i give up i may just move to china now

Chinese_Lover,

I can't imagine your tremendous frustration with the system. It sounds like you have been having difficulties and have been working hard to overcome them.

No matter what you do, you will have a very difficult path in front of you. As carhil mentioned, I have seen many low income families be torn apart by the lack of finances. Little difficulties suddenly become HUGE obsticles. I have met familes that a simple flat tire seemed to be an insurmountable obsticle. Buying a beer at a bar would one evening would make the next rent payment come up short. And steak vs Top Ramen for dinner can make an endless argument.

But, it also sounds like you have been making plans to improve your situation. Rather than always looking toward changes in the future, you need to start making the changes NOW. Do something to boost your income NOW. Start studying NOW. Then, when the time comes for your Fiancee to come here, you will be ready for her.

It is unclear where your are in the application process. If you applied a year ago and have the interview coming up, work to provide sufficient evidence about your ability to support your fiancee and hope for the best. As I understand it from a previous post, if the interviewer doesn't think you have sufficient financial resources, your application will be put on hold, but not thrown out.

If you haven't applied yet, send in your application, and while you are waiting, work on making your income better. Both of you will be happier.

If you move to China, you will have additional difficulties bringing your fiancee back to the USA because it will be difficult for you to ever earn more than the US Poverty level while living in the country.

Best Wishes,

Clifford

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carhil24, I want to commend you for giving the talk that most young Americans don't get from their fathers like they should. Love is a wonderful thing and does overcome great obstacles, but perhaps some of the reason that my first wife and I drifted so far apart is that I did the routine that you are describing. Working days and going to school at nights. Often working two jobs when not in school just to make ends meet.

Even now with my Masters completed, returning to the US has been a big financial hit. Really good jobs are not that easy to come by. Unfortunately, even $12/hr is barely get by money for a couple these days. Prehaps it would be best to concentrate on finishing school right now.

No matter how much your wife thinks she knows about America, it will be a huge cultural shock for her. It was for me when I moved to China and it is for my wife right now. Having excellent English will help immensely. For that matter, just having a Chinese wife will be a huge cultural adjustment for you. For instance she is culturally bound to give you face and tell you she doesn't even want a present because she understands the financial situation, but you are also expected to show her face by providing a very nice present for her anyway. She will be harshly judged by her friends and relatives on the matter of face.

Please don't take any of this as a personal attack or as discouraging the romance, but as youth we are not always aware of just how hard a grind life can be. Personally, I hope that all works out well for the two of you and that you have a long and happy life together!

ok i went and asked my mom to be a sponser today,she said no cause of legal issues i dont want to get into,i aksed my friend who owns a business about giving me a job for rest of yr,well he could just say he paied me $3,000 or $4,000 i need to clear the 125% poverty level guideline,i would claim it on my tax return and he could on his,give the blank pay stubs needed and all that,and i just pay more into the goverment,or you think i mite get caught,please anyone help me,im hurting,i know someone talked about people claiming ebay sales and stuffed you own like your car,how could i report them,i dont have any recipts from the ebay sales,i just remember i made $1,200 off a guitar amp on there a few months ago,and my car is work like $2,000 or so i think,any info on this would be appreciated,Thanks,Chris^_^

i know this is a repeat question i just wouldnt mind if someone had any ideas on the ebay and ownership thing like a car,how i could add them as liablity maybe and also ,everyone keeps saying i wont need this proof of income for 6 to 8months,does it really take this long to get her interview and visa issued, just is mailing back the p3 tommorow,

Chinese_Lover,

Best of luck to you. Perhaps your friend who has the business will help you get a "real" higher paying job, and everything will start looking better for you.

I am still waiting on the Moscow Embassy which seems to have it's own schedule.

However, I believe the packet 4 and interview usually follows the Packet 3 within 2-4 months. Assuming all goes well, you may have the interview in early 2004. Thus, your 2003 income will be very important.

Hopefully both you and your finacee/wife will be working in 5 years and some of the hardships now will be ending by that time. But, it may be difficult for both of you to adjust in the near future.

I believe that international students can get student loans, so school should be ok, but be careful of getting too far into debt, too quickly.

Best of Luck,

Clifford

ut arlington is waiting on her to get here,she has already got the paper work from them to go to college there,they have her starting in feb there or soon as she gets here,they know she is coming on a k1- visa,she got some kind of scholarship she will be using with them,she has a very high grade point average i belive,so school is taking care of,plus she has alot of money saved up when she comes to the usa,she is working in china now,

Wow ChineseLover, Your story has more twists and turns than the San Francisco highway.

You sound as if you have done so many things to get this ready, but i find it hard to believe that you didn't know about the "Affidavit of support".

It was one of the 1st things i noticed in this whole process. Having to get a sponsor makes it a bit more difficult, but i have no doubt you are capable of this, and that sounds like your only choice. If you are extremely confident about your choices, it shouldnt be that hard to get someone to file as a sponsor. Do you have sisters, brothers, a father? All you need is a proof of being able to support her.

As far as the P4 is concerned, that is coming next. You are closer than I am to recieving it! 4 months seems like that would be the most you'll have to wait.

Good luck, Patrick

i really didnt notice the Affidavit of support till other day,man i look dumb now not knowing,i thought proof of the realtionship was all they needed,and i passed that,my mom and dad said no to me cause of legal issues and and she like the idea of it all,and my grandfather and his wife dont really support me,my friend who owns the business mite be able to help but i doubt it,all my sisters and brothers are still young,so i have no one now,im driving to arlington tommorow to talk to the school about finding me a job and place to live up there now, or when every they can,i will tell them i need a job that pays better than what im making now,i live 2 hrs out of arlington right now,if i better my self and get a better paying job will that count towards anything,when she gets the interview soon,

ut arlington is waiting on her to get here,she has already got the paper work from them to go to college there,they have her starting in feb there or soon as she gets here,they know she is coming on a k1- visa,she got some kind of scholarship she will be using with them,she has a very high grade point average i belive,so school is taking care of,plus she has alot of money saved up when she comes to the usa,she is working in china now,

ChineseLover,

I believe that you can combine incomes and assets from yourself and your fiancée for the purposes of the affidavit of support. (Any co-sponsor has to be able to have adequate income to sponsor the immigrant without additional supplements).

Someone (Don?) may help clarify that.

You can essentially add 1/5 the value of your combined assets to your income. Usually the fiancée/spouse's assets are negligible, but perhaps you are close enough that they would make a difference.

Income might be different because she will be giving up her job when she comes to the USA and may not be able to get a new job for several months.

Look at her scholarship carefully.

Does it pay tuition reimbursement?

What about books and living expenses?

What about "work-study"?

If it pays more than just tuition, then you should carefully document it, and add it as additional means of support.

Overall, you will be quite close (within a couple of thousand dollars).

I don't think it said anything about "continuous employment", but it would be good to add something that you have not been relying on public support for the last 3 years (could that be part of the employer's letter)…… Hmmm, there was a section for Miscellaneous Stuff.

Perhaps you could make an agreement with your friend that he could fill out an affidavit for you that would remain sealed unless your Fiancée is hassled about your income. Your fiancée would present your affidavit and information first. If they reject yours, then she would have the co-sponsor affidavit ready. It may save a couple of months of heartache if she had that ready incase it was necessary.

----- Clifford -----

chinese_lover, if you have your P-3 now than you are looking at 4 months tops for interview. This is including time for the holidays the embassy will be closed. BUt more than likely you are within 2 or 3 months of interview, or less of your P-3 goes fast. This means you are going to have to deal with your income tax return of 2003 for the money you made in 2002. The I-134 is your current proof to support a wife. You don't have time to fill your 2004 income tax out before you interview. What you put for the I-134 can only be supported by your bank accounts and letters from employers and some pay stubs. If you friend is willing to give you the added money in false pay slips, you make be over the mark and your Finacee 's money can count along with her acceptance to school. ____But you are weaving a tight web to say the least. Your 2004 income tax will have to support everything because you will need everything again for your I- 684 form. You make also have to pay a 10% penalty to the INS for not paying the right amount of taxes during the year. I am just giving you some options, but I am not saying it's right or wrong. You are very close to getting her a visa, but remember what ever you put on this I-134 the interviewer can ask for back-up proof so you better have all your> I's< crossed. The interview can only last 5 minutes or it can last as long as the interviwer wants.

All sorts of things to consider.......

Chinese_Lover, Do you have a migrane yet? :lol:

I think the estimated tax penalty does not apply if there was not a significant Tax to Pay for the previous year (I'd have to read that again). Furthermore, the amount of additional taxes would be in the hundreds of dollars, and not the thousands of dollars so the penalty would be waved anyway.

However, to get "real" W2 forms, you will have to file a W4 form, and probably be subject to "withholding" (especially the FICA witholding which is over 11 or 12%, don't forget both the employee and employer contributions).

Ok, so there is a timing issue.

If you return the P3 today, you will likely have the interview sometime between Mid-January and Mid-March...... If you aren't prepared, it will be sooner rather than later...... If you wait a week or two, that would shift the timeframe to mid-February to Early April. Is there an expiration date on the P3? Don't miss that.

If you can gather the records quickly, you would actually be able to finish your 1040 form in early January and get it sent off.

-------------------

Maybe, after all is said and done, it would be best to just find a co-sponsor as anything else gets very complicated very quickly.

----- CK -----

i think i got a soultion that just mite work now,i will send in last yr tax return that was $12,135 i made,and for this yr tax return i wont make it in time,so i send like 2 or so pay stubs,im making little more money this yr cause i got a raise,i will get my boss to write this on the employee letter that says how long i have worked there and how much i make and im indefinite full time worker,you think that mite work,so far ive made $11,678 for 2003 this yr on my pay stub,also,i could get my friend to write me some fake stubs what owns that business for this yr 2003 like i helped him part time for a while,its my roommate that owns this company,you think we mite get caught or not,if so what happends,let me know something,

Thanks,Chris^_^

i think i got a soultion that just mite work now,i will send in last yr tax return that was $12,135 i made,and for this yr tax return i wont make it in time,so i send like 2 or so pay stubs,im making little more money this yr cause i got a raise,i will get my boss to write this on the employee letter that says how long i have worked there and how much i make and im indefinite full time worker,you think that mite work,so far ive made $11,678 for 2003 this yr on my pay stub,also,i could get my friend to write me some fake stubs what owns that business for this yr 2003 like i helped him part time for a while,its my roommate that owns this company,you think we mite get caught or not,if so what happends,let me know something,

Thanks,Chris^_^

surely you jest!

To perpetrate such fraud is unthinkable. The very mention of it makes us all accomplices to the fact......

wow! I feel like Perry Mason............. <_<

Oh, what a tangled web we weave... :D

Chris, a word of caution here. Back in the good ol days earlier this year, I and a few others on this site had some dealings with a person in the DOS with the initials of AS (some of you old timers know who I am speaking of). I am convinced to this day, that if not for the intervention of this person, our case still might be lost somewhere between GZ and NVC. However, that is not my point. My point is, that during several conversations via phone with this gentleman, he informed me that he was very aware of this site, and had upon several occasions read many of the posts herein. You have to remember, that during the good ol days, a lot of people on this site were raising a very big ruckus both at GZ and DOS. Now I am fairly certain that there are still DOS/GZ employees who are aware of this site, and quite possibly log in and read the posts to see what we are saying about them. And now you have the audacity (ignorance?) to post your intention of trying to defraud the system, thinking that no one in one of those offices might see it? <_< This has got to be one of the least intelligent posts I have seen on this site, and I sure hope that you know what you are doing. At the very least, if you are going to do something this moronic, don't go around and tell hundreds of other people you are going to do so. You don't know who might be listening or watching! Personally, I think you ought to take a step back and reevaluate your value systems, and DO THE RIGHT THING! I am a firm believer in what goes around, comes around, and honestly believe that a relationship began in deception will come to a no good conclusion very quickly. Please, for the sake of yourself and your fiancee, THINK THIS OUT VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU GO AND DO SOMETHING THAT MIGHT MESS UP YOUR AND YOUR FIANCEE'S LIFE FOR A LONG TIME!

i know i wont cheat now,my finacee told me she didnt want me to anyways,cause you mite get caught,she told me this before i posted this,but still i can do this part legal,send in last yr tax return that was $12,135 i made,and for this yr tax return i wont make it in time,so i send like 2 or so pay stubs,im making little more money this yr cause i got a raise eariler this yr and all,i will get my boss to write this on the employee letter that says how long i have worked there and how much i make and im indefinite full time worker,you think that mite work,so far ive made $11,678 for 2003 this yr on my pay stub,

also to add to that,along with my 2003 pay stubs i will send,i can send some sales i made on ebay like a copy of a check a guy made out to me for $1,200 for a guitar amp i sold,and i sold tshirts on ebay and made pretty good money on them this yr,i can send some sample recipts,from ebay,like the pages showing the sales i did,you think that would help much,

let me know something,Thanks,Chris^_^