Windows 7

Since I build my own computers I always buy the OEM version.

Robert, I used to do this when I was with my Ex. she has an CPA Accounting business and I built everything from the Lan, Servers, Disk Arrays and workstations for her, but I find it is best to buy a machine, because unless you can get really good prices on the parts, you always pay more for the individual parts that buying a machine.

When I was buying a lot of computers and parts in the Norcross area, I went to Ginstar. there is one on Jimmy carter across from the Varsity and I think there is one in Marrietta also. Ginstar... They speak chinese if your wives want to be involved. www.ginstar.com

Still Frys is good and so is MicroCenter. But always look at ginstar to get the best price on computers and parts.

I buy almost everything I use to build computers from zipzzomfly.com. Yes it is cheaper to buy a built unit...but......I like to choose what I put in my system :D . The last one I built..my home computer....cost 6k to build....but man is it fast :D

zipzoomfly.com

That's were I got the Windows 7 OEM disk. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert, I used to do this when I was with my Ex. she has an CPA Accounting business and I built everything from the Lan, Servers, Disk Arrays and workstations for her, but I find it is best to buy a machine, because unless you can get really good prices on the parts, you always pay more for the individual parts that buying a machine.

When I was buying a lot of computers and parts in the Norcross area, I went to Ginstar. there is one on Jimmy carter across from the Varsity and I think there is one in Marrietta also. Ginstar... They speak chinese if your wives want to be involved. www.ginstar.com

Still Frys is good and so is MicroCenter. But always look at ginstar to get the best price on computers and parts.

I buy almost everything I use to build computers from zipzzomfly.com. Yes it is cheaper to buy a built unit...but......I like to choose what I put in my system :D . The last one I built..my home computer....cost 6k to build....but man is it fast :D

Makes sense. Are you a gamer?

I buy almost everything I use to build computers from zipzzomfly.com. Yes it is cheaper to buy a built unit...but......I like to choose what I put in my system :D . The last one I built..my home computer....cost 6k to build....but man is it fast ;)

I used to be :D . Now it is just a very fast chat machine :D . I d play every now and them....but I also do some digital video editing.

I used to be :D . Now it is just a very fast chat machine :D . I d play every now and them....but I also do some digital video editing.

a fast machine is great for video editing and doing other things at the same time.

I'm a gamer, but I use Playstation 2 to play Madden online. I don't play as much anymore but I still like it a lot... I don't use the machine for anything else.

My vista has finally bit the dust. I see there are a couple of the full versions available. One is the GFC-00564 and the other is GFC-00019. I have found that the GFC-00564 is the cheapest by far of the full versions. I do not want the upgrade as my vista is corrupt and I will have trouble upgrading.

Will the GFC-00564 allow me to completely dump vista and format the hard drive to start over with Windows 7? I have already backed up my hard drive.

EDIT: I am looking to buy the home premium version..

The full version of Windows 7 normally will allow you to have your full choice of upgrade, install a new version on existing partition or format your hard drive and start over. I just upgraded both of my computers to Windows 7 Ultimate. In the past you use to have to buy upgrade to do the 1st option as full would not allow you to upgrade. Either way you are looking for the Full Version.

Yep, gotta have the full version. I have read reports of many problems people have been having trying to upgrade Vista to 7. As bad as my Vista is, it is certain that I will have trouble. :D

Since I build my own computers I always buy the OEM version. How often do you ever have to call Microsoft???? you can find most answers to your questions somewhere on the internet and it does not cost like calling MS.

I have to agree with this.

Since I build my own computers I always buy the OEM version. How often do you ever have to call Microsoft????

I too have been building my own systems for years.

In fact, I have never bought a computer from any computer outlet before.

It's much cheaper and more cost affective to build you own.

Plus when you build you own system you know what you have and how it works..

Plus i do most of my own programing and coding.

Though I'm still running Vista ultimate 64bit.

I have never had a problem, Not even a burp or fart.

This system is a screamer and is blazing fast.

Here are just a few shots of the system I'm running now.

gallery_2511_362_59063.jpg

gallery_2511_362_77056.jpg

gallery_2511_362_268411.jpg

My vista has finally bit the dust. I see there are a couple of the full versions available. One is the GFC-00564 and the other is GFC-00019. I have found that the GFC-00564 is the cheapest by far of the full versions. I do not want the upgrade as my vista is corrupt and I will have trouble upgrading.

Will the GFC-00564 allow me to completely dump vista and format the hard drive to start over with Windows 7? I have already backed up my hard drive.

The full version of Windows 7 normally will allow you to have your full choice of upgrade, install a new version on existing partition or format your hard drive and start over. I just upgraded both of my computers to Windows 7 Ultimate. In the past you use to have to buy upgrade to do the 1st option as full would not allow you to upgrade. Either way you are looking for the Full Version.

Yep, gotta have the full version. I have read reports of many problems people have been having trying to upgrade Vista to 7. As bad as my Vista is, it is certain that I will have trouble. :D

Since I build my own computers I always buy the OEM version. How often do you ever have to call Microsoft???? you can find most answers to your questions somewhere on the internet and it does not cost like calling MS.

Since I build my own computers I always buy the OEM version. How often do you ever have to call Microsoft????

Nice water cooling, What processor are you using? I hate Intel, I use AMD. I am running a dual core 6000 at 3.4ghz. Yes it is watercooled.

I will be switching to Windows 7 probably next month and will be getting the OEM.

Nice water cooling, What processor are you using? I hate Intel, I use AMD. I am running a dual core 6000 at 3.4ghz. Yes it is watercooled.

I will be switching to Windows 7 probably next month and will be getting the OEM.

I'm still debating about going with windows 7.

the only reason is this system has been very good to me.

The way i see it, Why fix it if it's not broken.

Here is my computer info:

CASE NZXT|LEXA BLACKLINE BK RT

MB ABIT IP35 Pro 775 bios 14

CPU INTEL|C2Q Q6600 2.40G 775

LIQD SWIFTECH|H20-220-APEX-GT RT

VGA EVGA 512-P3-N841-A3 8800GTS 512

2=seagate beracuda HD 250G|ST 7K 16M SATA2

Running Raid-0

PSU ABS|BZ700 700W RTL

MEM 2Gx4|GSK F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ R

CASE MOD|COLD CATHODE KIT CLK15BL

5LED LAZER LIGHT |LOGISYS MDLED5RGB

CASE LIGHT LOGISYS|CLK12UV2 OEM

Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit

BTW: I get all my hardware from Newegg.

As of write this post i have two on order and will be here on Monday.

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

Yep, gotta have the full version. I have read reports of many problems people have been having trying to upgrade Vista to 7. As bad as my Vista is, it is certain that I will have trouble. :blink:

Running Raid-0

PSU ABS|BZ700 700W RTL

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Nice system. here is mine

Thermaltak Armor case

PSU Enermax Galaxy 1000w

MB ASUS Crosshair

CPU AMD x2 6000 at 3.4ghz

MEM OCZ EPP 4.4.4.t1.15 4gig

HD 4 WD 74gig Raptors in Raid 0, 1 SATA2 MAxtor 500 gig

Plextor SATA dvd

SBFX Extrem audio

Original Video cards....2 BFG OC 8800GTX 768mb in SLI...both have since burnt up :redmad:

now.....2 BFG GTS 250 oc 1gig DDR3 each. actually faster :P

Klipsh sound system :blink:

27" gateway monitor

Yep, gotta have the full version. I have read reports of many problems people have been having trying to upgrade Vista to 7. As bad as my Vista is, it is certain that I will have trouble. :guitar:

Running Raid-0

PSU ABS|BZ700 700W RTL

Thermaltak Armor case

PSU Enermax Galaxy 1000w

MB ASUS Crosshair

Plextor SATA dvd

SBFX Extrem audio

Original Video cards....2 BFG OC 8800GTX 768mb in SLI...both have since burnt up :blink:

Klipsh sound system :D

27" gateway monitor

get a MAC

Yep, gotta have the full version. I have read reports of many problems people have been having trying to upgrade Vista to 7. As bad as my Vista is, it is certain that I will have trouble. :blink:

Running Raid-0

PSU ABS|BZ700 700W RTL

Thermaltak Armor case

PSU Enermax Galaxy 1000w

MB ASUS Crosshair

Plextor SATA dvd

SBFX Extrem audio

Original Video cards....2 BFG OC 8800GTX 768mb in SLI...both have since burnt up :blink:

27" gateway monitor

get a MAC

I think not!!

My dad has a MAC top of the line G4 ;) and is nowhere the speed or performance of my system.

This is what you get when you buy a store bought system.

You get what THEY!! want you to have not what you want.

My system above and 3timescharm's system would eat a MAC for lunch any day of the week.

Besides, my system is one of a kind and can not be bought in one of those big box stores.

I know there's a vibrator in there somewhere... :lol:

so...what happens when you get a leak? :P

Not sure about the Vibrator...but if there is a leak you better hope it is pointing away from the MB :unsure:

No Leaks!! heat shrink fittings.

As you can see from the date on the photos, No leaks as of this day.

This system runs 24/7/365

Though it is time for some spring cleaning and a fluid change.

me new HD's will be here Monday.

So it looks like next weekend will be a full cleaning of the system.

This is the 5th system i have built and everyone of the others are still rocken and rolling.

Yep, gotta have the full version. I have read reports of many problems people have been having trying to upgrade Vista to 7. As bad as my Vista is, it is certain that I will have trouble. :unsure:

Running Raid-0

PSU ABS|BZ700 700W RTL

Thermaltak Armor case

PSU Enermax Galaxy 1000w

MB ASUS Crosshair

Plextor SATA dvd

SBFX Extrem audio

Original Video cards....2 BFG OC 8800GTX 768mb in SLI...both have since burnt up :lol:

27" gateway monitor

Well I think ya got me beat on the PS. :P

I forgot to list mine.

ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ700 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Patent Piperock Modular Power Supply

But i got ya beat on the memory. :P

Looks like ya got a screening system also.

Not to confuse anyone but there are several versions on the Windows 7 out there.

The main one that most IT professionals have been using for the last 6 months in the Windows 7 Professional which is much better from their performance stand point. It is also much better when it comes to networking and tying into a Windows server, especially when working with active directories.

Below are the versions available ¨C Complete, OEM, and Upgrades:

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Upgrade package - 1 PC - DVD - 32/64-bit ¨C English

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Upgrade package - 1 PC - DVD - 32/64-bit

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Upgrade package - 1 PC - DVD - 32/64-bit ¨C English

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Complete package - 1 PC - DVD - 32/64-bit

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - License and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 32-bit ¨C English

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Complete package - 1 PC - DVD - 32/64-bit ¨C English

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Product upgrade license - 1 PC - upgrade from Home Premium - WAU - 32/64-bit

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - License and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 32-bit ¨C English

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - License and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 64-bit ¨C English

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Complete package - 1 PC - DVD - 32/64-bit ¨C English

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - License and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 64-bit - English