Rooms for Rent Near US Consulate (Yang's)

TianYu Garden

Guest Rob & Jin

Give it a rest Dale

The vast majority of us that have stayed there did not experience what you did, quite the opposite.

To all others- if you want a 4 star hotel, then the Yang's ain't it, but if you want a cheap place to lay your head, a good guide for getting around GZ and support (especially useful if the beneficiary is there alone) then they are great.

good luck to all

OK rob, I will. I suppose if most people had a good experience and were happy with the filthy rooms then it must be ok. I just hope that nobody else has money stolen from their room as we did. I CAN'T recommend the Yang's with a clear conscience.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WenDylan

So...

Is this still the place to go??

It sounds great to me.

Yes, it is a place to go. There are many similar places around the consulate, not to mention your regular hotels. If in doubt, you can ask Wendy a quick question and I'm sure she would advise you the best choice for your stay. Wendy knows Guangzhou, so send her a message if you'd like.

¡°The most dirty and run down place that I ever stayed¡± Quote from my Lao Po who lived in rural China most of her life.

Does it have a matress and running water? 'Cause if it does, sounds like a better place than many I have been.......

it sounds like the perfect place for you. sometimes you won't have any hot water.

Guest WenDylan

¡°The most dirty and run down place that I ever stayed¡± Quote from my Lao Po who lived in rural China most of her life.

Does it have a matress and running water? 'Cause if it does, sounds like a better place than many I have been.......

it sounds like the perfect place for you. sometimes you won't have any hot water.

maybe some people don't get that luxury here either

Our room was decent, clean, and we never ran out of hot water.

The Yang's greatly helped us, actually took hours with us, and Mrs. Yang's sister took us to the hospital and fast tracked the lil' rabbit through the medical.

tsap seui

Our room was decent, clean, and we never ran out of hot water.

The Yang's greatly helped us, actually took hours with us, and Mrs. Yang's sister took us to the hospital and fast tracked the lil' rabbit through the medical.

tsap seui

the yangs will take the time to review your paperwork, however since they know very little english they are mainly checking for completeness. while staying at the yangs i saw plenty of people getting help from the yangs and getting blue and white slips. if you need help with the paperwork and interview prep i recommend smiling asia. the yangs will also go with you to the medical, but you can simply give the address to the cab driver and go by yourself.

Edited by dale7570 (see edit history)

hmmmmm. i guess i'm not the only one who felt this way.

hmmm.. nope. i guess not.

but you DO seem to be the only one harping on it relentlessly, as if it your own personal campaign to keep anyone and everyone away from the Yangs.

while i do appreciate your input and advice in this matter, your relentlessly bashing and harping on the Yangs has forced me to discard your opinion on this subject entirely.

perhaps one post was enough. I HAVE read the entire thread, and have seen only a handful (2-3) complaints against them, versus a multitude of praise from thankful people...

it seems you are less interested in helping others with advice than you are interested in making this your own personal "I hate the Yangs" party. at least in this thread.

so, I'm really sorry you had a bad time at the Yang's, and I thank you very much for the advice and recommendations, as well as sharing your personal experience - but I can no longer take your opinion seriously on this matter. you just seem to have gone a little overboard, IMHO.

i think we are going to give them a chance, if they have a room available.

Mr and Mrs Yang are sweethearts and I highly recommend them, there is no if's and's or but's!!!!! They were always there for us from meeting us the Seven 11 when we arrived to inviting us to there home for use of the computer to using there phone. This is truly a business for them, but look at the many people in here they have helped.

You make your mind up by weighing the +'s and -'s and I am sure you will see what i am saying is true.

All the best!

Ben

Mr and Mrs Yang are sweethearts and I highly recommend them, there is no if's and's or but's!!!!! They were always there for us from meeting us the Seven 11 when we arrived to inviting us to there home for use of the computer to using there phone. This is truly a business for them, but look at the many people in here they have helped.

You make your mind up by weighing the +'s and -'s and I am sure you will see what i am saying is true.

All the best!

Ben

Thanks Ben!!

hmmmmm. i guess i'm not the only one who felt this way.

hmmm.. nope. i guess not.

but you DO seem to be the only one harping on it relentlessly, as if it your own personal campaign to keep anyone and everyone away from the Yangs.

while i do appreciate your input and advice in this matter, your relentlessly bashing and harping on the Yangs has forced me to discard your opinion on this subject entirely.

perhaps one post was enough. I HAVE read the entire thread, and have seen only a handful (2-3) complaints against them, versus a multitude of praise from thankful people...

it seems you are less interested in helping others with advice than you are interested in making this your own personal "I hate the Yangs" party. at least in this thread.

so, I'm really sorry you had a bad time at the Yang's, and I thank you very much for the advice and recommendations, as well as sharing your personal experience - but I can no longer take your opinion seriously on this matter. you just seem to have gone a little overboard, IMHO.

i think we are going to give them a chance, if they have a room available.

everyone has their set own standards of living conditions.judging from your posts i'm sure you will be happy at the yangs. just don't leave any valuables in your room or they might end up missing. good luck with your interview. think pink!