him or her to the United

States must now download and complete an Immigrant Visa Application; please visit the following

website for instructions:

http://immigrantvisas.state.gov (click on the link for "submit Visa application and civil documents")

Please submit the Immigrant Visa Application form(s) and required supporting documents for each

Applicant in one package to the National Visa Center; sending this information separately will delay

your visa.

WTF I sent all of that stuff on 9/12. Perhaps they don't have it in their upload system? Reckon I oughta call them?

Don't forget that GUZ needs to set some dates, also. That '2nd week' schedule might just fit in with GUZ scheduling their dates beginning the 3rd week like they used to.

I just meant that it sounded like NVC ONLY sets interviews one week each month. If GUZ only sets theirs once a month too, then it could be why. I hope to get some more info on this.

Just got this from the NVC:

The National Visa Center is waiting for an Immigrant Visa Application to be submitted for this case.

The Principal Applicant and any other Applicants who will be accompanying him or her to the United

States must now download and complete an Immigrant Visa Application; please visit the following

website for instructions:

http://immigrantvisas.state.gov (click on the link for "submit Visa application and civil documents")

Please submit the Immigrant Visa Application form(s) and required supporting documents for each

Applicant in one package to the National Visa Center; sending this information separately will delay

your visa.

WTF I sent all of that stuff on 9/12. Perhaps they don't have it in their upload system? Reckon I oughta call them?

When you send it, you get an email saying they got received it and wait up to "20 days"... so they are in those 20 days. Until a person processes it, they think it is "waiting" for something.

I got this all the time. I submit and they told me they are still waiting on it, etc...

From the date I sent the IV docs to their completion was 9 days.

I just meant that it sounded like NVC ONLY sets interviews one week each month. If GUZ only sets theirs once a month too, then it could be why. I hope to get some more info on this.

Isn't that what they said? Yes - it would seem to suggest that NVC sets their dates, and then hands the calendar off to GUZ, who, in the past, also only set their dates once a month, but took a couple of weeks doing so. Followed by a gap of no interview dates announced, until the scheduling begins for the next month.

The interviews themselves are spread out over the month, of course.