And yet more pink

Limei got her pink slip today, first try. She had very little to say about the whole process other than that everything went smoothly. The VO asked where I lived, what we both did for work, looked briefly at her pictures, and gave her the pink slip. Weeks of worry for nothing!

Thanks everyone, and yes, it is better to be prepared than get a blue slip!

Couple of interesting notes, it was really late when I started this thread - Mr. Yang told Limei that since we had both never been married before her chances were very good for getting the Visa. He was very helpful and let her use his computer, although he wanted to charge 1 yuan per page for printing (that's fair, he's not running a print shop). Since she wanted to print about 100 pages of chat histories she did it somewhere else. He went through her paperwork with her and told her how to organize it, and told her at the interview to look the VO in the eye when answering questions. He also had her go to a Kodak shop to print our pictures again, he said the ones she had were low quality and the VO's might think we had photoshopped them. Normally we don't print our pictures, I just keep them on my computer. So she did that as well.

When she went to turn in my I-134, they told her they already had it on file. I have no idea what they were talking about, and neither does she, but she just said ok, and here is the co-sponsor form as well. Again, no comment from the consulate person, just took the forms and moved her along the chain. I can only imagine how Limei felt through all of this. I had prepped her with the 95 questions here on CFL, told her to act professional if she meets some problems, and here it was a walk in the park for her (other than the heat and crowds).

This whole process has moved amazingly quickly for us. I don't have a detailed timeline since I just joined CFL, but here's a rough estimate:

Jan 20 - filed petition

March 25 - petition approved

Some blah blah (Limei's word when she doesn't know something :cheering:

June 12 - submitted checklist for interview date

June 19? - interview appointment received

July 30 - interview

Total time is only 6 months!!! My heart goes out to the people here who have had extreme difficulty in getting their Visa's, but I am eternally grateful that we didn't have any problems.

Wish we had the chance to meet at GUZ, but great to hear of your success and good news.

When you read the horror stories on this site anyone here at CFL would feel compelled to over prepare. Prepare, prepare, prepare. Check, check and re-check everything, since one expects GUZ to. Glad to hear that you did and everything worked out.

CONGRATULATIONS AND GOD BLESS!!!

Henry