Second time is PINK

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I wonder is if while front loading your petition and you knew CCP membership was going to be a problem you explained it up front. Could it save you time instead of waiting for a blue slip? Maybe not since GZ doesn't really look at the petition until interview day.

I am not sure whether it works if explaining it in the petition. Most people like me do not realize CCP is a problem till we see people talk about it. Many people may know it till the interview. Like me, just a few minutes ago, I get to know CCP is asked specifically in DS 230 item 40c.

If attaching a statement whiling filing DS 230, it may help to avoid a blue slip. But like you said, maybe not. Who knows?

Dont beat yourself up. There is no way to get the SAO check started earlier than after the interview no matter what you front load. There was nothing you could do. What SHOULD happen is when the application is sent in , there should be this question and a flag to initiate the higher level SAO check in addition to/ in lieu of the standard name check variety. Then it can be done upfront as part of the name check. Any concerns kicked back from the security check could be addressed before a lot of further processing is done. But efficiency is not in the government vocabulary.

Dont beat yourself up. There is no way to get the SAO check started earlier than after the interview no matter what you front load. There was nothing you could do. What SHOULD happen is when the application is sent in , there should be this question and a flag to initiate the higher level SAO check in addition to/ in lieu of the standard name check variety. Then it can be done upfront as part of the name check. Any concerns kicked back from the security check could be addressed before a lot of further processing is done. But efficiency is not in the government vocabulary.

It is good to know this. Your comments definietly will help people how to handle this thing properly. Thanks, Lee VD.

• 3 weeks later...

Journey finished, Wife arrived yesterday afternoon to JFK.

Only problem experienced at POE was 5 planes landing at same time from 5 different countries so she had a 2 hour wait clearing through immigration.

That and her flight to Beijing was delayed so she barely made flight to New York which caused one of her bags to not make the transfer, but Air China is great on things like this and bag will arrive today and they will have driver bring to our house which is 2 hour drive from airport.

Thanks again to everyone here at Candle for the support and advice.

Scott

Only problem experienced at POE was 5 planes landing at same time from 5 different countries so she had a 2 hour wait clearing through immigration.

That and her flight to Beijing was delayed so she barely made flight to New York which caused one of her bags to not make the transfer, but Air China is great on things like this and bag will arrive today and they will have driver bring to our house which is 2 hour drive from airport.

Scott

Glad Lihong made it home ok. Thanks for dinner in Chongqing. I made it back the 19th, barely catching my flight by 3 minutes. Pat and Nina are in Chongqing until 17 May. If all goes well, Xixi may fly back when they do. I remember the story you told of the lady with the Chinese torture Hot Foot Bath. I wish you could have come down to the Big Square and listened to the Chinese torture lady singing the "squealing pig music", and at the very end, the "someone steps on a cat's tail"........on torture....torture..

Scott

Glad Lihong made it home ok. Thanks for dinner in Chongqing. I made it back the 19th, barely catching my flight by 3 minutes. Pat and Nina are in Chongqing until 17 May. If all goes well, Xixi may fly back when they do. I remember the story you told of the lady with the Chinese torture Hot Foot Bath. I wish you could have come down to the Big Square and listened to the Chinese torture lady singing the "squealing pig music", and at the very end, the "someone steps on a cat's tail"........on torture....torture..

Haha I know the squealing pig lady in the square I have video of her, I wish I knew how to post a video so I could torture everyone :rolleyes:

Welcome back and best of luck to you and Xixi on upcoming interview.

Hi Congrats what a relief,

I am wondering if I could get a hold of Eunice to go over our case before the interview. I don't know how to get in touch with them. My wife is in Shenzhen so it's only an hour away to Guangzhou. Anything to help her pass her interview May 9th and 10th would be a big plus. I could not stand waiting another 6 months. Thanks in advance

Ed

Edited by Ed&Mandy (see edit history)

Hi Congrats what a relief,

I am wondering if I could get a hold of Eunice to go over our case before the interview. I don't know how to get in touch with them. My wife is in Shenzhen so it's only an hour away to Guangzhou. Anything to help her pass her interview May 9th and 10th would be a big plus. I could not stand waiting another 6 months. Thanks in advance

Ed

Eunice is SmilingAsia here on CFL. You can send a PM to her.

Ed,

This is my opinion; Eunice looks to see if your compatible PRIOR to meeting and filing; If your not compatible for filing and love, what is the point? That is 90% of the folks. Now you want to ask if she can review an 11th hour situation?

If it were me with a business, I would tell you, 'good luck'. I am thinking, you don't quite get it. Anyways, good luck.

Thanks to Chilton we got in touch with her this morning. THANK YOU CHILTON! She already helped us out just from talking with her for 10 minutes. Umm if she can help my wife with the questions and the correct answers umm is there a problem with last minute coaching session? I think she is meeting with her today after her medical in Guangzhou. How many teams won in the last minutes of a game due to excellent coaching? How many lost cause they didn't have a coach? Anyway I would rather her have a coach than non at all? She's never had an interview for a visa before she does not have any idea what to expect? My main concern is bringing the proper documents and having them well organized in case they ask for more evidence.

Thank you Chilton for giving me her screen name we got in touch with her this morning. Much appreciated. Thank you again. My wife talked with her for over an hour. I talked with her for 10 minutes got somethings going today. She is going to meet with her possibly today in Guangzhou after her medical. I don't think you can prepare enough for this.

Pardon me Dave maybe I didn't know what her job function is. I am new here. Someone mentioned she worked with Marc Ellis? I don't know, but I wanted to hire someone to review all our papers before the interview to make sure all the papers are in order. That I have the right papers, the right emails and stuff like that. Can't hurt to get a second opinion. My attorney did not front load our application as there was not a whole load of stuff to front load it with. Now after 17 months I think we have some evidence.

ED

Thanks to Chilton we got in touch with her this morning. THANK YOU CHILTON! She already helped us out just from talking with her for 10 minutes. Umm if she can help my wife with the questions and the correct answers umm is there a problem with last minute coaching session? I think she is meeting with her today after her medical in Guangzhou. How many teams won in the last minutes of a game due to excellent coaching? How many lost cause they didn't have a coach? Anyway I would rather her have a coach than non at all? She's never had an interview for a visa before she does not have any idea what to expect? My main concern is bringing the proper documents and having them well organized in case they ask for more evidence.

Thank you Chilton for giving me her screen name we got in touch with her this morning. Much appreciated. Thank you again. My wife talked with her for over an hour. I talked with her for 10 minutes got somethings going today. She is going to meet with her possibly today in Guangzhou after her medical. I don't think you can prepare enough for this.

Pardon me Dave maybe I didn't know what her job function is. I am new here. Someone mentioned she worked with Marc Ellis? I don't know, but I wanted to hire someone to review all our papers before the interview to make sure all the papers are in order. That I have the right papers, the right emails and stuff like that. Can't hurt to get a second opinion. My attorney did not front load our application as there was not a whole load of stuff to front load it with. Now after 17 months I think we have some evidence.

ED

You are welcome. Tell Eunice I said "hello". She is very good at what she does.

Good Luck!!