The Economy

Danny999

How has the economy affected you? For the first time in 15 years I'm actually worried. Two years ago we employed as many as 150 carpenters. Now we're down to about 20 and may have to lay off some guys that have been here more than 10 years. I myself may be swinging a hammer again soon and I'm #2 in the company.

It makes me wonder about the practicality of having a relationship with a girl in China. Not that there's ever been a practical bone in my body when it comes to women haha. Right now I'm in the conserve mode as to try and make it through the tough times that may be coming. Now I'm ok financially, but what about a year from now.

Our company has been a machine. We never had to call anyone for work. Our phones never stopped ringing. I've had a river of paperwork coming across my desk foe 15 years now. Now I sit here and type to CFL.

Your thoughts Ladies & Gentlemen?

Edited by Danny999 (see edit history)

How has the economy affected you? For the first time in 15 years I'm actually worried. Two years ago we employed as many as 150 carpenters. Now we're down to about 20 and may have to lay off some guys that have been here more than 10 years. I myself may be swinging a hammer again soon and I'm #2 in the company.

It makes me wonder about the practicality of having a relationship with a girl in China. Not that there's ever been a practical bone in my body when it comes to women haha. Right now I'm in the conserve mode as to try and make it through the tough times that may be coming. Now I'm ok financially, but what about a year from now.

Our company has been a machine. We never had to call anyone for work. Our phones never stopped ringing. I've had a river of paperwork coming across my desk foe 15 years now. Now I sit here and type to CFL.

Your thoughts Ladies & Gentlemen?

It is the same here in our area Danny. The housing industry is really hurting. New houses are at a stand still, we havent built a new house in almost 2 years, we fell back and only have been doing home improvement work. Most of these jobs have only been small jobs at that. Spring time is usally when our work picks back up, but now our phones are also idle. These affects many people who are in this line of work and as of now does not look very promising no time soon. Yes it does make you look at things very differently, we promised each other that good times or bad times we would always be together and if my fiancee was here she would very well see what bad times are all about. I quess at this time we just hope for the best and that our bussiness will turn back around. Good Luck to you with your bussiness and your women !!!! TK

I'm in automotive.

Nothing is ever certain. I would say, get used to it. Save more. Buy American.

As for your girl, well. Love and money are interchangeable. If you have enough of one, you don't need so much of the other. Get more love, worry less about money.

I'm in Automotive too and long for the days when we were busy. Some days I just stand around doing nothing. As a technician, I do not get paid if I am not working on a car and people just do not have money to fix them now.

I'm in automotive.

Nothing is ever certain. I would say, get used to it. Save more. Buy American.

As for your girl, well. Love and money are interchangeable. If you have enough of one, you don't need so much of the other. Get more love, worry less about money.

I'm in Automotive too and long for the days when we were busy. Some days I just stand around doing nothing. As a technician, I do not get paid if I am not working on a car and people just do not have money to fix them now.

Being in the IT industry, I call on Doctor's offices to heal their puters and I hear the same thing about their patients....people who have been layed off have no insurance to fix themselves anymore... :rolleyes:

but on the brighter side of things... I do see the economy picking up here in the south or people are spending money now in hopes that when it does get busy again they will be ready. :horsehit:

I'm in IT,used to be I would turn away overtime it was so much, not the case anymore. they have centralized much of our work to the Midwest.

Sometimes we aren't very busy. I've been with my company 20 years this year....Worries the heck out of a soon to be 52 y/o. I'm praying for 10 more years, but who knows, everybody is downsizing... how many companies looking for a man my age? I hope things get better, at least it seems it has stopped going down hill... It would be nice if we started to climb again.

Toyota having thier problems doesn't hurt.. We need to buy American and we need toget stronger. How? who knows. It's a shame how our leaders and lawmakers aren't on the same page, working for the best interest of the American people that it and not bi partisian interest.... I know, I'm a dreamer. :unsure:

I'm in IT,used to be I would turn away overtime it was so much, not the case anymore. they have centralized much of our work to the Midwest.

Sometimes we aren't very busy. I've been with my company 20 years this year....Worries the heck out of a soon to be 52 y/o. I'm praying for 10 more years, but who knows, everybody is downsizing... how many companies looking for a man my age? I hope things get better, at least it seems it has stopped going down hill... It would be nice if we started to climb again.

Toyota having thier problems doesn't hurt.. We need to buy American and we need toget stronger. How? who knows. It's a shame how our leaders and lawmakers aren't on the same page, working for the best interest of the American people that it and not bi partisian interest.... I know, I'm a dreamer. :unsure:

Don't you worry Cuzin Charles....you come on down here and we'll find you some work! :P

A man with you caliber and a Chinese wife to back you up¡­heck you should be able to go off on your own and make a good living too!

Heck, come on down here and we can take over the world together!!!!! :lol: