Green Cards Arrived !!

I guess I should have checked my PO Box yesterday?? (Like Mike P. did.)

I checked today and at the bottom of the stack, postmarked July 1st, at Lee's Summit, MO, were two non-descript envelopes, each containing a beautiful 10 Year Green Card, for wife and daughter.

The card poduction notice was dated June 18th; and at interview time, the ISO stated it might be as long as two months for receipt of the cards. So much for that. :)

Now, I will rapidly complete the adoption process for my daughter and get her Citizenship app' filed very soon; and hopefully, she will have her USC status and new American Passport by year's end.

Then the 2 year 8 month (from now) wait for filing for Lao Po.

I have waited a long time for this day. ;)

Congratulations, Roger!! Great news!

Congratulations Roger ! ! ! ! ! ! ,

No more waiting for us! We are clear for 10 years. We hope all your plans go smoothly, and you can put this all behind you, Mike & Yizhen

Hey mikepellicore,

Congratulations! See your timeline and your wife got her SSN and GC so quickly. My wife entered US 6/4/09 as IR1 in San Francisco and we applied SSN at local Social Security Office on 6/8/09 (they told us even we selected to apply SSN on DS-230 Part II, it was not in the system by then so we needed to apply). Anyway, as of today, we are still waiting for her SSN and the welcome letter from USCIS. Do not know why it takes so long for us.

Should we ask Social Security or USCIS about our concerns?

Thanks, lvlp

Hey mikepellicore,

Congratulations! See your timeline and your wife got her SSN and GC so quickly. My wife entered US 6/4/09 as IR1 in San Francisco and we applied SSN at local Social Security Office on 6/8/09 (they told us even we selected to apply SSN on DS-230 Part II, it was not in the system by then so we needed to apply). Anyway, as of today, we are still waiting for her SSN and the welcome letter from USCIS. Do not know why it takes so long for us.

Should we ask Social Security or USCIS about our concerns?

Thanks, lvlp

Hi, Mikepellicore

My sis-in-law entered US as a CR-1 in late May through SFO as well, but she has not gotten her GC yet, only welcome letter came two weeks after. I called USCIS for her and was told that the center that prints all the GC for the western side of US is under construction and the production is delay by this. She is waiting for the GC for drivering test in WA. USCIS said that the welcome letter will serve as a GC at the moment for my sis-in-law, stating her status in US.

I think some weeks ago, I saw some related articles in USCIS's website about this center being delay too. I think you are still fine. One persone from VJ.com entered US in mid-May through SFO (I think also CR-1) already got GC couple weeks ago.

lvlp, it takes about 10 days for you to get into the SSA computer system, you will need to go there and apply now that you are in the system. Roger is in California, and they told him it would be 60 days before he received the green cards. They arrived in 2 weeks, so you should not be surprised if your green card arrives soon. You will receive the welcome letter, and the green card very close together.

Missing You, the passport should be good for proving green card, it is stamped as temporary green card good for one year. How long does the welcome letter say to wait for the green card? Ours said 30 days, and Roger's said 3 weeks. You should go to the SSA office and apply for the SS Card. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen