Rooms for Rent Near US Consulate (Yang's)

TianYu Garden

We just spent 11 days there, and we will stay there when we return from Liuzhou, in June. This was our second interview in GUZ, and the second time we stayed with the Yangs. We have some final shopping to do before we return to the US. You can PM me if you have any questions. We also have a Chinese cell number if you want to call. Mike & Yizhen

• 1 month later...

I'll add another testimony to how helpful Mr Yang's family is...

We contacted Mr Yang about staying at his hotel; however, I was going to be in town with Julie for the interview, and Mr Yang's rooms tend to be focused on unaccompanied female occupants. However, Mr Yang has a relative named Pi Zhen Shu, who owns private apartments that are suitable for couples; the apartment is less than a 3-minute walk from the GUZ consulate building.

We opted to stay at Mrs. Pi's apartment. Our apartment was well-maintained, had free DSL service, and was very reasonably priced; even more so when we consider the Yang's excellent visa consultation services that are bundled with the price of our room rental rent.

I would recommend that anyone interviewing with GUZ should also consider staying with the Yangs. Many thanks to your family for your services and all the happiness you help bring those who get their visa with your assistance.

• 4 weeks later...

Our interview was on 7/9, wife arrived on 6/30 to have plenty of time to get the medical done, and adjust to the area and the heat. The first couple of nights she stayed with a relative, but was not satisfied. At the medical examination she met Mr. Yang in person, and after speaking with him, she decided to rent one of his apartments. The consolate was just around the corner, (really) and this was a great convience along with Mr Yang's more than 10 years experience in helping couples prepare for their most important day. Taxi's can be a little harder to get in Guangzhou so we have been told. So being able to walk out of our building and within one minute be at the consulate was very convienent for me to attend ACH & ACS, and her to "line up" the morning of the interview.

We (mostly my wife) had done a good job to prepare our case with a lot of edvidence, she is not only a member of CFL but also 001, and as such she is well versed in all that goes into putting together a good case. Along with this, Mr. Yang and his wife's advice and encouragement helped her to feel more confident.

Staying at the Yang's, we got to meet many other couples getting ready for their interview, talk with them and share our experiences in preparing for the big day.

On a final note, on the way to the Guangzhou airport, son discovered he had lost a memory card for his handheld computer game, after a phone call to Mr. Yang, he found it and said he would mail it to us in Harbin.

This was our experience, and we wanted to write about it so others can have more information to make their own choice in preparing for the interview.

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q408/ltbadd/Guangzhou/IMG_0758.jpg

Wife and Mrs & Mr Yang and son

I'm here with the Yang's now. They have been very helpful. Mrs. Yang helped my fiancee find her medication that she neglected to bring enough of. Seems only one pharmacy in Guangzhou carried it. The Yang's have been very supportive. And Mrs. Yang has had the patience to deal with all the phone calls from my fiancee. They have been great.

The apartments are typical Chinese apartments. The first one we were in had two bedrooms. It looked dirty, but really wasn't. There was a band of dried glue on the floor all the way around the baseboard, which held on to the dirt. It looked bad, but it was clean. We moved into a single bedroom apartment after a couple of days. It is reasonably nice and clean as well. Ok, the bathroom is the toilet, shower, and sink. There is no separate shower stall. It's a little awkward, but it is ok. In both places, the water heater vents into the apartment; you just have to be sure to open a window before taking a shower and to close it before leaving (or risk someone entering the apartment).

My fiancee is very picky. She likes it here. That's good enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Yangs are good.

We stayed at Mr. Yangs for a week (one of his apartments near the consulate building) before our interview on July 23, 2009. He reported 23 pinks for the people staying with him the week before us, a perfect record.

For anyone, I would highly recommend Mr. Yang's apartment for the interviews. He helped get us to GUZ (Yi from Chengdu and me from HK), his apartments were in or near the consulate building, he promptly provided service for problems (ever get locked out of an apartment with no cellphone in a strange city where you cannot speak a word of the native language and do not know where the landlord lives? It is amazing how many people in GUZ know Mr. Yang!), he personally resolved a medical issue and went with us 4 times to medical office until the issue was concluded days later, he provided assistance on interview questions, he allowed us to use his printer and copier, and he gave information on local places to make life easier here (supermarket, restuarants, travel options, etc.).

Although his apartments are not five star, his service and knowledge of this whole visa process make him a resource of incredible measure. Frankly, if it had not been for his assistance and personal, immediate attention to a small issue we had, Yi would have been in blue slip hell for the next year. Now, thanks to him, we are able to move on with our lives as a family. And in the most honorable of ways, he did not ask for a single penny or favor for his trouble. Mr. Yang, and his family, are a rare find in this visa business, particularly when you see all those opportunist visa sharks in the consulate building looking to prey upon the emotions and finances of troubled loved ones. I will, and have already, recommend the Yangs to anyone for this final leg of the visa journey.

Yi and Eric

• 2 months later...

Yangs are good.

We stayed at Mr. Yangs for a week (one of his apartments near the consulate building) before our interview on July 23, 2009. He reported 23 pinks for the people staying with him the week before us, a perfect record.

For anyone, I would highly recommend Mr. Yang's apartment for the interviews. He helped get us to GUZ (Yi from Chengdu and me from HK), his apartments were in or near the consulate building, he promptly provided service for problems (ever get locked out of an apartment with no cellphone in a strange city where you cannot speak a word of the native language and do not know where the landlord lives? It is amazing how many people in GUZ know Mr. Yang!), he personally resolved a medical issue and went with us 4 times to medical office until the issue was concluded days later, he provided assistance on interview questions, he allowed us to use his printer and copier, and he gave information on local places to make life easier here (supermarket, restuarants, travel options, etc.).

Although his apartments are not five star, his service and knowledge of this whole visa process make him a resource of incredible measure. Frankly, if it had not been for his assistance and personal, immediate attention to a small issue we had, Yi would have been in blue slip hell for the next year. Now, thanks to him, we are able to move on with our lives as a family. And in the most honorable of ways, he did not ask for a single penny or favor for his trouble. Mr. Yang, and his family, are a rare find in this visa business, particularly when you see all those opportunist visa sharks in the consulate building looking to prey upon the emotions and finances of troubled loved ones. I will, and have already, recommend the Yangs to anyone for this final leg of the visa journey.

Yi and Eric

What is the Phone number to the Yang's?

THe number on this site did not work

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

WeiLing just talked to Mr. Yang, and we now have a room booked for this weekend. I'm just going to pick up a certificate of marriageability, so it'll be a quick trip. 180RMB/night for a single bed, public bathroom. I'm not so concerned with not having my own bathroom, and neither is WeiLing. Location, price, and other recommendations on this board made it pretty difficult to pass up.

I'll post again when I've returned, to tell how it was.

WeiLing just talked to Mr. Yang, and we now have a room booked for this weekend. I'm just going to pick up a certificate of marriageability, so it'll be a quick trip. 180RMB/night for a single bed, public bathroom. I'm not so concerned with not having my own bathroom, and neither is WeiLing. Location, price, and other recommendations on this board made it pretty difficult to pass up.

good you make their connection, they are good people.

HELLO,

I am very see you today . I tell you, if you want have a private room, the price is 300RMB/night in the fair (From 15 Oct. to 03 NOV.)

I am sorry that I am so late to reply to you.