Mass shooting at Fort Hood

b.c

Guest Tony n Terrific

The shooter:

Soldiers who witnessed the shooting rampage at Fort Hood that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" before opening fire, the base commander said Friday.

At least six months ago, Hasan came to the attention of law enforcement officials because of Internet postings about suicide bombings and other threats, including posts that equated suicide bombers to soldiers who throw themselves on a grenade to save the lives of their comrades.

Exactly what the shooter wrote:

"There was a grenade thrown amongs a group of American soldiers. One of the soldiers, feeling that it was to late for everyone to flee jumped on the grave with the intention of saving his comrades. Indeed he saved them. He inentionally took his life (suicide) for a noble cause i.e. saving the lives of his soldier. To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause. Scholars have paralled this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers. If one suicide bomber can kill 100 enemy soldiers because they were caught off guard that would be considered a strategic victory. Their intention is not to die because of some despair. The same can be said for the Kamikazees in Japan. They died (via crashing their planes into ships) to kill the enemies for the homeland. You can call them crazy i you want but their act was not one of suicide that is despised by Islam. So the scholars main point is that “IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOUR INTENTION IS THE MAIN ISSUE” and Allah (SWT) knows best."

He was also very devout:

A source tells NPR’s Joseph Shapiro that Hasan was put on probation early in his postgraduate work at the Uniformed Service University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md. He was disciplined for proselytizing about his Muslim faith with patients and colleagues, according to the source, who worked with him at the time.

Putting this into context:

In this year alone, aside from the recent mass murdering at Ft. Hood, there have been four more terrorist plots uncovered. Colorado resident Najibullah Zazi was recently indicted for conspiring to use explosives in the U.S., apparently as part of a plot to let off a bomb in New York on the anniversary of 9/11. In addition, North Carolina residents Daniel Patrick Boyd and Hysen Sherifi were arrested and charged with conspiring to murder U.S. military personnel at Quantico, Virginia. In Texas, Hosam Maher Husein Smadi—a 19-year-old Jordanian citizen who was in the U.S. illegally—was arrested and charged after he placed a would-be bomb near Fountain Place, a 60-story office tower in downtown Dallas.

Most recently in Boston, a Massachusetts man was arrested in connection with terrorist plots that included attacks on U.S. shopping malls and on two White House officials. Tarek Mehanna, 27, of Sudbury, Mass, was charged with plotting with other terrorists from 2001 to May 2008 to carry out overseas and domestic terrorist attacks— including killing shoppers and first responders at malls.

We are still at war, folks.

Of course, plenty of bad things happen that aren't connected to Islamic Jihad. But this really seems to be an attempt to hurt "the Great Satan."

These fanatics are going to provoke wholesale slaughter on mankind. If they continue their Guerrrila tactics on the West, the world may view all Muslims as enemies and act accordingly.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

letting those of us in China know about this

Kyle, when I was in China visiting my family, I always open www.aol.com to watch news. www.aol.com was accessible in China and it offers the latest news. It also offers unlimited storage space for emails.

There will always be a few home grown terrorists...Oklahoma city bombings come to mind.

"Islamic Jihad" is a problem accross the globe and when you see an Islamic name associated with an act like this the first thing that comes to mind is "F#%@ the bastards have done it again".

All major attacks since 9/11 have been traced back to a Islamic terrorist groups...Madrid, London,Bombay to name a few.

I agree with Kyle, not to judge the entire community because of a few people; but unfortunately that is human nature including mine.

It makes me extremly angry that we have been in Afghanistan/Pakistan for 7 years and the bastards are still roaming around free. :ph34r:

Sorry I know I am rambling

The latest news I have read says the killer has Muslim blood so he has been harassed by his fellow solders. He was a Pakistani born in USA. What caught my attention is that he graduated from Virginia Tech, where a massacre took place on April 16, 2007, the perpetrator, a Korean immigrant named Seung-Hui Cho, killed 32 people and wounded many others before committing suicide.

Jan 22, 2009, Yang Xin, a 22-year-old graduate student from Beijing, was killed by Zhu Haiyang from Ningbo, China on the Virginia Tech campus.The police officer said that when she arrived at the scene she found Zhu holding Yang's head in his hand. Yang Xin was very intelligent a girl, finished her bachelor degree in a little more than 2 years.

Update:
...here¡¯s what we¡¯ve got so far, according to eyewitnesses, colleagues, and friends. He considered the war on terror a ¡°war on Islam¡± and himself a Muslim first and an American second; he thought Muslims had the right to stand up to the ¡°aggressor¡± in the Middle East and is suspected of posting things online about the selfless heroism of jihadist suicide bombers; he was placed on probation for proselytizing about Islam to patients and colleagues and was sufficiently devout that he refused to have his picture taken with women; he once used a lecture at a medical conference as an opportunity to discuss how the Koran orders decapitation for infidels; and, oh yes, he yelled ¡°Allahu Akbar¡± before opening fire.

Update:

...here¡¯s what we¡¯ve got so far, according to eyewitnesses, colleagues, and friends. He considered the war on terror a ¡°war on Islam¡± and himself a Muslim first and an American second; he thought Muslims had the right to stand up to the ¡°aggressor¡± in the Middle East and is suspected of posting things online about the selfless heroism of jihadist suicide bombers; he was placed on probation for proselytizing about Islam to patients and colleagues and was sufficiently devout that he refused to have his picture taken with women; he once used a lecture at a medical conference as an opportunity to discuss how the Koran orders decapitation for infidels; and, oh yes, he yelled ¡°Allahu Akbar¡± before opening fire.

And there you have it.

just off the top of my head , how was a guy with obvious and documented sympathies to lets say "terrorists" a commissioned officer in the US army.

Kinda shows you need to know and trust the guy in trench with you.

A bit more on this:

Fort Hood shooting: senator calls for investigation

A US senator, Joe Lieberman, has called for an investigation into whether the army missed signs that the man accused of opening fire at the Fort Hood military base had embraced an increasingly extremist view of Islamic ideology.

Sen Lieberman's call came as word surfaced that Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan was apparently attended the same mosque as two Sept. 11 hijackers in 2001, at a time when a radical imam preached there.... MORE

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...estigation.html

Fort Hood shooting: FBI to investigate reports gunman said non-Muslims should be beheaded

The FBI will investigate a report that Major Nidal Malik Hasan, the gunman who killed 13 at America's Fort Hood military base, told colleagues that non-Muslims should be beheaded and have boiling oil poured down their throats.

He is also said to have told other doctors at one of America's top military hospitals that non-believers were infidels condemned to hell who should be set on fire.

The comments are said to have come during an hour-long talk Maj Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, gave on the Koran in front of dozens of other doctors at Walter Reed Army Medical Centre in Washington DC, where he worked for six years before arriving at Fort Hood in July. MORE..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...e-beheaded.html

Fort Hood shooting: gunman shouted 'Allahu Akbar' before opening fire

Soldiers who witnessed the shooting rampage that killed 13 people at Fort Hood military base in Texas have reported that gunman Major Nidal Malik Hasan shouted "Allahu Akbar" - God is great - before opening fire.

Gen Cone said Hasan was not known to be a threat or risk. He acknowledged that it was "counter-intuitive" that a single gunman could kill and injure so many people. But he said the massacre occurred in "close quarters." MORE..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...ening-fire.html

This is just plain crazy, this nut-job demonstrated his instability at his former posting at Walter Reed Medical Center, he should have been under investigation, and the General at Fort Hood should have known this. This goes BEYOND Doctor-Patient confidentiality, this becomes a mater of national security.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

After posting the prior post which I wrote, "we knew?", I read one of the comments in the article and it made sense... the guy they arrested in NYC a few weeks ago, the NYC police arrested him too soon and we lost the opportunity to gather intellegence... his contacts probably just burrowed in deeper. Scary days we are living in.

Sorry, the link doesn't work.....

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

Radical muslims overseas are praising the shooter for his actions. They are saying that all muslims in uniform should follow his actions saying it is the will of Allah.

This is really going to make it hard on the service men and women of the Islam faith that are loyal to the United States and are serving with honor. It will be hard for them and they will be closely watched in wake of this incident.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091109/ap_on_...rt_hood_muslims

The man is a nut job. Same as Columbine or Virginia tech. If he weren't a Muslim no one would even be speculating that he's a terrorist.

Sir, I respectfully disagree.

Before I even learned of his race or religious views, I thought that this was either a home grown terrorist, like Timothy Mc(let's not do this turd the honor of remembering his name), or an islamic assault.

We are after all at war in two muslim countries. They're going to try to attack us.

Using common sense, and caution doesn't make us racist or paranoid. Our ememies, al queda and taliban, are muslim.

We would be criminally negligent if we didn't consider the potential threat that a radicalized muslim poses.

And according to CNN, we knew for some time that the shooter had been trying to contact terrorist groups. Check out the link below:

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2009/11/...t-of-terrorism/

Jack Cafferty quotes an ABC News report. A portion of that blog follows:

Witnesses say at the time of the shootings Hasan shouted "Allahu Akbar" - Arabic for "God is great" - something terrorists have used as a battle cry.

Then there's this: Hasan apparently attended the same Virginia mosque as two of the 9/11 hijackers in 2001 - at a time when a radical spiritual leader preached there.

And, ABC News reports U.S. intelligence agencies knew for months that Hasan was trying to contact people associated with al Qaeda.

Finally, former classmates complained repeatedly about what they saw as Hasan's anti-American views. One says Hasan gave a presentation that justified suicide bombing and talked about how Islamic law trumped the U.S. Constitution.

I know as a military man of 27 years, the value of respecting a person as a human, and not making judgements based on race or ethnicity.

And I know as the father of a mixed race son, that love cares not about skin color.

I am not a racist, nor am I paranoid. I'm just a practical old soldier sir.

Common sense tells me that when we're at war, it's logical to assume that our enemies will attack us, whenever, wherever, and however they can.

That was my assumption when I first heard the terrible news about Fort Hood, and it still is now that I know a little more about it.

I am so thankful for the selfless men and women in our armed forces, and law enforcement communities who work 24/7 protecting us from those who want to kill us. And, I am proud to be one of them.

Best Wishes -- from a deployed location, overseas.