July Interview Group

We went down a little before 7am this morning and observed the "lineup" of women for their interviews. Only saw 2 American men with them. One feller I had met at the medical exams and his girl friend has her K-1 interview today. I wished them both good luck.

We stood around and watched until 7:15am when the guards read the paperwork and let the women in. Both I and Wenyan were very surprised, in 2007 there must have been 150 to 175 women or more each day. today it looked like, maybe 100.

While waiting, Wenyan and I went and sat on the side of the walk way, pretty far from the action. A large Chinese uniformed guard walked up to us and with a smile and a laugh told us we couldn't sit there. He was very nice about it. Later some Chinese folks sat there and another smaller fellow took his bullhorn and not so politely told them to move. :)

Nothing much has changed inside the building in the last 4 years. We went up to walk through where Wenyan and young Bubba will part from me on their interview day and we walked around to the coffee shop, just as a lady turned on the lights there. It hasn't changed as I remembered it either. Wenyan doesn't want me to wait for her in the coffee shop this time. She wants me to go back to our room and wait for her....we'll see.

The same large guard saw us walking around on the forth floor and he walked up and asked Wenyan if she had her paperwork turn in this afternoon? She said no, we were just looking around. He was very polite and happy acting. He was drenched from the humidity outside though.Even at 6:30 this morning the heat index was almost 100.

Everything for the ladies seems to move very quickly nowadays. I remember many more women and crowds for the interviews. You could read the stress on the ladies faces, it was sad in a way. Sorry to see only two American men there with them to give their support in this stressful time. Many men have their jobs to worry about, thank goodness Chinese women are very strong and goal oriented. My heart went out to those....Wenyan took my hand and told me again how lucky she was to have me...in reality, I am the lucky ONE. ;)

So far our experience with GUZ has been more than pleasant. Our e-mails to them about changing the interview day were all answered within hours, we were given the exact day for the interview we asked for, and even the Chinese guards have been very friendly. I can only hope once Wenyan and young Bubba are on that 5th floor things go so well for them, and for the rest of you in the que. :) Good luck to all.

tsap seui

Relaxed today

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went down a little before 7am this morning and observed the "lineup" of women for their interviews. Only saw 2 American men with them. One feller I had met at the medical exams and his girl friend has her K-1 interview today. I wished them both good luck.

We stood around and watched until 7:15am when the guards read the paperwork and let the women in. Both I and Wenyan were very surprised, in 2007 there must have been 150 to 175 women or more each day. today it looked like, maybe 100.

While waiting, Wenyan and I went and sat on the side of the walk way, pretty far from the action. A large Chinese uniformed guard walked up to us and with a smile and a laugh told us we couldn't sit there. He was very nice about it. Later some Chinese folks sat there and another smaller fellow took his bullhorn and not so politely told them to move. :)

Nothing much has changed inside the building in the last 4 years. We went up to walk through where Wenyan and young Bubba will part from me on their interview day and we walked around to the coffee shop, just as a lady turned on the lights there. It hasn't changed as I remembered it either. Wenyan doesn't want me to wait for her in the coffee shop this time. She wants me to go back to our room and wait for her....we'll see.

The same large guard saw us walking around on the forth floor and he walked up and asked Wenyan if she had her paperwork turn in this afternoon? She said no, we were just looking around. He was very polite and happy acting. He was drenched from the humidity outside though.Even at 6:30 this morning the heat index was almost 100.

Everything for the ladies seems to move very quickly nowadays. I remember many more women and crowds for the interviews. You could read the stress on the ladies faces, it was sad in a way. Sorry to see only two American men there with them to give their support in this stressful time. Many men have their jobs to worry about, thank goodness Chinese women are very strong and goal oriented. My heart went out to those....Wenyan took my hand and told me again how lucky she was to have me...in reality, I am the lucky ONE. ;)

So far our experience with GUZ has been more than pleasant. Our e-mails to them about changing the interview day were all answered within hours, we were given the exact day for the interview we asked for, and even the Chinese guards have been very friendly. I can only hope once Wenyan and young Bubba are on that 5th floor things go so well for them, and for the rest of you in the que. :) Good luck to all.

tsap seui

Relaxed today

I'm pulling for you buddy. How sweet it will be. . .

I'm pulling for you buddy. How sweet it will be. . .

Thanks much Kyle. :) I take nothin' for granted but we are going to do our best. It is darn nice to have this family supporting us.

tsap seui

This is the bulldawg reporting from GZ.

Very happy day, my laopo easily got her pink . She didn't get called til almost noon time , so as time weant by, I became more relaxed since my assumption is they called first difficult cases and left easy cases til later .

Just standard interview questions . My laopo spoke Mandarin through out . The officer asked her a few standard questions such as when we met , how often I came to see her , my job and of course she asked how I learned to speak Mandarin. Asked for pictures and she showed her a few . 2 minutes interview, Passed ! then, by the way, are you CCP?

of course, not.

There are 4 officers and two supervisors.

Since I am a Mandarin speaking guy , I was able to speak to the security guard and learned a few things. It seems to me that they have to be mean & yelling at these Chinese because otherwise they won't be taken seriously .As you all know Chinese culture cuts lines,etc... Otherwise, they are very nice guy. One guy , he was an ex Chinese Navy Seal . He said he wish one day he can come to the United States and join the US military . He's not affraid of killing terrorist or get killed as long as he gets paid well since he knows US military pay much better salary and benefit than Chinese counterpart. He also told me that he respects American Laws. For examples, everyday , there are a lot of intending immigrants under family visa category ( eg. parents, brothers,etc... ) ; many of them are poor & stinky , they don't speak nor read Mandarin , they are from farm lands in Fujian,etc.... , although American officers look down at them , but, they must issue them visas because they meet all the requirements . In United States, personal prejudice can't override the laws. That's why he respects American legal system.

WOW, I am proud to hear this as an American.

Spouse visa applicants , about 10 -20 perday , sometimes more . K's applicants are about the same. Others are family visas ,eg. parents, bros, sis...

Today, I saw a lot of visiting students ; they want to come to the US for 1 months visiting US colleges ( like a group tour ) . One person 30,000 Yuan . With one child policy , Chinese parents really have money now to spoil their kids.

I spoke with a few Chinese ladies who applied for CR /IR visas . Some of them have come to GZ a few times for interviews . Finally , one of them , got pink today. Here we go uncle Tsap Tsap . Your turn is coming huh.

Good luck to you.

Edited by bullmastiff (see edit history)

I am very happy for you cuzin' Bulldawg. :) Actually, DAMN happy!!!!

I was there by the lineup with lil' rabbit from 7am until the women started going inside at 7:15...I wuz the white guy with the black baseball cap. Went there to see if anything changed at the ol' place. We talked to the larger tough looking guard a bit, very nice guy.

Looks like you are going to be in GZ on Saturday, we oughta git together for laughs, especially if we get that pink paper too.

Funny, we probably saw each other. :lol:

I am thrilled for your success.

tsap seui

Uncle tsap

I didn't go there til about 8

Lao po went there first so I could enjoy my breakfast

I was no use anyway at this stage

I saw one white guy with a cap and wearing short

He looked tense until his honey came out with the pink

Don't give up your dream uncle tsap no matter what the outcome is

One more thing uncle tsap

Chinese people nowdays have money

Look at the foreign students

Also those immigrating ladies

Some of them are wealthy

I am going to share this story with my red neck colleagues in south carolina when

I return

We Americans have better wake up or else we will become kulis in the near future while the chinese will be our

Well TSAP, here's wishing you and Lil Rabbit all the worlds luck for your big day! Been following your story for some time now and I pray for a happy ending......no, let's make that a happy beginning!!!! Good Luck!

Tsap and lil' rabbit should be in line at the consulate right about now. Positive Thoughts going down south.