She is finally here

3timescharm

I flew to LA on Sunday morning and arrived at 1:30pm. Since I had bought the tickets 2 weeks apart our seats were not next to each other on the flight to Atlanta. I went to the Delta ticket counter and asked about it and the lady told me that the flight was over booked and there was no way to say if we could have our seats changed :angry: . I was told to go to the gate 1 hour before boarding and see if they could do it. Na's flight was supposed to land at 5:50pm so I had a lot of time to kill. I went to the International terminal and asked at the information desk about Immigration and customs. The lady told me since it was her first trip to the USA that it could take 3 to 4 hours to clear Immigration and customs :lol: . I decided to kill time and just walk around for a while. About 4:30 I looked at the Arrival board and it said her flight would land at 5pm......50 minutes early :lol: . At 5pm sure enough the flight had landed so I bought some Roses and prepaired for the wait. At 6pm I decided to go stand by the place where all the passangers come out and about 5 minutes later here come Na :lol: . It took her 1 hour to clear everything. They took her paperwork and told her Welcome to the USA. That was it. We went to the ticket counter at the gate and they told that they would do what they could about the seats. Finally at 9:30 they called me to the counter and gave us seats together :o Then they made announcment that no seats could be changed due to over booking :) . It turns out the lady gave us seats in Buisness class....she said they were the only seats she could move, I thanked her and we flew to Atlanta.

On Monday she met my parents and that went well. Since then we have gone shopping and had abot the same problems as everyone else when it comes to tipping and paying taxes on goods :blink: <_< . I think she understands.....but still does not like it.

Tuesday we went to get marraige licenes and pay for wedding on SAturday. I also lost my bank card after the court house :ph34r:, so now I have to carry cash until it is replaced :lol: .

I found out that she loves to shop...but hates to spend money :) .

I will post more after wedding on Saturday and a Pictures.

She has come to work with me today and yesterday. Tomorrow I will take off. Today at lunch I took her to Newday2006 house to spend time with Charles's wife.

She is having a good time here......I must be doing something right :lol: .

Robert

Congrats! Robert, Looks like you are ready to start a new chapter in your life. You two make a wonderfull couple. Life is a lot different in America. Glad to hear that everything went well. Soon I will be bringing my wife back. Good Luck <_< :ph34r: :angry:

Michael

My wife just got her first bad lesson on tipping. Two nights ago I took her to a Chinese buffet, it's the only place around here that has close to real chinese cooking. It is a relatively inexpensive place to eat. Our bill came to 26.01, I only had $20. bills so I gave the my wife $40 to hold while I checked for some change, as I was checking the watress came and my wife gave the $40. to her and told the waitress thank you and said some thing to her in Chinese and the girl left with the money. I asked what did you say to the waitress. My wife said she told the girl the food was good and that we leave now. I asked her if she knew she just give the waitress a $14 tip for a 26 dollar meal?

My wife said I give her no tip. I told my wife yes when you handed her the money and told her we were leaving, the waitress assumed the remainder was her tip. My wife got furious and said I go get money back. I told her no you can not give a waitress tip then try to take it back.

Just as I finished telling her this back came the waitress, my wife said see she bring the money. I said yes she bring something, but not the money. The waitress handed my wife 2 fortune cookies and left, my wife looked at the cookies, looked at the waitress walking away then looked at me. I almost fell over laughing.

I told her enjoy them they just cost you $7. each. I wasn't happy about the loss of the $14, but the look on my wife's face was worth it.

All the way home all she would say is "I sorry very sorry" "I sorry very sorry"

My wife just got her first bad lesson on tipping. Two nights ago I took her to a Chinese buffet, it's the only place around here that has close to real chinese cooking. It is a relatively inexpensive place to eat. Our bill came to 26.01, I only had $20. bills so I gave the my wife $40 to hold while I checked for some change, as I was checking the watress came and my wife gave the $40. to her and told the waitress thank you and said some thing to her in Chinese and the girl left with the money. I asked what did you say to the waitress. My wife said she told the girl the food was good and that we leave now. I asked her if she knew she just give the waitress a $14 tip for a 26 dollar meal?

My wife said I give her no tip. I told my wife yes when you handed her the money and told her we were leaving, the waitress assumed the remainder was her tip. My wife got furious and said I go get money back. I told her no you can not give a waitress tip then try to take it back.

Just as I finished telling her this back came the waitress, my wife said see she bring the money. I said yes she bring something, but not the money. The waitress handed my wife 2 fortune cookies and left, my wife looked at the cookies, looked at the waitress walking away then looked at me. I almost fell over laughing.

I told her enjoy them they just cost you $7. each. I wasn't happy about the loss of the $14, but the look on my wife's face was worth it.

:roller:

LMAO!

These kind of stories make it all worth it, That is very funny :roller:

I took Na to a CHinese restaurant yesterday for lunch and asked if they had a CHinese menu, the waitress said yes and asked if I could read Chinese.....I said no but she could...pointing at Na. Na read the menu and her eye's lite up like a Christmas tree....they had Hunan Chicken! Next to Hunan CHicken on the menu was an astric.....meaning very spicy. She had to have it....Hunan is known for spicy hot food. I told the waitress that she wanted the Hunan Chicken and the waitress said......are you sure....it is very spicy :P . I told the waitress that she was from Hunan Province and that she likes spicy. They talked in Chinese for a few minutes and then wnen the food came Na was soooooooooo happy :roller: . I made good points there :D

I took Na to a CHinese restaurant yesterday for lunch and asked if they had a CHinese menu, the waitress said yes and asked if I could read Chinese.....I said no but she could...pointing at Na. Na read the menu and her eye's lite up like a Christmas tree....they had Hunan Chicken! Next to Hunan CHicken on the menu was an astric.....meaning very spicy. She had to have it....Hunan is known for spicy hot food. I told the waitress that she wanted the Hunan Chicken and the waitress said......are you sure....it is very spicy :P . I told the waitress that she was from Hunan Province and that she likes spicy. They talked in Chinese for a few minutes and then wnen the food came Na was soooooooooo happy :roller: . I made good points there :D

Damn Sam,, Robert is doing everything right!!!!! Just kidding you man,, it is all a learning experience to us all. :P

I took Na to a CHinese restaurant yesterday for lunch and asked if they had a CHinese menu, the waitress said yes and asked if I could read Chinese.....I said no but she could...pointing at Na. Na read the menu and her eye's lite up like a Christmas tree....they had Hunan Chicken! Next to Hunan CHicken on the menu was an astric.....meaning very spicy. She had to have it....Hunan is known for spicy hot food. I told the waitress that she wanted the Hunan Chicken and the waitress said......are you sure....it is very spicy :P . I told the waitress that she was from Hunan Province and that she likes spicy. They talked in Chinese for a few minutes and then wnen the food came Na was soooooooooo happy :blink: . I made good points there :D

Obviously she needs some spice in her life. :blink: