Should I write a letter reguarding my Ex-wife?

I don't remember if I asked this before. My ex is from the Philippines, I had zero involvement in her getting her visa to come to the USA. Her mom did everything to sponsor her here and I did not even meet her until she had been here almost a year.

Should I write a letter explaining this or dose it even matter since I had nothing to do with her comming to the USA?

I am thinking maybe I don't need to but it would not hurt for her to have it in her kitchen sink.

Let me know what you think.

Robert

this is the question on GUZ's blue slip regarding ex-spouse:

Explain in detail your realtionship(s) with your ex-spouse(s), explaining how you met; weather you filed an I-130 petition for this spouse; how long you lived together before separating or divorcing( give dates and locations); how many childern you had with this ex-spouse and whom these children currently live with; and why you got divorced.

My SO had her interview in Sep. '09 and she received a blue slip for this very reason. I had already written about my previous marriage in my EOR letter, but they didn't even look at it before or during the interview. So I followed the blue slip instructions, wrote the letter, had it notarized, and sent to my SO the same day.

This letter cost us another 2 months apart, but she eventually received the visa. Hope this helps.

Good luck

Edited by CaixiaRandyR (see edit history)

My SO had her interview in Sep. '09 and she received a blue slip for this very reason. I had already written about my previous marriage in my EOR letter, but they didn't even look at it before or during the interview. So I followed the blue slip instructions, wrote the letter, had it notarized, and sent to my SO the same day.

This letter cost us another 2 months apart, but she eventually received the visa. Hope this helps.

Good luck

I wrote a letter about both of my divorces. One ex even wrote a letter

for me. It was in my kitchen sink and never seen but we had it at the interivew.

Won't hurt to write one up and tuck it away for safe keeping. Just because you write one doesn't mean you have to offer it to them.

Good luck

when was the EOR submitted? With the original petition or you mean brought to the interview?

I would say, in general, an EOR is best done with the petition. Bringing one to the interview seems a good idea but rarely is useful. Historically speaking, it's rarely accepted or read; they issue a blue to spell out what they want since the letter may not have what they want to know.