Mass shooting at Fort Hood

b.c

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be way wrong on this, so take it with a grain of salt, but:

1) there have been several terror plots busted in the US recently

2) With the exception of Columbine, most mass shootings are the acts of loners. It is unlikely to have 2 people equally disgrunted enough at the same time to start shooting/killing.

I think this is terrorist related, despite the FBI's initial statement that it isn't.

May God's Peace be on all those involved.

This is very horrible. Fellow people killed fellow people? Or, the killers are spies sneeking into the army?

What a tragedy this is! I hate waking up to news like this. . .

I pray that God will comfort all families involved in this unfortunate event. Thank you for posting that link and letting those of us in China know about this. I believe the above link has been updated since it's initial posting.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

2) With the exception of Columbine, most mass shootings are the acts of loners. It is unlikely to have 2 people equally disgrunted enough at the same time to start shooting/killing.

I think this is terrorist related, despite the FBI's initial statement that it isn't.

I agree....with the current administration,i wonder if we'll be told the truth.......one thing...one of the shooters name isnt your average English American name if you know what i mean.

I agree....with the current administration,i wonder if we'll be told the truth.......one thing...one of the shooters name isnt your average English American name if you know what i mean.

Please no criticizing of our leaders or else the post will be deleted.

I'm not sure what you mean by his name isn't your average English American name. I'm assuming you're referring to his Muslin heritage. I feel somewhat nervous when people making such comments as I feel it promotes fear among the entire ethnic group - the Japanese perception after Pearl Harbor comes to mind.

Personally, I feel bad not only for the soldiers and their families who are stationed at Fort Hood, who have been affected by this tragedy, but my heart also goes out to the shooter's family. For me, by reading various news posts, they seem genuinely surprised and shocked by the actions of Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

Don't get me wrong, this guy is a bad guy. He did a horribly bad thing, and yes, he has a Muslim name. However, I'm uncertain how his "non-average English American" name has anything to do with this situation.

Don't get me wrong Jimi, I'm not criticizing you, nor am I trying to change your views. You're entitled to what you want to believe. It is also possible that I have misunderstood what you wrote, and if I have, then I apologize.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

I'm not sure what you mean by his name isn't your average English American name. I'm assuming you're referring to his Muslin heritage. I feel somewhat nervous when people making such comments as I feel it promotes fear among the entire ethnic group - the Japanese perception after Pearl Harbor comes to mind.

Personally, I feel bad not only for the soldiers and their families who are stationed at Fort Hood, who have been affected by this tragedy, but my heart also goes out to the shooter's family. For me, by reading various news posts, they seem genuinely surprised and shocked by the actions of Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

Don't get me wrong, this guy is a bad guy. He did a bad thing, and yes, he has a Muslim name. However, using general statements like that in support to your statement, makes me wonder a bit.

Don't get me wrong Jimi, I'm not criticizing you, nor am I trying to change your views. You're entitled to what you want to believe. It is also possible that I have misunderstood what you wrote, and if I have, then I apologize.

My daughter lives in Killeen right outside Ft Hood.

The shooter:

Soldiers who witnessed the shooting rampage at Fort Hood that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" before opening fire, the base commander said Friday.

At least six months ago, Hasan came to the attention of law enforcement officials because of Internet postings about suicide bombings and other threats, including posts that equated suicide bombers to soldiers who throw themselves on a grenade to save the lives of their comrades.

Exactly what the shooter wrote:

"There was a grenade thrown amongs a group of American soldiers. One of the soldiers, feeling that it was to late for everyone to flee jumped on the grave with the intention of saving his comrades. Indeed he saved them. He inentionally took his life (suicide) for a noble cause i.e. saving the lives of his soldier. To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause. Scholars have paralled this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers. If one suicide bomber can kill 100 enemy soldiers because they were caught off guard that would be considered a strategic victory. Their intention is not to die because of some despair. The same can be said for the Kamikazees in Japan. They died (via crashing their planes into ships) to kill the enemies for the homeland. You can call them crazy i you want but their act was not one of suicide that is despised by Islam. So the scholars main point is that ¡°IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOUR INTENTION IS THE MAIN ISSUE¡± and Allah (SWT) knows best."

He was also very devout:

A source tells NPR¡¯s Joseph Shapiro that Hasan was put on probation early in his postgraduate work at the Uniformed Service University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md. He was disciplined for proselytizing about his Muslim faith with patients and colleagues, according to the source, who worked with him at the time.

Putting this into context:

In this year alone, aside from the recent mass murdering at Ft. Hood, there have been four more terrorist plots uncovered. Colorado resident Najibullah Zazi was recently indicted for conspiring to use explosives in the U.S., apparently as part of a plot to let off a bomb in New York on the anniversary of 9/11. In addition, North Carolina residents Daniel Patrick Boyd and Hysen Sherifi were arrested and charged with conspiring to murder U.S. military personnel at Quantico, Virginia. In Texas, Hosam Maher Husein Smadi¡ªa 19-year-old Jordanian citizen who was in the U.S. illegally¡ªwas arrested and charged after he placed a would-be bomb near Fountain Place, a 60-story office tower in downtown Dallas.

Most recently in Boston, a Massachusetts man was arrested in connection with terrorist plots that included attacks on U.S. shopping malls and on two White House officials. Tarek Mehanna, 27, of Sudbury, Mass, was charged with plotting with other terrorists from 2001 to May 2008 to carry out overseas and domestic terrorist attacks¡ª including killing shoppers and first responders at malls.

We are still at war, folks.

Of course, plenty of bad things happen that aren't connected to Islamic Jihad. But this really seems to be an attempt to hurt "the Great Satan."