July Interview Group

Made it here to Guangzhou around 12:30pm. Sittin' here in one of the Yang's rooms up on the 20th floor with 3 air conditioners tryin' to cut down the heat and humidity.

Man, did the park across from the consulate change in the last 4 years, new buildings, (one sitting dead in it's tracks and looks like it's been that way a long time) and the waterfall and grassy area of the old park is completely gone.

I guess it is China... old today, new tomorrow. :lol:

Lil' rabbit and Bubba, Jr going for the medical in the morning.

"We're HERE, we're HERE, let the bells ring loudly and the banners fly high, We're HERE".... I have no clue what that means, it's just something the guy who played Thurston Howell on Gilligans Island used to say, and somehow it's seems so fitting. :D

tsap seui

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncle tsap

Allow a few days for them to condition after the shots

Allergic reaction is common

United family hospital is very nice one

Better than the other one

In 2007 they didn't get any shots. Bubba Jr was 10 then, 15 now, maybe he will need something now.

We went shopping at a large food shop across the street from IKEA....3 apples 20rmb, 4 plums 10.70, pineapple 9.90, 2 tomatoes 8.60, 2 samll ears of corn, 3.30rmb....and on and on it goes.

The place was packed....I don't see how Chinese folks afford to eat. Nothing for us Americans with our exchange rate, how does the average Chinese person eat, other than those boxed dinners you add water to????

Food is expensive to me up in little Fushun, it's double the price here...and the place was absolutely packed to the gills.

Our rooms are cool now, livable finally. :D

Time to chow down now.....yummy, it might cost you your arm and a leg to buy food here but it shore is gud.

tsap seui

Another observation, it still smells like an open sewer pit around the consulate building area, like a bath room that doesn't have any traps installed to keep the sewer gas from coming into your house... :lol:...on the 20th floor the air smells like a camp fire. I am in no way complaining, to me life is nothing but HILARIOUS and I LOVE laughing at it. Guangzhou is still a pretty city.

We went shopping at a large food shop across the street from IKEA....3 apples 20rmb, 4 plums 10.70, pineapple 9.90, 2 tomatoes 8.60, 2 samll ears of corn, 3.30rmb....and on and on it goes.

The place was packed....I don't see how Chinese folks afford to eat. Nothing for us Americans with our exchange rate, how does the average Chinese person eat, other than those boxed dinners you add water to????

Food is expensive to me up in little Fushun, it's double the price here...and the place was absolutely packed to the gills.

I think I know what grocery store you are talking about. Even if it was busy, it is still the top 10-15% economically that is shopping there. I am still amazed at all the markets hidden away where you can buy food for a lot cheaper than the western style supermarkets.

I think I know what grocery store you are talking about. Even if it was busy, it is still the top 10-15% economically that is shopping there. I am still amazed at all the markets hidden away where you can buy food for a lot cheaper than the western style supermarkets.

I hear ya Beachy and you make sense to me. The super market is called Jusco, we paid 225rmb for 3 plastic bags of groceries. If I lived here I would find places to buy food that were still in the "atmosphere" but this place will do for our time in Guangzhou.

tsap seui

tsap seui

Edited by dnoblett
Quote tags fixed (see edit history)

Uncle tsap

PM me if you want to get together

We can chat and laugh

Headin' off for the medical in a few minutes. Will PM you later cuzin.

tsap seui

Tasapper,

I haven't been this excited about a visa interview in years---- so many of your observations seem to come from that sense of pins & needles ---- fight or flight--- that rarefied air of heighten sensations. Attention to every detail --- and those that are different --- from the last time. "...Another observation, it still smells like an open sewer pit around the consulate building area, like a bath room that doesn't have any traps installed to keep the sewer gas from coming into your house..." Exactly my first experience before the turn of the century (adoption #1) ----- and of course, then on Seiman Island, the sewers were only covered by concrete tiles. --- all since replaced. But also, your other observations of change (and what is China except change?----and its one of the things American's fears most --- the ungreening of the park--- across from the Consulate building. ------ on my first visit to the US Consulate, there was a small patch of manicured lawn in front, and a very traditional gate house, where American citizens passed through a check point-- civilian employees did security searches, but beyond that were the US Marines, who greeted you thus: "Welcome home sir" ----- as you entered to conduct business on American soil. But while waiting for the (adoption) process visa, American citizens could lounge on that little spot of lawn, with their soon to be daughters, until called inside. So funny was the reaction of daughter # 1 ~ ! (just turned two) --- she had never walked on grass before -- (we knew that by her mud caked feet, in Nanjing) ---and was very suspicious of the whole process.

So keep it commin' Tsap ------ we are, collectively, ALL EARS ! :D

Tasapper,

I haven't been this excited about a visa interview in years---- so many of your observations seem to come from that sense of pins & needles ---- fight or flight--- that rarefied air of heighten sensations. Attention to every detail --- and those that are different --- from the last time. "...Another observation, it still smells like an open sewer pit around the consulate building area, like a bath room that doesn't have any traps installed to keep the sewer gas from coming into your house..." Exactly my first experience before the turn of the century (adoption #1) ----- and of course, then on Seiman Island, the sewers were only covered by concrete tiles. --- all since replaced. But also, your other observations of change (and what is China except change?----and its one of the things American's fears most --- the ungreening of the park--- across from the Consulate building. ------ on my first visit to the US Consulate, there was a small patch of manicured lawn in front, and a very traditional gate house, where American citizens passed through a check point-- civilian employees did security searches, but beyond that were the US Marines, who greeted you thus: "Welcome home sir" ----- as you entered to conduct business on American soil. But while waiting for the (adoption) process visa, American citizens could lounge on that little spot of lawn, with their soon to be daughters, until called inside. So funny was the reaction of daughter # 1 ~ ! (just turned two) --- she had never walked on grass before -- (we knew that by her mud caked feet, in Nanjing) ---and was very suspicious of the whole process.

So keep it commin' Tsap ------ we are, collectively, ALL EARS ! :D

Thanks Kim. You are a good man who has done a lot of good in your life. I like the picture you paint of how the consulate used to be, a much warmer place than now.

This morning I met two American men at teh medical center Mr. Yang took us to. One is K-1 and the other CR-1. They neither one understood the workings of GUZ very well but it sounds like they have good cases and should get the visas. I gave them Candle's address should they have trouble or need help with AOS, etc. Nice to talk to them. One has an attorney and the other doesn't, neither one of them were aware of Candle or VJ or CVF and the education they could get so they peppered me with pent up questions about their cases.

Lil' rabbit and young Bubba are off for their shots right now and then we are goingot go out to eat and get back to study. Only a few days left now to work on our dream. I put on a strong front for lil' rabbit, keep her laughing and literally jump to her every whim about this interview. She says this is her last trip to Guangzhou, no me moving to China and trying a DCF. I know that isn't true and I hope it doesn't come to that.

The night before we left so early in the morning for the airport her father got taken to a hospital for an emergency hernia operation. He will be 80 later this month and one hospital wouldn't take him because of his age. She had to line things up for him admittance,etc...had to find a friend who had a family member who worked at the hospital who would see him through the procedure....what a hospital system. No sneak money or friend who knows a friend and your ticket may well be punched on something you could have survived. Lil' rabbit did her thing, came home from the hospital and slept two hours before we left for the airport. Baba is okay. Poor guy tried for three days to push his gut back inside. We don't know how lucky we have it in America.

As I type I look out the window at the Ramada Inn across the near way with the railroad tracks across the street from it. Just across the street from me is the Grand Palace Hotel and 30 some floors of expensive home. I can look down at the ground works of yet another concrete tower being readied for it's foundations.

Oh Guangzhou, I wish I didn'thave to know you under these conditions. I hope I grow to love you, come Friday morning. You have sure been a plight on my life for the last 4 years. :lol:

Mr. Yang remembered lil' rabbit and I from 4 years ago. We all had a laugh about that. I asked how his soon to be 4 year old son was now, as he was soon to leave his mother's womb last time I was here.

tsap seui

tsap seui

Uncle tsap

We can chat and laugh

I would love to meet with you cuzin' Bullmastiff. We are going to have to wait until after our interview Friday morning though. A couple of other fellows are here in town now also and I want to meet them too.

Little rabbit and I are so busy with preparation, endless preparation that she and I must spend these last few days in study, once she returns from the shots you told me about. Turns out CR-1 and IR-1 gets the shots that K-1 doesn't. I know you understand what we are doing.

We will be here until the 13th if she gets the visa, our son will go home the day after the interview, yes or no. We will wait the 3 day period and give Mr. Yang the power to pick up the passports if they don't arive in 3 days.

If we get teh visas THAT will be the time to meet us. You will meet 2 very happy and funny people. We will have a great time.

Good luck to you on your day. I hope the best for you and the rest of the gang in the que.

tsap seui

Uncle tsap

We can chat and laugh

I would love to meet with you cuzin' Bullmastiff. We are going to have to wait until after our interview Friday morning though. A couple of other fellows are here in town now also and I want to meet them too.

Little rabbit and I are so busy with preparation, endless preparation that she and I must spend these last few days in study, once she returns from the shots you told me about. Turns out CR-1 and IR-1 gets the shots that K-1 doesn't. I know you understand what we are doing.

We will be here until the 13th if she gets the visa, our son will go home the day after the interview, yes or no. We will wait the 3 day period and give Mr. Yang the power to pick up the passports if they don't arive in 3 days.

If we get teh visas THAT will be the time to meet us. You will meet 2 very happy and funny people. We will have a great time.

Good luck to you on your day. I hope the best for you and the rest of the gang in the que.

tsap seui

Good luck for your and your wife, I am sure you will get red/pink slip this time . my interview was on June 29, and my K1 visa package was in the post office which is not far fr where you stay on July 1. I collected on July 2. My fiance left Guangzhou today, and I will leave Guangzhou tommorrow, Expecting good news fr your guys :clapping:

No problem uncle Tsap.

Yes, those shots are rough. She may get ill for 1 - 2 days . My laopo arm is swollen and painful. Today, we went to see the doc at the United Hospital to check if it is not going to be a cellulitis .

I didn't know that K1 doesn't need the shot . Lao po told me that the Xray is different for K1 vs IR /CR1 ???

All the best to you .

Would love to meet other members as well once we are done .

my interview was on June 29, and my K1 visa package was in the post office which is not far fr where you stay on July 1. I collected on July 2.

That's very good information, thank you!!

My fiancee's interview is on a Tuesday, so I hope she'll get her visa on Friday or Saturday that week at the post office.

Have a good trip home!! :)

my interview was on June 29, and my K1 visa package was in the post office which is not far fr where you stay on July 1. I collected on July 2.

That's very good information, thank you!!

My fiancee's interview is on a Tuesday, so I hope she'll get her visa on Friday or Saturday that week at the post office.

Have a good trip home!! :)

Hi BobbyA, thank you, I hope your GF 's interview will be as smooth as mine, Good luck, by the way ,I also had vaccine shots (which is not required for theK1 interview, but will be needed for the green card paper work later) in the designated clinic after interview--it is not completed until do the shots all over again at least 6 week later. it does not need to make appointment with the doctor here ,very simple,just walk in.