Vaccination Record

Hi,

I am a K-1 Visa holder and I have got married 2 weeks ago. I am in the process of adjusting my status now.

I saw a CFL member advised me to get Vaccination Record(Yellow Book) transfered to an I-693 by a US Civil Surgeon.

I remember when I got the health check in Shanghai before the visa interview, the nurse there told me that K-1 visa holders should get the vaccination required in the United States.

Can anyone tell me what is vaccination record and how exactly to get it done?

Thanks a lot!

Shuyan

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't already have one (the yellow book) you need to go to a doctor, get the shots, and have a civil surgeon transcribe them to the I-693 vaccination section - you do NOT need a complete new physical - in spite of what some of the surgeons tell you

A few things:

Do you have a yellow vaccinations book?

If so you take it to a US Civil surgeon for transcription to form I-693.

IF not, then call around for cost for vaccinations or titer tests for immigrations related vaccinations and take these records to the US Civil surgeon for transcription to I-693..

DO NOT let the US Civil surgeon try to hit you for a full medical, bring the I-693 directions with you to the doctor and point to the section in the instructions that says only vaccination record needed for K-Visa holders.

You can look up your US Civil surgeons here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

If you cannot find a resonable doctor, this one in TX will do the I-693 by mail for $30 or so.

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Call your local health department and inquire about the three shots you need. Tell them about the K1 situation and see what they tell you and see if you can get the shots there. You might be able to get them for a good price. Just call them and see what they say- the local health department that serves your area.

With proof of the three shots in hand, make an appointment with a CS of your choosing. You can get information off the USCIS website explaining what you need and what you don't need at the CS appointment concerning K1 visas. Its been a long time since I researched all this out but it should still be there. You don't need the complete physical/exam that some CS office want to do. Just show them the USCIS info and your proof of the three shots. That should be enough for them to sign off on. Find a CS at a reasonable price too! Good Luck!

I have called some US civil surgeons in my area. However, most of them didn't seem to have a clue about the K-1 vaccination required. And they all required the whole physical done. Any advice? Thanks!

HI jaybird,

This comes from the Instructions of the I-693

A. K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fianc¨¦(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen,

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

You should print out the Instructions and take them with you.

These people are just trying to get a full exam out of you.

One thing that is a requirement is a TB skin test and if that is positive than they will want a Chest Xray.

Based on the diameter of the skin test,,I don't see any way of getting out of the chest Xray. Larger than 5mm in diameter.

Tom and Ling

I have called some US civil surgeons in my area. However, most of them didn't seem to have a clue about the K-1 vaccination required. And they all required the whole physical done. Any advice? Thanks!

Please read post #6 http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=491595

I ran into same thing, when you call them you are talking to a clueless receptionist, you man need to visit the doctor's office with the directions for I-485, and I-693 IN HAND with the appropriate instructions about K-Visas highlighted.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

jaybird; I called them for you. Here's the info:

Santa Clara Health Department

976 (or 926) Lenzen Ave.

San Jose, CA.

(408) 792-5200

As always, it like pulling teeth to get to a "live person" but I finally did it!...LOL. Here's the info.:

~Office visit- $25

TB skin test- $20

Tetanus/Dpt- $17.50

MMR- $17.50

Varicella- chicken pox- $125....(ouch!) it's a two-shot series meaning that you get both shots the same day or you have to go back another day for the second shot. That's what I was told.

Hours- 8:15 to 11:30...1:00 to 4:00

NO TB skin test on Thursdays.

I think I got it all correct. I hope you're near this clinic. You can get all your shots there which is good. You can then take the proof to the CS office appointment along with the USCIS info on K1's. I don't know what a CS will charge but I guess around $80 to $125. That's just a "guesstimate." :)

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

Shuyan and I have made an appointment w/ a US Civil Surgeon office they are saying we will need to get the HIV/AIDS test as well as Syphlis test, blood work and lab test's? ll Extra $$$ Are these tests required as well?

We are going to go to the Santa Clara Dept. Health its a total of $330.00 for the 4 Vaccines and office visit. The US civil Surgeons office charges way more for these same shots, We will need the physical as well so the US civil surgeon will perform physical and complete the I-693 forms.

Lastly We are a little late on completing all of this stuff is there a certain timeline we are married and SSN# was issued within the 90 days of Her entry to the US. Is there a deadline to have all these forms filed? Enjoying eachothers company so much we have put off a few things.

Now its time to really get it all filed and sent in.

Find another civil surgeon. Another exam is not needed and your wife was tested for all those things when she had her medical exam in China. All that is required of the civil surgeon is to fill out the parts of the I-693 that pertain to vaccinations. The fee should be no more than $50.00 if you already have your vaccinations done.

Shuyan and I have made an appointment w/ a US Civil Surgeon office they are saying we will need to get the HIV/AIDS test as well as Syphlis test, blood work and lab test's? ll Extra $$$ Are these tests required as well?

We are going to go to the Santa Clara Dept. Health its a total of $330.00 for the 4 Vaccines and office visit. The US civil Surgeons office charges way more for these same shots, We will need the physical as well so the US civil surgeon will perform physical and complete the I-693 forms.

Lastly We are a little late on completing all of this stuff is there a certain timeline we are married and SSN# was issued within the 90 days of Her entry to the US. Is there a deadline to have all these forms filed? Enjoying eachothers company so much we have put off a few things.

Now its time to really get it all filed and sent in.

Shouldn't be a problem, but the sooner the better