August Interview group

So here I sit in the room at Xia's nice clean room with a little kitchen, washing machine, living room, internet connection and a fridge for just $17 a day, not bad.

Her interview is this Thur, we studied the papers lastnight, and even met a few of you yesterday at the consulate.

Good luck to you all . . . . . . .

Hi, it was nice talking to you Monday at ACH.

Good luck with your wife's interview.

You have very nice pictures.

My wife Mei's interview is on 8/31.

Steve

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xia's number is 13711105224 and 13250216868

QQ: 578819206

www.13711105224.cn

I must say that after staying at Xia's for 2 weeks it was very very nice. My wife chose the place that cost 230 a night, and I think worth the money.

Very quiet and comfortable good internet 2 air conditioning units worked well, and even had 2 beds. ( I snore a lot so came in handy)

I got sick while there unfortunately was the only real bummer last few days.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj98/poolman802/Guangzhou%208-2009/02967728.jpghttp://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj98/poolman802/Guangzhou%208-2009/3f6a4a4a.jpghttp://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj98/poolman802/Guangzhou%208-2009/425dbf50.jpg

I'm late to this thread, but I'm sitting in Guangzhou and happy to report that my fiancee passed (pink). Just waiting for her passport with visa now. She passed today (Thursday). Any idea when we'll get it? I'm hoping Saturday. But it might be not be until Tuesday (is it true that delieveries aren't made on Monday)?

Anyway good luck to others. I'm not exactly sure what advice to give others. My SO said a lot of people were failing, but she couldn't hear them very well, so not sure what they were doing wrong. Probably, their first problem was not coming here and visajourney.com. I definitely think front-loading is the way to go, along with multiple trips to China (I had 5) and being there during the interview (I suspect her having your passport is a big advantage if you can swing it). These are all just my suspicions and not based upon anything though. I'm also guessing since this is both of our first marriages and we are both pretty young (still in our 20s), with no children, that probably puts us in a lower fraud class (but maybe not), and my salary is pretty good. All the advice here is great. I slacked off a bit and didn't really follow all of it to a tee though. I didn't have the evolution of relationship letter notarized (obviously this can't hurt, but from a logical standpoint I don't really understand doing this), and didn't really have too many photos (both of use hate being photographed), etc. We barely used email or snail mail, but had tons of Skype Phone bills as well as her China Mobile phonebills (which I didn't know you could get).

Overall, I owe much to VJ and CFL. If people just follow the instructions on the official forms, they might be in trouble. This is the place to go. Good luck to the rest of you.

Guest Wuhan4me

Shadowman last logged in on the 25th at 4:41 PM - or on the 26th around 5:51 AM China time.

I hope all went well. Really...

FWIW, when we go, I'm gonna get the landlord that Wendy W had, for about 2 weeks. I'd rather walk across the greenway than ride the elevator up/down - it's just some feng shui thing for me. (If you want info on that place, search Wendy W in the member search area, for her topics )

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)
Guest Wuhan4me

I'm late to this thread, but I'm sitting in Guangzhou and happy to report that my fiancee passed (pink).

That's great news. GUZ sends out on Saturdays, and China Post / EMS office is closed on Sundays.

So if the packet leaves the mailroom on Saturday at GUZ, it MIGHT BE available on Monday at the China Post / EMS office.

If you have some time, go find the China Post / EMS office soonish - many folk have recently reported that 1) the map from the consulate is wrong or 2) it's really hard to find.

Congratulations!! I would hope you could get the visa on Saturday at the post office.

And Xia's rooms look nice. Is that a clothes washer in the picture?

YES clothes washer is in the room very handy. my wife washed her clothes by hand me i loaded up the washer. I couldn't figure the damned thing out i think i ran every wash through 2-3 cycles but they were clean for sure!

i didnt post a bathroom picture but theres some odd tile designs with some like psuedo roman renaissance figures and little cherubs. The water heater worked great, high pressure shower with 3 ways to deliver, hand shower, head shower, and some side jets look like some car wash and bless them a sit down crapper. my last trip the squat toilet was ok but this trip i had the "D" word and if i had to squat look out you would have heard me complain

Dave and Joy need to speak up here, they had their interview today and haven't heard from him.

I finally found my way to an internet connection... and I'm thrilled to report...

We're PINK !!!!!

I'm working on a very detailed re-cap of our interview which I'll post soon in the Interview Results area.

I started a new posting in "interview results", but we can chalk up another PINK for the Aug group. Yan did great.

She made a pretty good friend from 001 about a month ago and they chat everyday. She had the interview the same day. They gave her the pink and then just before everything was wrapped up, the VO said "opps, I forgot to look at his W-2", after looking at them and seeing that he didn't make enough he took the pink back and stapled a blue to it.