Ok help me pick a time to go to China.

GO for her interview.!!!!! My wife was denied first time (i wasnt there for her interview)......she got denied and i was not there to comfort her....theres no evidence it makes a difference......i went for my wifes second interview.....my gut feeling says it does make a difference being there.Second time she passed,second time a very simple interview 3 questions asked,i went to both ACH and the american services thing ,got my letter of relationship notarized there,i think also my wife had the same VO that i had at ACH.I think it makes plenty sense to be there for her interview if you can.And of course there are plenty of people who did not go for their girls interview and passed.But my advice would be to go for the interview,if all possible.

Jimi

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fiancee did not want me going back for her interview because she was very busy with work at that time and could not spend any time off with me. She just took 1 day off work to flying to Guanzhou for the interview and flew back to Shanghai that night and went back to work next day. She passed the interview with flying colors on the 1st try. :)

I went back to china couple weeks after she passed her interview when she was able to table a week off work and spent some quality time with her. :ph34r:

I faced the same dilemma. I listened to her when she said she would be strong enough to handle the stress of the interview and no doubt, she is very strong. And my brother has passed away tragically just before the interview was to occur.

But I regret not going when she got the blue. I should have been there for her.

I sent her money for the train (soft seat, luxury) roundtrip. When she got the blue she paid for a plane back on her own dime because she had to get a receipt for the English class she had taken immediately. And then she was so upset for disappointing me that she did not make a copy of the receipt and of course, GJ claimed they didn't get it. What a mess to straighten out.....

If I had been there I could have prevented a lot of the mistakes aside from just showing some support.

My lesson: Never underestimate the sensitivity of a Chinese woman.

Go to the interview....It will pay dividends later. Good luck.

One of the things I did with Fen (and her family) was to mentally prepare her for Blue or White.

I explained to her that it is just a matter of time before she gets her visa. It could be now or 6 months from now. No matter what we will be togather.

It helped her relax for the interview.

Maybe I will work some extra shifts and try to go both times..... :rolleyes:

But I am leaning to go for the interview. Good news is parents are working on filing the past years taxes now so the Income issues should eb a non-Issue...:)

Robert,

Be there for the interview, and stay as long as you can, i.e. for CNY if you can, this will be important for the both of you and her family. You may have to lead her in this direction, and I think she'll understand, it's a small compromise for an important life changing event.

Make the suggestion and ask her if she agrees?

That's my opinion.

I will talk her into me being there for the interview. She is just feeling sad and wanted me there soon as I could be. it is very nice to feel wanted.....Lol but at the same time maybe it will make a differance to the VO if they see a happy confident woman come in for the interview and have her hand them 2 passports instead of one....:angry:

Robert

Pure Logic...

You go to interview and she gets PINK...you are both happy and can celebrate!

You go to interview and she gets blue...you are there to see exactly what the problem is and get it corrected ASAP and you get to be supportive in person.

You do not go to the interview and she gets PINK...you don't get to celebrate together

You do not go to the interview and she gets blue...all you have are words to help her and support her. You have to wait until she can fax/email the blue skip to see what the problem is. She is stressed. You are stressed.

OK...this is easy to figure out...

The answer is...Go to the interview! Go anytime else you can but be there for the interview!