Ok help me pick a time to go to China.

Ok I was gonna go to China December 29th-January 20th. However I am thinking I may delay a little if there is a good chance her Interview in in January or Febuary. I dont want to go to much longer with out seeing her.

Dose it make a Differance if I am at the interview? I know it will make her feel better. But she is wanting me to return asap and dose not want me to delay coming to see her by 2 months just to go to the interview.

Will the VO care if I am there. I mean after all if they know what they are going to do prior to the interview will me being out in the lobby matter?

Dont get me wrong I would love to be there for the interview.... I also would just Love to be there as soon as possable also if you know what I mean.

Or am I jumping the gun and maybe I should expect her interview all the way in May like my original thinking was. In that case I could go both times.

This is where I know I can depend on you guys to help guide me to the best choice.

Robert

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a K 1 and I did not go to the interview. She was denied because they said it was not a bonafide relationship. Now last February 11, 2009 we got married in China. I did a CR 1. Just waiting for the interview. Everything was done and sent to Guangzhou on September 30.2009. Then I do have a friend that did a K 1 and he was not there. She now is in America. I like to think just sitting out in the hall during the interview will help. What more bonafide could that be.

Good Luck,

Michael

I did a K 1 and I did not go to the interview. She was denied because they said it was not a bonafide relationship. Now last February 11, 2009 we got married in China. I did a CR 1. Just waiting for the interview. Everything was done and sent to Guangzhou on September 30.2009. Then I do have a friend that did a K 1 and he was not there. She now is in America. I like to think just sitting out in the hall during the interview will help. What more bonafide could that be.

Good Luck,

Michael

True but I also think 3 trips to see her in 6 months to see her speaks to that also....:) I have read thoughts on both sides and cant make up my mind yet. Well im off to deliver more Pizza so I can fly back to China soon.... See ya in 2.5 hours.....:)

Good Luck,

Michael

True but I also think 3 trips to see her in 6 months to see her speaks to that also....:) I have read thoughts on both sides and cant make up my mind yet. Well im off to deliver more Pizza so I can fly back to China soon.... See ya in 2.5 hours.....:)

seems like you already made up your mind, i think you don't want to delay your trip because you want to see her soon... <_<

No I have not made up my mind at all.... In fact logical choice would be to go for the interview. And I am leaning that way actually. I think I need to wait a month or so to decide. maybe I can narrow down her interview window in the next 4-6 weeks.

Financially it will be more expensive to travel during the Chinese new year. This year it will be on Feb 14th. What ever you decide, I would recommend getting your tickets asap.

I use the following website

https://www.vayama.com/

Not going to the interview is not an automatic disqualification but I believe it helps. If nothing else you are there to support your sweet heart in a stressful situation. This would give her confidence and it is a widely held consensus here that confidence helps. I didn't go to my wife's (then fiancée) because I wanted to save the money for a honeymoon. She got a blue slip for communication and I ended up going to China to make a video of us speaking together. She was alone, frightened and unsure of herself at the interview. I have beat myself up a thousand times for not being there when she needed me. Obviously we overcame the blue slip and have been happily married for over 5 years.

If it means losing your job or some other catastrophe then obviously don't go. If on the other hand you can possibly go then you should. Even if it means delaying one visit.

Not going to the interview is not an automatic disqualification but I believe it helps. If nothing else you are there to support your sweet heart in a stressful situation.

I absolutely agree with this. Robert, search through CFL and you'll clearly find example after example of how your presence during her interview will give a substantial amount of confidence to your fiance. Knowing that I am currently in class, my wife has asked me repeatedly if I think I'll be able to take time off for her interview. This is a stressful time for those that interview - it's a life-changing event.

You're correct Robert in that three trips does give validity to your relationship, but at this point, I have to think (judging from the other accounts I've read and from my wife's point-of-view) that this last trip, is more for your fiance's peace of mind, rather than something that will convince the VO of your legitimate relationship.

Not going to the interview is not an automatic disqualification but I believe it helps. If nothing else you are there to support your sweet heart in a stressful situation.

I absolutely agree with this. Robert, search through CFL and you'll clearly find example after example of how your presence during her interview will give a substantial amount of confidence to your fiance. Knowing that I am currently in class, my wife has asked me repeatedly if I think I'll be able to take time off for her interview. This is a stressful time for those that interview - it's a life-changing event.

You're correct Robert in that three trips does give validity to your relationship, but at this point, I have to think (judging from the other accounts I've read and from my wife's point-of-view) that this last trip, is more for your fiance's peace of mind, rather than something that will convince the VO of your legitimate relationship.

Robert, I think what Warpedboard said is about the best advice anyone can give on this subject. There is just one thing I'd like to add:

Visiting your sweetheart 3 times in six months CAN say a lot for the validity of the relationship.

But, you never know how a VO will look at you not being there for the interview. Maybe he/she will think to themself:

This guy has been to China to visit his hunnie 3 times in 6 months. He's trying to show how bona fide the relationship is.

So, why isn't he here NOW for the interview, if the relationship is as important as he is trying to make it seem? :lol:

Robert: What does she want? ask her... if she says, "no need"...

what is your response?

I'm not sure he could count on this being an honest answer. My wife pretty much said the same thing but later I learned she didn't really mean it.

She may not want to lose face by admitting she needs the emotional support.