Mass shooting at Fort Hood

b.c

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems odd to me that people are so willing to jump on the band wagon about Americans shooting more Americans blaming our culture and freedom to bear arms, but, will run the other way and bury their head in the sand at an obvious terror attack.

This prick was in contact with a radical leader and blurted out the same thing as the terrorists did just before slaming the planes into the trade center. Whether he was alone or part of a conspiracy does not matter. His action was one of terror, nothing less, and should be looked at as an act of war.

If you are anyting first and American second, you don't belong in the US military.

Unfortunatly he is a home grown terrorist and a serving officer, apart from murder he should be charged with treason,his trail should be speedy and his execution swift.

What made me so sad about this incident, is that I was stationed at Fort Hood for 5 years, and lived in Harker Heights(suburb of Fort hood, same as Killeen and Copperas Cove). I have actually been deployed though the same center as the shooting occurred.

When soldiers are being deployed the center is a madhouse. All US Army agencies (JAG for wills. Medical, shots, barbers, Supply to issue new equipment, etc, etc.) are there. You are either standing in one line or another, for the better part of a day. Suffice to say, and not making light of the situation, a person armed with a 5.56mm, in close quarters would be akin to "shooting fish in a barrel!"

I'm happy to see that one security person was "on the ball" and flamed him four times. Thank you, 9mm Beretta! If it had been a .45-caliber Colt, he may not have made it! 9mm have no stopping power, and this idiot get to pay the price. Yes Virgina! There is a Santa Claus!

From being in the US Army, stationed at this very same post, with a "clown" psychologist, that found Jihad or whatever, afraid to deploy or whatever...Well suffice to say that you wouldn't want me on your jury! BTW, she also was shot in the encounter http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...or-bravery.html. Which tells me that he had a lot more people he wanted to shoot! He hadn't even started yet!

ROB, you were former SAS or SBS. How would have the soldiers in your country handled a soldier like this? Not flaming meant. I'm interested to see how Britain would have handled a clown like this!

Last report is that the clown (and I won't even respect him as an Army officer), is still critical, but stable. The first thing he did was to call his lawyer! Now this is a defense I HAVE to see! This is better than even O.J.

Any polls/wagers, on how long the jury pool will be out deliberating his fate? I suggest that his fate will be decided in 30 minutes, and the jury will sit out the court for another 2 hours, to make it look good, so that they aren't accused of "railroading" a man!

The one question that I did have was the weapon that was used. I haven't seen anything definite. I personally suspect a M4 carbine, 30 round magazine, with one taped to the side. The bullets at the close of quarters would not normally tumble, but would pass through one humans body and hit others in the same altered path. Hence, the large number of wounded.

Suffice to say, I believe that everyone knows where I stand. The sucking part is that in execution (if we are this lucky), is not a slow deserving death. It is extremely quick!

Edited by Cerberus (see edit history)
Unfortunatly he is a home grown terrorist and a serving officer, apart from murder he should be charged with treason,his trail should be speedy and his execution swift.

What made me so sad about this incident, is that I was stationed at Fort Hood for 5 years, and lived in Harker Heights(suburb of Fort hood, same as Killeen and Copperas Cove). I have actually been deployed though the same center as the shooting occurred.

When soldiers are being deployed the center is a madhouse. All US Army agencies (JAG for wills. Medical, shots, barbers, Supply to issue new equipment, etc, etc.) are there. You are either standing in one line or another, for the better part of a day. Suffice to say, and not making light of the situation, a person armed with a 5.56mm, in close quarters would be akin to "shooting fish in a barrel!"

I'm happy to see that one security person was "on the ball" and flamed him four times. Thank you, 9mm Beretta! If it had been a .45-caliber Colt, he may not have made it! 9mm have no stopping power, and this idiot get to pay the price. Yes Virgina! There is a Santa Claus!

From being in the US Army, stationed at this very same post, with a "clown" psychologist, that found Jihad or whatever, afraid to deploy or whatever...Well suffice to say that you wouldn't want me on your jury! BTW, she also was shot in the encounter http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...or-bravery.html. Which tells me that he had a lot more people he wanted to shoot! He hadn't even started yet!

ROB, you were former SAS or SBS. How would have the soldiers in your country handled a soldier like this? Not flaming meant. I'm interested to see how Britain would have handled a clown like this!

Last report is that the clown (and I won't even respect him as an Army officer), is still critical, but stable. The first thing he did was to call his lawyer! Now this is a defense I HAVE to see! This is better than even O.J.

Any polls/wagers, on how long the jury pool will be out deliberating his fate? I suggest that his fate will be decided in 30 minutes, and the jury will sit out the court for another 2 hours, to make it look good, so that they aren't accused of "railroading" a man!

The one question that I did have was the weapon that was used. I haven't seen anything definite. I personally suspect a M4 carbine, 30 round magazine, with one taped to the side. The bullets at the close of quarters would not normally tumble, but would pass through one humans body and hit others in the same altered path. Hence, the large number of wounded.

Suffice to say, I believe that everyone knows where I stand. The sucking part is that in execution (if we are this lucky), is not a slow deserving death. It is extremely quick!

Well I cant talk for all UK Army bases, but if it had happened in Hereford know one would ever know, if in Aldershot they would still be looking for his body parts.

I only remember one traitor a Para SGT who with a few ex- US marines signed up with the IRA, they caused a lot of trouble for a while, they where hunted down and justice served in a field in the south as soldiers.

As ex military to me the very worse thing is a soldier who is a traitor, I only survived my time due to being able to trust the man next to me and that trust is earned not given freely.

I'm bemused this guy was a Senior officer in the US Army with so much documented stuff about him, either the US army is inept in its security or its officer corps is reluctant to discipline its own, or maybe both.

As for how this mans trial and punishment will go, who knows, but the emperors of china past had some good ways of dealing with traitors.

I use the word traitor not lightly that is was he is.

Hi,

Below is an excerpt from a CNN article about the weapons used:

Two law enforcement sources told CNN that one of the weapons used is an FN 5.7-millimeter pistol, a semiautomatic purchased legally at Guns Galore, a Killeen gun shop. Details on the other gun, identified only as a type of revolver, were not immediately available.

You can read the entire article here: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/06/texas....ings/index.html

Here's a link to Wikipedia about the FN 5.7mm pistol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the victims of this horrific attack.

Best Wishes

I hope/think he gets court-martialed. There is no reason to try him in the civil system.

I hope/think he gets court-martialed. There is no reason to try him in the civil system.

Lets hope so, but politics its politics, right <_<

BTW whats the punishment for treason/murder for a serving US officer ?

Well I cant talk for all UK Army bases, but if it had happened in Hereford know one would ever know, if in Aldershot they would still be looking for his body parts.

I only remember one traitor a Para SGT who with a few ex- US marines signed up with the IRA, they caused a lot of trouble for a while, they where hunted down and justice served in a field in the south as soldiers.

As ex military to me the very worse thing is a soldier who is a traitor, I only survived my time due to being able to trust the man next to me and that trust is earned not given freely.

I'm bemused this guy was a Senior officer in the US Army with so much documented stuff about him, either the US army is inept in its security or its officer corps is reluctant to discipline its own, or maybe both.

As for how this mans trial and punishment will go, who knows, but the emperors of china past had some good ways of dealing with traitors.

He was an officer in pay and customs and courtesies, but he was not a line officer, meaning he would NEVER be a commander or in charge of troops.

That doesn't make him less of a traitor, of course, but it may explain why the Army was giving him more wiggle room than they would give, say, an Infantry officer.

He was an officer in pay and customs and courtesies, but he was not a line officer, meaning he would NEVER be a commander or in charge of troops.

That doesn't make him less of a traitor, of course, but it may explain why the Army was giving him more wiggle room than they would give, say, an Infantry officer.

All officers can/do have command resposibilities, this traitor had command discisions in the rehab of soldiers and or their deployment to combat . He was a serious weakness/threat to the effectiveness of this base, but allowed to conitinue.

Hi,

Two law enforcement sources told CNN that one of the weapons used is an FN 5.7-millimeter pistol, a semiautomatic purchased legally at Guns Galore, a Killeen gun shop. Details on the other gun, identified only as a type of revolver, were not immediately available.

You can read the entire article here: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/06/texas....ings/index.html

Here's a link to Wikipedia about the FN 5.7mm pistol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the victims of this horrific attack.

Best Wishes

Thanks Arygle for the information, even as horrific as it is.

Purchasing a weapon in Texas is about as easy as ordering a beer. Must be a new gun shop since I was there. I looked at the map, and I know the area, but not that particular shop. Sigh.....I suppose that it doesn't really matter anyway. Any of us could have purchased the same weapon, through Craig's List, private owner, or wherever.

Jesus! 20 rounds to one magazine, and look at the bullets! These rounds (bullets, to CFL civilians, unfamiliar to firearms) are specifically designed to go thorough Kevlar vests and helmets. Now I understand why the rounds went so far, and hit so many people. The normal 5.56mm NATO ball round is designed to tumble after it hits flesh. These rounds are designed to penetrate body armor, and keep going! Ergo; the large number of injuries, who were in the way of the bullets passing though one person's body and striking them after it passed through one body and kept going to a second body!

If this doesn't show premeditation before hand on this act; I don't know what will!

The greatest satisfaction that I can see is a swift court martial, swiftly found guilty, and then sentenced.

This is one time I will pray for the return of Pontius Pilate, to wash his hands of this clown, and have a nice long, slow crucifixion! May I ask permission to be the spear man, that gets to place the spear in his side?

Unfortunately, he is a mass murderer and probably will get life in prison without the possibility of parole (courtesy of Fort Leavenworth and/or a super-max Federal facility), to ponder about his crimes, until he is very old and gray!

I want to hear his lawyer's defense! I do hope that they choose a very dour judge! Justice should be served coldly. The judge has to keep control of his emotions, and tell the defense lawyer(s) to STFU up, sit down, and keep from laughing all at the same time! If on the off-chance he is given a death penalty, I would love to see how many protesters to the Death Penalty provisions show up, to answer for the doctor's crime. What? All 10 to 15 of them? How about if we have 200 to 300 US Army members wander around/mingle with them? Personally, I know when to speak out. I also when to keep my stupid yap shut!

Since this a China/USA forum, let us look at Chinese justice. How fast would this man be convicted, sentenced to death? Crap! At least American's gave him a shot at presenting some ludicrous defensive stance justifying his actions, and he will be still found guilty!

In China, they would have him scoop his own grave out, after trying him in a public court, swiftly finding him guilty (remember Chinese never like being embarrassed publicly and it looks even worse in the international news), and then quietly give him a 7.62 pistol lead injection. Otherwise, you get the rolling "death-mobile." Yes folks! Half of my family are government workers, and this item will keep your nose to the grindstone! It is like Domino's Pizza, without the 30-minute guarantee. This is a true mobile rolling, death machine! The prisons are so cold-blooded, they won't even have a death chamber to make your own final contrition. Check this out as a system of justice from China, and it is very damned real! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_van. You gotta give credit to China! They are efficient and damned effective! What more do I need to explain about the crime rate in China vs US?

However, in China he might get the proverbial 20-year, all PRC Govt, all-expense paid trip to Upper Mongolia, and they don't have a probation program. Guess, what the end is going to be? Gentlemen! Haven't you noticed that there is no smell of marijuana smoke in most areas of China? This crime alone, is almost a sure-fire trip for reeducation of 3 years plus, if they are caught! Hell! China is nailing people for graft and they are putting them to the needle for taking bribes! Where is Barry Madroff in the US?

It is a bit off-topic, however, I will indulge myself. I have been a member of CFL for going on five years. I read almost all posts. Some of the American members have their problems, that come up in the GUZ interview. The entire time I have been here: , I have never! and I mean ever! seen a Chinese woman(s) and/or man(s) criminal history brought up. Most especially when they are subjugated to re-education programs, courtesy of the PRC. Yes! There are scammers! I'm not naive. However, can one CFL member cite me a specific post, that a Chinese man/woman was denied for criminal activity?

Edited by Cerberus (see edit history)

Hi,

Best Wishes

Thanks Arygle for the information, even as horrific as it is.

Purchasing a weapon in Texas is about as easy as ordering a beer. Must be a new gun shop since I was there. I looked at the map, and I know the area, but not that particular shop. Sigh.....I suppose that it doesn't really matter anyway. Any of us could have purchased the same weapon, through Craig's List, private owner, or wherever.

Jesus! 20 rounds to one magazine, and look at the bullets! These rounds (bullets, to CFL civilians, unfamiliar to firearms) are specifically designed to go thorough Kevlar vests and helmets. Now I understand why the rounds went so far, and hit so many people. The normal 5.56mm NATO ball round is designed to tumble after it hits flesh. These rounds are designed to penetrate body armor, and keep going! Ergo; the large number of injuries, who were in the way of the bullets passing though one person's body and striking them after it passed through one body and kept going to a second body!

If this doesn't show premeditation before hand on this act; I don't know what will!

The greatest satisfaction that I can see is a swift court martial, swiftly found guilty, and then sentenced.

This is one time I will pray for the return of Pontius Pilate, to wash his hands of this clown, and have a nice long, slow crucifixion! May I ask permission to be the spear man, that gets to place the spear in his side?

Unfortunately, he is a mass murderer and probably will get life in prison without the possibility of parole (courtesy of Fort Leavenworth and/or a super-max Federal facility), to ponder about his crimes, until he is very old and gray!

I want to hear his lawyer's defense! I do hope that they choose a very dour judge! Justice should be served coldly. The judge has to keep control of his emotions, and tell the defense lawyer(s) to STFU up, sit down, and keep from laughing all at the same time! If on the off-chance he is given a death penalty, I would love to see how many protesters to the Death Penalty provisions show up, to answer for the doctor's crime. What? All 10 to 15 of them? How about if we have 200 to 300 US Army members wander around/mingle with them? Personally, I know when to speak out. I also when to keep my stupid yap shut!

Since this a China/USA forum, let us look at Chinese justice. How fast would this man be convicted, sentenced to death? Crap! At least American's gave him a shot at presenting some ludicrous defensive stance justifying his actions, and he will be still found guilty!

In China, they would have him scoop his own grave out, after trying him in a public court, swiftly finding him guilty (remember Chinese never like being embarrassed publicly and it looks even worse in the international news), and then quietly give him a 7.62 pistol lead injection. Otherwise, you get the rolling "death-mobile." Yes folks! Half of my family are government workers, and this item will keep your nose to the grindstone! It is like Domino's Pizza, without the 30-minute guarantee. This is a true mobile rolling, death machine! The prisons are so cold-blooded, they won't even have a death chamber to make your own final contrition. Check this out as a system of justice from China, and it is very damned real! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_van. You gotta give credit to China! They are efficient and damned effective! What more do I need to explain about the crime rate in China vs US?

However, in China he might get the proverbial 20-year, all PRC Govt, all-expense paid trip to Upper Mongolia, and they don't have a probation program. Guess, what the end is going to be? Gentlemen! Haven't you noticed that there is no smell of marijuana smoke in most areas of China? This crime alone, is almost a sure-fire trip for reeducation of 3 years plus, if they are caught! Hell! China is nailing people for graft and they are putting them to the needle for taking bribes! Where is Barry Madroff in the US?

It is a bit off-topic, however, I will indulge myself. I have been a member of CFL for going on five years. I read almost all posts. Some of the American members have their problems, that come up in the GUZ interview. The entire time I have been here: , I have never! and I mean ever! seen a Chinese woman(s) and/or man(s) criminal history brought up. Most especially when they are subjugated to re-education programs, courtesy of the PRC. Yes! There are scammers! I'm not naive. However, can one CFL member cite me a specific post, that a Chinese man/woman was denied for criminal activity?

You have hit this right on the head. In china there is respect for authority that is drilled in at an early age. As yan son is to attend school here some things are being brought to my attention. At our local school it seems most of the classroom time is used telling the children to be quiet. A local christan school is being reccomended. Yan said in the chinese classrooms the teacher is god. Children are taught in first grade to show respect to this authority and pay attention. Here we have seen clildren being beaten to death and his peers act as if this is a normal thing to do. In china they throw themselvs out 10 story buildings if the grades are not good enough.It is many years that I have been in schools. From what I hear it is almost a zoo like atmosphere in many classes. A teacher cannot do anything to a student and they know it.

Update:

...here¡¯s what we¡¯ve got so far, according to eyewitnesses, colleagues, and friends. He considered the war on terror a ¡°war on Islam¡± and himself a Muslim first and an American second; he thought Muslims had the right to stand up to the ¡°aggressor¡± in the Middle East and is suspected of posting things online about the selfless heroism of jihadist suicide bombers; he was placed on probation for proselytizing about Islam to patients and colleagues and was sufficiently devout that he refused to have his picture taken with women; he once used a lecture at a medical conference as an opportunity to discuss how the Koran orders decapitation for infidels; and, oh yes, he yelled ¡°Allahu Akbar¡± before opening fire.

SSHHHH !!!!!! speak softly......i have already been deleted for calling this man what he is......yup freedom of speech alive and well in America.

jimi

Lets hope so, but politics its politics, right :greenblob:

BTW whats the punishment for treason/murder for a serving US officer ?

Not sure, but I think it would be death or a lifetime of (truly) hard labor.

I usually prefer death sentences for people who prove clearly they have rejected society completely through their heinous behavior...but in the military system, life imprisonment with hard labor truly is no joke.

All officers can/do have command resposibilities, this traitor had command discisions in the rehab of soldiers and or their deployment to combat . He was a serious weakness/threat to the effectiveness of this base, but allowed to conitinue.

Either way, I agree that he should have been removed from the officer corps LONG before his deployment orders came up, just based on the horrible, heinous things he had said and done earlier.

• 1 month later...