One month in the U.S.

amanda1969

Hello all,

I have been in the U.S for one month since July 18,2009. Husband has done wonderful job to make son and me adjust well. The list can show what we went through during the past month:

1.Son has got his welcome notice :D by mail from USCIS but I have not got either welcome notice or green card. B)

2.Son and I have got SSN by mail.

3.Son will go to his middle school next week. He is looking forward to going back school and making new friends.

4.Husband has added me on our bank account. I will get my debit card next week.

5.Husband has helped me to apply for my ID card which I will get within 30 days.

6.Husband teaches me to drive.

My feeling?

1. I miss my family and REAL Chinese food.

2.I am eager to have a job to feel myself useful to sociaty.

Amanda in USA

Edited by amanda1969 (see edit history)

We can understand how you're not used to be idle and being idle causes you to feel like you're not contributing. Too many of our wives have gone through what you're experiencing. It all comes in time... Time to adjust. Staying busy helps overcome those periods of feeling lost and homesick. Hang in there, Amanda. You've got a big headstart being English fluent. You might want to look for some volunteer work until you can land that permanent job.

Hello all,

I have been in the U.S for one month since July 18,2009. Husband has done wonderful job to make son and me adjust well. The list can show what we went through during the past month:

1.Son has got his welcome notice :D by mail from USCIS but I have not got either welcome notice or green card. :(

3.Son will go to his middle school next week. He is looking forward to going back school and making new friends.

5.Husband has helped me to apply for my ID card which I will get within 30 days.

My feeling?

Amanda in USA

Amanda, From one Chinese woman to the other!

My feeling?

1. I miss my family and REAL Chinese food.(I felt the same! The food you can get from Chinese market and cook your self) (don't worry about husband?)

2.I am eager to have a job to feel myself useful to sociaty. I am not sure what visa you are in U.S. from but i understand how you feel. I was in U.S. for one month and had no job, Relax! you will fine something soon. ( Your husband will take care of you) Just enjoy your new life.

Hello all,

1.Son has got his welcome notice :huh: by mail from USCIS but I have not got either welcome notice or green card. :rotfl:

My feeling?

Amanda in USA

My feeling?

1. I miss my family and REAL Chinese food.(I felt the same! The food you can get from Chinese market and cook your self) (don't worry about husband?)

2.I am eager to have a job to feel myself useful to sociaty. I am not sure what visa you are in U.S. from but i understand how you feel. I was in U.S. for one month and had no job, Relax! you will fine something soon. ( Your husband will take care of you) Just enjoy your new life.

I came to the U.S with CR1 visa.

Husband likes Chinese food. Everyday I cook Chinese food twice for lunch and dinner.

Edited by amanda1969 (see edit history)

Hello all,

1.Son has got his welcome notice <_< by mail from USCIS but I have not got either welcome notice or green card. :lol:

My feeling?

Amanda in USA

My feeling?

Husband likes Chinese food. Everyday I cook Chinese food twice for lunch and dinner.

That may be true now, but a few years from now it might be different. Don't get me wrong, you shouldn't give up what you know and finding a Chinese supermarket and having some of the food you like from China is very important, but don't be afraid to try many of the different things now available here. One advantage of the United States is you can find foods from all around the world here somewhere. Jen has found she likes steak or shrimp fajitas (Mexican), Seafood linguini (Italian), and a grilled NY cut steak, medium rare with a salad and potato (American), just to name a few.

Each time I want to China, I promised myself that what ever was offered to me, I would try, as I am sure many of us did when we went to China. My experience allowed me to grow outside my comfort zone and I have discovered things like jellyfish, chicken feet, and yes, even durian fruit.

Sure there are things you won't like, but many you will. Just don't be afraid to try new things, you might be surprised what you find.

Hello all,

1.Son has got his welcome notice <_< by mail from USCIS but I have not got either welcome notice or green card. :lol:

My feeling?

Amanda in USA

My feeling?

Yes i am to in U.S. on CR1 visa.

Michael only eat Chinese food.

I cook every night when we go home from work.

Guest jin979

Hello all,

My feeling?

Amanda in USA

My feeling?

Yes i am to in U.S. on CR1 visa.

Michael only eat Chinese food.

I cook every night when we go home from work.

we eat chinese food every day too .