Vaccination Record

Guest jin979

she may need a HPV vaccine and maybe a second MMR though, depends on her age and the Dr. But no need for all or a medical if you have vaccine book and medical book from China.

TB skin test will be done too unless done in china(i dont think it is at medical there) , if medical after June 2008

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my fiancee brought the forms and highlighted instructions and he refused to sign it without a full body check... damn these people!

Some doctors are shysters, and many of their receptionist are not much better.

As Randy indicated call the doctor in TX and do it by mail if you have to.

i might have to do this, even though i don't live in TX, its fine?

The doctor does not need to be near where you live, this is fine, he does them for people all over the USA by mail. Just call and then send him the vaccination record, and he will send it back to you along with a sealed I-693.

thanks!

Guest jin979

my fiancee brought the forms and highlighted instructions and he refused to sign it without a full body check... damn these people!

The doctor does not need to be near where you live, this is fine, he does them for people all over the USA by mail. Just call and then send him the vaccination record, and he will send it back to you along with a sealed I-693.

you know he can still do this with changed requirements for TB skin test and HPV if you dont have these ?

you know he can still do this with changed requirements for TB skin test and HPV if you dont have these ?

Yes, but may need to get these done locally and then send the results to the TX doctor.

I have seen posts on VJ of people that have still used the TX doctor.

So my civil surgeon emailed a CS coordinator from the department of homeland security. And the reply is, an overseas report is not acceptable to be submitted with a complete I-693 form. If the applicant had a positive TB skin test reaction of more than 5mm will also be required to undergo a chest x-ray here in U.S.

And $40 I paid last time is what he charged me for complete the I-693 form. No more charges.

Edited by jaybird (see edit history)

do we have to wait until she gets all of the dose's before sending my papers to the TX doctor? she has a second dose end of July for hep a and b.

Hep A and B are NOT required vaccinations for immigrations, so yes you can do the I-693 now.

For people between age 17 and 65 they are:

Tetanus/Dpt

MMR

Varicella- chicken pox

HPV (Women under 27)

do we have to wait until she gets all of the dose's before sending my papers to the TX doctor? she has a second dose end of July for hep a and b.

Hep A and B are NOT required vaccinations for immigrations, so yes you can do the I-693 now.

For people between age 17 and 65 they are:

Tetanus/Dpt

MMR

Varicella- chicken pox

HPV (Women under 27)

yay, thanks!!

i called a few doctors regarding HPV (gardasil) does $180 sound reasonable and the girl on the phone said it requires 3 shots $180X3 = $540 (YIKES!!!)

I got this googleing:

The LA County Public Health Department is NOT offering Gardasil. It is just too expensive for us to administer. One dose is $150 (I know 'cause I ordered my dose yesterday).

HOWEVER, you can call the LA County STD Hotline at 1.800.758.0880 and ask for phone numbers of clinics near you that might offer Gardasil (they can even give you ph# for PP locations throughout LA County).

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...24185637AAnhoPh

i called a few doctors regarding HPV (gardasil) does $180 sound reasonable and the girl on the phone said it requires 3 shots $180X3 = $540 (YIKES!!!)

I can speak directly to this situation.

Yes, the HPV shots are not cheap. The USCS quoted us $165.00 for our daughter, before they realized my Blue Cross covered the procedure.

When we first visited the Chinese/American CS in Sacramento (fluent in Mandarin) wherein they told us we had to have a complete exam for my wife and daughter.

I then produced the rules, which said no exam if less than one year, so they conferred and said ok. Even on the HPV, my daughter was exempt, as it was within the 30 day grace period established last year.

I did not argue this point with them and I went ahead and had her get shot #1, because I thought it was important for her health.

We did shot #2 locally at her pediatrician's office a few months ago, and will get her the final shot #3, in August.

It does pay to know the rules/regs and have them in hand. I think most who come to the CS's office have language barriers and are mostly ignorant of the rules at any given time; therefore, the doctor and his staff can have [their] way.

HPV (gardasil)? I have no idea what that is. I didn't come across anything resembling that when we did the CS thing and at that high price, I'm glad we didn't!...

HPV is a new requirement that was added recently, and also only applies to women under age 27.