Vaccination Record

my fiancee was tested positive for TB, how should the I-693 form be filled out if i am sending that form to dr. Arnold?

Best thing to do is call DR-Arnold and see what his office says, you may be required to send test results and x-rays to his office.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO the X ray was negative, no signs of any infection or disease. Now on to the I-485 Form, the directions ask for a bunch of initial evidence. They want Shuyans Birth certificate again? Police clearance? I understand the passport stamped w/ K1 Visa & the Marriage license? But we submitted all of this not long ago. They Kept a big sealed packet Shuyan brought when she arrived @SFO International in Feb 2009.

SO the X ray was negative, no signs of any infection or disease. Now on to the I-485 Form, the directions ask for a bunch of initial evidence. They want Shuyans Birth certificate again? Police clearance? I understand the passport stamped w/ K1 Visa & the Marriage license? But we submitted all of this not long ago. They Kept a big sealed packet Shuyan brought when she arrived @SFO International in Feb 2009.

Police cert NOT needed.

Guide:

1. Payment(s) as required by USCIS. Be sure to include the payment for both the I-485 and the biometrics fee*. Use a money order so you can track the payment. If a personal check is allowed, use that instead.
    >> The fee for I-485 applications filed on or after July 30th 2007 inlcudes the cost of the I-131 and I-765 (no need to pay for them if filed with or while your I-485 application is pending adjudication -- as long as you paid the "new" rate for the I-485 effective July 30th 2007).
  2. Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-485), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.
  3. Form I-485: Petition for Alien Relative
  4. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses Passport (biographical page as well as entry stamps).
    4a. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses K-1 or K-3 Visa from Passport
  5. K-1 Visa Holders: Submit Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-129F **
    K-3 Visa Holders: Submit Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-130
  6. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses valid I-94 (front and back copies)
  7. A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate along with English translation. (If in any language other than English)
  8. A certified copy of your marriage certificate. (If filing for your spouse)
  9. Two passport-type photos (see specification) of the Non US Citizen Spouse. Write the full name on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.
  10. G-325A (all four pages) filled out,signed and dated
  11. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)
  12. I-864, Affidavit of Support (see poverty limits here)
    >> Include any additional required supporting documentation
  13. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, if you want to work while your application is processed (optional)
    >> Include any additional required supporting documentation or photos as well as payment as noted here.
  14. I-131, Application for Travel Document, if you need to travel outside the United States while your application is processed (optional)
    >> Include any additional required supporting documentation or photos as well as payment as noted here.

MORE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
Guest jin979

you seem to be overcomplicating this all.

i assume like the rest of us us you got at least 4/5 originals of police papers etc from china so just inlude them in your AOS packet.of course front load and include docs again.

medical if you are K visa you dont need complete medical form, just the vaccinations (part 1) complete. xray from from china will confirm no disease.

Can anyone tell me if the DS-3025 from the US Department of State and the International Certificate of Vaccination (China issued) are enough to send in for the AOS? If not, will they be enough for the US Civil Sergeon?

ps: They are written in both English & Chinese.

Edited by pokie (see edit history)

NO, I-485 specifies I-693.

Yes the DS-3025 and yellow book will be accepted by a US Civil Surgeon.

The doctor may require a TB test.

thank you so much for the info!

best regards!

If adjusting from a K-Visa make sure you specify Vaccinations record ONLY on the I-693, many doctors try to whack you for a full medical, (NOT NEEDED if medical for K-Visa is less than a year ago).

This is a common topic in this forum, just look back a few pages.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showforum=14

Guest Pommey

best regards!

If adjusting from a K-Visa make sure you specify Vaccinations record ONLY on the I-693, many doctors try to whack you for a full medical, (NOT NEEDED if medical for K-Visa is less than a year ago).

Dan can you merge all the numerous AOS medical/vaccination threads threads together. All the info has been stated so many times, maybe pin it ?

best regards!

Dan can you merge all the numerous AOS medical/vaccination threads threads together. All the info has been stated so many times, maybe pin it ?

Not all but I will merge many of the most recent ones.

Sometimes Pinning does not work, simply going to the AOS forum and looking reveals many I-693/Vaccination questions.

Chicken pox vaccine???

When I was growing up, we just got the chicken pox and dealt with it (and I'm only in my 20s).

I'm guessing most people would just test positive for already having had this (unless things are different in China; but everyone I know in the U.S. got this as a small child).

Chicken pox vaccine???

When I was growing up, we just got the chicken pox and dealt with it (and I'm only in my 20s).

I'm guessing most people would just test positive for already having had this (unless things are different in China; but everyone I know in the U.S. got this as a small child).

Either get tested (Titer Test) OR get vaccinated Varicela.

My civil surgeon agreed that a full medical exam was unnecessary for K1 visa holders. He did my I-693 form and sealed it. But now I start to concern, my last medical exam in China dated July 8, 2008. By the time I file the AOS package this week, it will be beyond 1 year.

Is that a problem? What's gonna happen?

My civil surgeon agreed that a full medical exam was unnecessary for K1 visa holders. He did my I-693 form and sealed it. But now I start to concern, my last medical exam in China dated July 8, 2008. By the time I file the AOS package this week, it will be beyond 1 year.

USCIS May or May not issue an RFE for a full medical, this depends on the adjudicator.

You will need to wait and see if an RFE is issued.

The medical exam must have occurred within the last year. They can require you to have a new one if they want.