March Interview Group

Time to start up next month's interview thread.

Anyone scheduled yet?

I was told on the telephone that my wife's interview is scheduled for March 1 at 12:30. Now we are waiting for the confirmation letter with the P4 packet. I hope the interview is truly on the stated date because we have made all of our flight reservation and booked a reservation at the Yang's.

We called the DOS last Monday (Feb. 1st), and they informed us my wife has her interview on March 14th! YAY!!! It's been a long road. We're both so excited. I'm looking forward to being home again (I'm a bit homesick). I really want to show her where I grew up, what life is like there. She's met my parents and one sister, but there is still a lot of extended family for her to meet hahaha It'll be great. Everyone who's met her has said she already fits in the family and feels like a part of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told on the telephone that my wife's interview is scheduled for March 1 at 12:30. Now we are waiting for the confirmation letter with the P4 packet. I hope the interview is truly on the stated date because we have made all of our flight reservation and booked a reservation at the Yang's.

I guess you probably have all the detailed information by now but I just saw your post (I've been away without internet access for 3 weeks) and thought I'd write just in case. I was also informed by calling DOS that my fiancee's interview was scheduled for 12:30 (Feb 28). That's all they could tell me on the phone, but that's actually NOT the interview date, it's simply the day to turn in some documents and do fingerprinting, the interview is the following day (for my fiancee March 1). I'm guessing it's the same in your situation. Again you've probably received the letter by now so you can know for sure. Hope it didn't conflict with your travel arrangements.

Edited by dnoblett
Fixed Quote Tags (see edit history)

I guess you probably have all the detailed information by now but I just saw your post (I've been away without internet access for 3 weeks) and thought I'd write just in case. I was also informed by calling DOS that my fiancee's interview was scheduled for 12:30 (Feb 28). That's all they could tell me on the phone, but that's actually NOT the interview date, it's simply the day to turn in some documents and do fingerprinting, the interview is the following day (for my fiancee March 1). I'm guessing it's the same in your situation. Again you've probably received the letter by now so you can know for sure. Hope it didn't conflict with your travel arrangements.

Hi,

My wife finally got the P4 packet as soon as the Spring Festival ended and EMS went back to work. You are correct, the March 1 date we got was for submission of documents and the interview will be March 2nd. I took a chance and booked a flight to Los Angeles for her and I pray for pink. I wish you and your fiance much luck for a successful interview.

Mike

My wife and I have read conflicting information about when approved people get their visas... it is kind of disheartening. It doesn't mess with our travel plans. When we began the process, I had no idea it would take this long So, as every little thing added to the time, I finally figured we should wait to get tickets until we get the visa back! I think that really is the best strategy.

My wife and I have read conflicting information about when approved people get their visas... it is kind of disheartening. It doesn't mess with our travel plans. When we began the process, I had no idea it would take this long So, as every little thing added to the time, I finally figured we should wait to get tickets until we get the visa back! I think that really is the best strategy.

1. My flight to the U.S. leaves the day after the interview. How quickly can I get my visa?

The Consulate strongly encourages you not to buy your tickets or make travel plans until after your visa has been approved. The Consulate cannot guarantee that your visa will be approved at the original interview and will not be responsible for the consequences of your decision to buy a non-refundable plane ticket. Once your visa has been approved, you will need to make arrangements with China Post to either pick up or have your visa mailed to you (but please note--this service is currently only an option if you live in Guangdong Province or in the city of Beijing, Shanghai, Fuzhou, Changle, Nanjing, Wenzhou, Tianjin, Shenyang and Changchun). Passports are typically available for pick-up within 3 business days after the interview.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.html#A1

2 Years and 4 months since our Journey started we will once again be at the finish line trying to finally be together. I hope this time we can step over that finish line and not get sent back to the start line.

Interview scheduled March 24th

Best of Luck Scott. I am going over 31 March, I think. Maybe see you there....

2 Years and 4 months since our Journey started we will once again be at the finish line trying to finally be together. I hope this time we can step over that finish line and not get sent back to the start line.

Interview scheduled March 24th

Best of Luck Scott. I am going over 31 March, I think. Maybe see you there....

Look forward to seeing you, we should be back in Chongqing by the time you get there. Celebration dinner on me =)