Guest shutterbug

Actually the consulate has been on Shamian Island for the most part since the late 19th century. It has been at the current address, 1 Shamian Nanjie, since 1990, right next to the White Swan Hotel (Est. 1983). Only the Consular Section moved out in 2005, the rest of the consulate remained. Such arrangement may seem a bit unusual but is hardly unique: Visa Section of Chinese Embassy in Washington is not at the embassy either; instead it is located in a non-descript office building along with those of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the People's Republic of Bangladesh.

Edited by shutterbug (see edit history)
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and Dan are interesting.

I haven't heard much from Dan, of course he's waiting. Like you and me....

It seems that DOS has confirmed his arrival. You have to be next!

I just found a guy on this site who has the same NVC out day as me.

Shadowman, But I can't PM him for some strange reason

Mike

Hi Mike,

I received your PM yesterday.

I called GUZ and my case has still not been received/logged in. Got the standard 2-4 months reply and was told to call back in 1 month.

Shadowman

Hi Mike,

I received your PM yesterday.

I called GUZ and my case has still not been received/logged in. Got the standard 2-4 months reply and was told to call back in 1 month.

Shadowman

Shadowman,

- I was drinking - :o I hope... really screwed something up here... <_<

You should check out VisaJourney. I assembled some info so we can see the the people and the dates a little easier.

When I see them get interview dates (next week I think) we are next.

:crazy: ...It just has to be the end of this month... :headbang:

Mike

Mike,

Our package according to DHL was deleivered to Guangzhou (6/24) according to DHL. This is the same as Dan.

Hope this one contains both ours and Dan's file.

I am just wondering why it takes so much time for Guangzhou to acknowlege that they got the package.

Mei & Steve

Mike

Yea I'm still lurking until I get the update. DOS swears my file is received and being processed at time of my last call. No interview date active according to her computer screen. Call back next week blah blah bvlah yada yada

Mike,

Our package according to DHL was deleivered to Guangzhou (6/24) according to DHL. This is the same as Dan.

Hope this one contains both ours and Dan's file.

I am just wondering why it takes so much time for Guangzhou to acknowlege that they got the package.

Mei & Steve

Mike

Yea I'm still lurking until I get the update. DOS swears my file is received and being processed at time of my last call. No interview date active according to her computer screen. Call back next week blah blah bvlah yada yada

To tell you the truth. I don't trust any words that DOS told you. A lot of time, they were giving out comflciting information.

Until I get the interview date, everything else is just speculation.

Hello How did you find out that it was confirm deliver to the consulate in your timeline? Thanks

Joe

Flowers!!!

You must have been in MY package!!! I¡¯ve been wondering who made it so heavy!!! Maybe one other guy too!

Do you also belong to VJ??? (I¡¯m Mike and Yan there also)

I guess from your timeline and since only a few documents left NVC in May that you left NVC 05/19/09. DHL gave me the Signed By Date (Mr. Stamp received it). If you are not that date, then use EXP 18 MAY 2009B adjusted for your date on the DHL reference area.

if you can, put the exact date of NVC out in your timeline.

:cheering:

Mike

Hello How did you find out that it was confirm deliver to the consulate in your timeline? Thanks

Joe

Flowers!!!

You must have been in MY package!!! I¡¯ve been wondering who made it so heavy!!! Maybe one other guy too!

Do you also belong to VJ??? (I¡¯m Mike and Yan there also)

I guess from your timeline and since only a few documents left NVC in May that you left NVC 05/19/09. DHL gave me the Signed By Date (Mr. Stamp received it). If you are not that date, then use EXP 18 MAY 2009B adjusted for your date on the DHL reference area.

if you can, put the exact date of NVC out in your timeline.

:cheering:

Mike

Hello Mike,

Mine left NVC on Jun 18 I think. DOS is giving me info that I cannot trust so still waiting but my K3 has not even been approve yet. So sad.

Joe

There are only three CR1 people with an NVC out of May 18.

me.......Shadowman......Flowers

All others in May, that I can find have had their cases opened at GUZ and are in a 'pending' status.

SO....

we can expect interview dates soon from:

mei3935

Dan-Juan

and two others at the Big Brother site VJ (I can't find them here)

Is anyone else expecting to get their interview date soon from DOS/GUZ?

There are only three CR1 people with an NVC out of May 18.

me.......Shadowman......Flowers

All others in May, that I can find have had their cases opened at GUZ and are in a 'pending' status.

SO....

we can expect interview dates soon from:

mei3935

Dan-Juan

and two others at the Big Brother site VJ (I can't find them here)

Is anyone else expecting to get their interview date soon from DOS/GUZ?

She sent in the P3 and EMS shows they've already received it but just didn't enter it into the computer yet.

Hi Mike,

Shadowman

Shadowman,

Give DOS a buzz.

They say that my hard copy is in their system.

You must also be.

Also, I remember reading somewhere (here or VJ) that GUZ scedules only twice a month, at the begining and at the end.

So far I have seen only a few August interview dates, all for K1.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Shadowman

Shadowman,

Give DOS a buzz.

You must also be.

Also, I remember reading somewhere (here or VJ) that GUZ scedules only twice a month, at the begining and at the end.

Mike

Called DOS today. The interview date for our case is set on 8/31/2009.

Mei

Hi Mike,

Shadowman

Shadowman,

Give DOS a buzz.

You must also be.

Mike

Called DOS today. The interview date for our case is set on 8/31/2009.

Mei

I also called DOS this morning and we have an interview at 8-27-09