Windows 7

Nuworld, I am running Vista 32 right now so there is no point in having more than 4gig mem. I have 2 more gig that matches what I am using for when I upgrade to Vista home 64 :D . I may have you beat on the PS but I can tell yo this.....I notice it everytime I look at my electric bill :rotfl:

Robert

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuworld, I am running Vista 32 right now so there is no point in having more than 4gig mem. I have 2 more gig that matches what I am using for when I upgrade to Vista home 64 :D . I may have you beat on the PS but I can tell yo this.....I notice it everytime I look at my electric bill :rotfl:

Robert

Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go? :D

Nuworld, I am running Vista 32 right now so there is no point in having more than 4gig mem. I have 2 more gig that matches what I am using for when I upgrade to Vista home 64 :D . I may have you beat on the PS but I can tell yo this.....I notice it everytime I look at my electric bill :blink:

Robert

Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go? :D

Amen brother :P

get a MAC

I think not!!

My dad has a MAC top of the line G4 <_< and is nowhere the speed or performance of my system.

This is what you get when you buy a store bought system.

You get what THEY!! want you to have not what you want.

My system above and 3timescharm's system would eat a MAC for lunch any day of the week.

Besides, my system is one of a kind and can not be bought in one of those big box stores.

The G4 is an excellent chip, but it hasn't been top of the line in nearly seven years. ;)

get a MAC

I think not!!

My dad has a MAC top of the line G4 ;) and is nowhere the speed or performance of my system.

This is what you get when you buy a store bought system.

You get what THEY!! want you to have not what you want.

My system above and 3timescharm's system would eat a MAC for lunch any day of the week.

Besides, my system is one of a kind and can not be bought in one of those big box stores.

The G4 is an excellent chip, but it hasn't been top of the line in nearly seven years. ;)

Yea! That is why there is Intel inside the mac now days. :o

• 8 months later...

I purchased Windows 7 Ultimate on eBay for $152 from a guy with a perfect score.

It turned out to be a developers version - good for 90 days. eBay's fraud report stops at 45 days.

Two days after I purchased Windows 7 the seller was put on investigative hold, and a few days later he was shut off eBay for good.

Of course mine worked find when I installed it and it said nothing of being a developers version or the 90 day limit.

Now at 90 days I'm getting the "This copy of Windows is not genuine" message on a black screen.

So I'm out of $152 with a guy with a perfect rating. Appears as if he was working up to a large sale at the end and skip town (eBay).

I reported to eBay and PayPal, but over the 45 days - so nothing done, case closed.

So those with good ratings are not always so "good".

Ron

=================

Yes, just watch for Windows 7 Home Premium Key only on eBay. Like I said, they come and go. You can also get a feel for the eBay rating of the seller. If it is a first time seller, I generally stay away. If it someone who sells on eBay frequently and has a rating I feel more comfortable.

I purchased Windows 7 Ultimate on eBay for $152 from a guy with a perfect score.

It turned out to be a developers version - good for 90 days. eBay's fraud report stops at 45 days.

Two days after I purchased Windows 7 the seller was put on investigative hold, and a few days later he was shut off eBay for good.

Of course mine worked find when I installed it and it said nothing of being a developers version or the 90 day limit.

Now at 90 days I'm getting the "This copy of Windows is not genuine" message on a black screen.

So I'm out of $152 with a guy with a perfect rating. Appears as if he was working up to a large sale at the end and skip town (eBay).

I reported to eBay and PayPal, but over the 45 days - so nothing done, case closed.

So those with good ratings are not always so "good".

Ron

=================

Yes, just watch for Windows 7 Home Premium Key only on eBay. Like I said, they come and go. You can also get a feel for the eBay rating of the seller. If it is a first time seller, I generally stay away. If it someone who sells on eBay frequently and has a rating I feel more comfortable.

Learned long ago never to buy an OS on e-bay, most times e-Bay shuts down the auction before a sale happens because virtually all copies of windows sold there are NOT legit.