Please read my Evolution of relationship letter and tell me what you t

08/03/2009

To whom it may concern, this is the story of how Hui Z and myself Robert H met and fell in love.¡¡

I first laid eyes on Hui in January of 2009 when I saw her profile in the personals section on Yahoo.com. I was immediately drawn to her beautiful smile in one of her pictures. She looked so sweet and kind. After reading her introduction I decided I had to write to her. So being the big chicken that I am, I sent her a Icebreaker instead. Icebreakers are little one line premade things you can send to someone to test the waters. I think mine was something like " Your profile made me smile". It was two days later I got a reply from her. I can remember being so nervous opening the Email. Hui said she had read my profile also and would be interested in chatting some more if I would like to.

We started to Exchange Emails every day, sometimes 4-5 times a day. We talked about everything from her cat Ding to my sons studies in school. We just clicked....I never had any problems understanding what she was saying to me. Sometimes she would say it in a funny way but I always knew what she ment to say.

After about two months of exchanging Emails and Texts I asked if I could call her using MSN live chat. She said yes..... I was so nervous. I setup MSN and called her.....ring... ring.. "Hello" said the sweetest voice in the world. I was hooked then and there I think. Now at the time I could understand everything Hui would say to me with very little problems. I would have to speak slow and clear so she could understand me, if she had trouble understanding me all I needed to do was type what I was saying in MSN chat and she would understand me right away.

Since our first call and chat in MSN we have talked almost every day. (I have recently started saving the chat logs since I asked her to marry me and I found out they might be needed.) In our chats we started to move beyond the small talk of getting to know each other and started to learn more about what the other was looking for in life. Our hopes and dreams. What we wanted for our future. The more we talked the more I found myself drawn to her. We are the same age, we have the same outlook on many things in life. We want the same things in our future. I remember texting to her half seriously . You are a good woman will you marry me? She in her very Chinese way replied we will see that is a question best asked face to face.

It was around the beginning of May I decided I want to meet this woman in person to see if what we have started to build is real. So I applied for my passport and visa for China.

With passport in hand I booked my flight to China. On July 14th at midnight united flight 869 touched down in Hong Kong. I was worried about how I was going to get to Shenzhen so late at night. After talking to some helpful customer service workers at the airport I was able to take a train ride then a Taxi ride and then finally catch a bus that took me to Shenzhen. On the bus to Shenzhen I met a nice man who spoke some english, he helped me navigate threw the confusing entry point and called Hui for me. Hui was very surprised to learn I was on the bus and almost to Shenzhen. Hui was there to meet me when I walked out of the customs area of the Huanggang checkpoint at 2:30am. When we first saw each other in person we were a little shy. She offered to help me with my bags and we walked to find a Taxi.

After checking in to the Hotel and getting our room we spent a few hours talking. We found that we could communicate with ease threw talking, typing and the use of a fantastic electronic translator I brought with me. The shyness between us disappeared very quickly and by noon the we were touring Shenzhen arm in arm. I remember our first kiss was that night after we got back from the Windows on the world theme park. It was magic I felt like I was back in high school kissing my first girlfriend.

July 17th 2009 is the day I asked Hui to marry me. We were sitting talking in our hotel room when I just had the feeling that this is right... this is the woman I love. So I asked... She looked at me for a little while and gave me a kiss and whispered yes. I was so happy!!! Two days later we had a lunch date with 6-8 of Hui's close friends. We made the announcement at that time and had a wonderful meal to celebrate.

We discussed what we steps we needed to take to have Hui join me in America. We talked and decided Hui would leave her Job as a accountant in Donguan and return to her hometown of Nanchang to attend English school for 4 months while I get the K-1 application started. The school is very intense and she will live at the school while she attends.

The rest of the trip up to my departure is a blur we spent countless hours talking, shopping and eating. But unfortunately I could not stop the hands of time and July 24th came at last. It was a sad day to leave someone who I have fallen so Deeply in love with behind. It hurt my heart to have to return home alone. My only solace was to know when I returned home I could start work on my K-1 visa application, the very reason I am writing this letter. The dreaded "evolution of relationship letter" I hope I did not write to much and make your eyes go blurry. I know is it your job to make sure this is a bona fide relationship and I am sure that is a difficult process for you. I can only hope I have told you enough of our story to give you a understanding of Hui and myself and to know we truly and deeply love each other. With that thought I will close out my letter and thank you for your time in reading it.

¡¡

Thank you

Robert

How dose that look? Did I give them enoufgh of our story?

Sounds pretty natural to me. I'd leave out the part about being reminded of kissing your high school GF though. :blink:

In another thread someone mentioned to you about getting a couple of more trips in. That is VERY important I think. Do the best you can getting two more in and then update this letter with those trips.

BTW . . . you took a train, a taxi THEN a bus to Shenzhen? For future reference there is a bus that goes right to Shenzhen from the Hong Kong airport. :) That's the way I always did it after the first time. That first trip I took 3 planes to get to Shenzhen from Dallas and it just wore me out.

Sounds pretty natural to me. I'd leave out the part about being reminded of kissing your high school GF though. :blink:

In another thread someone mentioned to you about getting a couple of more trips in. That is VERY important I think. Do the best you can getting two more in and then update this letter with those trips.

BTW . . . you took a train, a taxi THEN a bus to Shenzhen? For future reference there is a bus that goes right to Shenzhen from the Hong Kong airport. :) That's the way I always did it after the first time. That first trip I took 3 planes to get to Shenzhen from Dallas and it just wore me out.

I had to take that route because it was after midnight and the normal route was closed for the night. I will inclure the trips to see her as I make them. I need this letter to send in with the K-1.

robert

Edited by RobertH (see edit history)

Good job Robert! This would be a nice sample for people that haven't wrote their letters yet. Although you should change the 'threws' to 'throughs'. :P

And I agree with the others about at least one more visit, then attend the interview for another visit.

Looks like you found a keeper. Good luck!

Jon & Cindy

This is a good base for I-129F submission, just expand on what you have written to include additional visits up to the interview.

As I have suggested in another thread about more visits, do some traveling together, meet her family, get there blessing, take a lot of pictures etc.

The only red-flag I see, is the short time between meeting each other physically and your proposal which happened three days later on your first visit, GUZ will look very hard at this, so be prepared to over-come this small but critical problem.

As I have mentioned above, visit her as much as you can between now and the interview, this for you and her is very important to prove to GUZ that you two have a bonafided relationship. Being there with her for the interview, IMO is an absolute must! Don't take anything for granted. You can rest assured GUZ won't.

Good Luck

About the letter - I would definitely say it is overly wordy and flowery, even though it does fit in one page in my Microsoft Word.

I would recommend that you leave out the little "facts" that aren't pertinent to your relationship, like "sent her a Icebreaker instead. Icebreakers are little one line premade things you can send to someone to test the waters"

Two paragraphs that seem especially awkward are these:

When we first saw each other in person we were a little shy. She offered to help me with my bags and we walked to find a Taxi.

After checking in to the Hotel and getting our room we spent a few hours talking. We found that we could communicate with ease threw talking, typing and the use of a fantastic electronic translator I brought with me. The shyness between us disappeared very quickly and by noon the we were touring Shenzhen arm in arm. I remember our first kiss was that night after we got back from the Windows on the world theme park. It was magic I felt like I was back in high school kissing my first girlfriend.

In one paragraph, she's too shy to do more than help you with your luggage. In the next, you're checking into a hotel, and that's the major step in this relationship. Why promote a "fantastic electronic translator"?
My only solace was to know when I returned home I could start work on my K-1 visa application, the very reason I am writing this letter. The dreaded "evolution of relationship letter" I hope I did not write to much and make your eyes go blurry. I know is it your job to make sure this is a bona fide relationship and I am sure that is a difficult process for you. I can only hope I have told you enough of our story to give you a understanding of Hui and myself and to know we truly and deeply love each other. With that thought I will close out my letter and thank you for your time in reading it.
This is completely irrelevant to the evolution of your relationship.

My advice is that if you can make your timeline a little more obvious factually, then it will be "approved" by the USCIS, and can't be legally used by GUZ as a reason for denial. Same with your communication skills This paragraph should definitely empathize that you were able to communicate in English early on.

Just my opinion - use it or not for whatever purpose you want to use or not use it for.

Hi Robert, it's really easy to get wordy with the message of your love for this woman. You've done pretty good and I'd only tweak it a little/

I wrote a one page letter for our k-1. I only had one trip when I made the application and 6 weeks of e-mails at that point, but I built the relationship up with what I could. Like everyone else, when I made the first trip I wanted her to come home with me, so, I quickly made the application. :blink:

I'm slowly working on a new EOR letter for our upcoming CR-1 application. I have one written already but I am constantly tweaking it, and, I'm making it more of a business type letter by putting the dates in the left hand column in a larger font, then writing what events went on during those dates. I waht a worker to see a concise easy to read timeline so they clearly get an organized timeline of events.

My EOR letter is gonna be sorta long simply because I have so much evidence, will have known my wife for 3 years and had 6 trips to see her.

The main thing is...anyone will be able to look at any page of it and quickly and easily "skim" through it to get a general understanding of our relationship. I figure they already understand I love lil' Suzy Wang. :lol:

If you sent in what you've written now you shouldn't have a problem, but you could tweak it a bit and make it easier to see your timeline of events. Ya done good bubba. B)

Here's a quick look at an example....

20 July 2009 Wanda Jean and I met online on AmericanSingles.com. We traded some e-mails and found that we had an interest in each other.

27 August 2009 I make my first trip to meet Wanda Jean in person. The sex was simply incredible, I got to eat dog brain soup for the first time, and we had a great time seeing a bunch of centuries old Chinese stuff. Now Wanda Jean and I are like a couple of peas in a pod.

Sorta like a timeline on Candle with more description. :o

Good luck to you on your journey.

tsap seui

For the humorous challenged: Yes, I was kiddin' in what I wrote in the timeline of events. :P