Vaccination Record

TB skin test- $20

Tetanus/Dpt- $17.50

MMR- $17.50

Varicella- chicken pox- $125[/b]....(ouch!) it's a two-shot series meaning that you get both shots the same day or you have to go back another day for the second shot. That's what I was told.

so these are the current requirements?

Also HPV, (Gardasil) you your wife is under a certain age, I believe 27.

Another option is to be tested for the antibodies for MMR, and Chicken pox. This is called a Titer test, and usually costs less. If your wife had any of these disease or has been vaccinated in the past, a titer test may detect this and will substitute for getting re-vaccinated.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh wait, i actually read the instructions now, and found this

By law, the required vaccines include: mumps, measles,

rubella, polio, tetanus and diphtheria toxoids, pertussis,

influenza, hepatitis B, haemophilus influenzae type B,

varicella, pneumococcal, rotavirus, hepatitis A,

meningococcal, human papillomavirus, zoster,

They are AGE SPECIFIC. Some are required by children (Under age 17 or so), others are only needed by elderly (Oldsr than age 65 or so).

What you have before covers people in our age group.

Tetanus/Dpt

MMR

Varicella- chicken pox

HPV (Women under 27)

They are AGE SPECIFIC. Some are required by children (Under age 17 or so), others are only needed by elderly (Oldsr than age 65 or so).

What you have before covers people in our age group.

Tetanus/Dpt

MMR

Varicella- chicken pox

HPV (Women under 27)

Thanks very much!

We went to the Santa Clara Health Department this Tuesday and got vaccines of Tetanus, MMR, and also TB skin test. I had chicken pox when I was a kid, so I didn't get Varicella.

We went to the civil surgeon office today with the I-693 instructions, and managed to skip another full physical examination. The civil surgeon wrote 'VH'(varicella history) on the form, he said a Titer test wouldn't be necessary. However, the civil surgeon still required us to get the HPV vaccinated.

My TB skin test reading shows positive(55mm :ph34r: ), which means I would need a chest X-ray. I did the chest X-ray when I had the physical examination in China before the visa interview. I brought the X-ray tube with me today. And the civil surgeon thinks, since this chest X-ray I had is still within one year, it should be valid and we should give it a try. He copied my radiological report and enclosed it to the I-693 form. He said he would e-mail some connection in IRS and make sure. Do you guys have any idea whether this is acceptable?

Edited by jaybird (see edit history)

We went to the Santa Clara Health Department this Tuesday and got vaccines of Tetanus, MMR, and also TB skin test. I had chicken pox when I was a kid, so I didn't get Varicella.

We went to the civil surgeon office today with the I-693 instructions, and managed to skip another full physical examination. The civil surgeon wrote 'VH'(varicella history) on the form, he said a Titer test wouldn't be necessary. However, the civil surgeon still required us to get the HPV vaccinated.

My TB skin test reading shows positive(55mm :ph34r: ), which means I would need a chest X-ray. I did the chest X-ray when I had the physical examination in China before the visa interview. I brought the X-ray tube with me today. And the civil surgeon thinks, since this chest X-ray I had is still within one year, it should be valid and we should give it a try. He copied my radiological report and enclosed it to the I-693 form. He said he would e-mail some connection in IRS and make sure. Do you guys have any idea whether this is acceptable?

Sounds like you had an Excellent Civil Surgeon! Yes this should be fine.

What did the doctor charge?

Here is a link to the civil surgeon locator. https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

I would map it out and start in an outward spiral until I found one that knows the law. At one time I had a link to a civil surgeon in Texas that would do it by mail but I lost it. This is a common problem. It seems that they are either trying to gouge people for more money or they don't know the law for K-visas.

So i talked to 2 Civil Surgeon and they both require new body checks

any advice?

doctor in China didn't give us any records...

Find a third, fourth, or take the I-693 instructions with you and point out where it says that K-1's don't need a new exam

The law says basically that applicants for Adjustment of Status NEED the medical exam. It takes a little more reading to see that it says, if you've had one in the last year you don't need another

There is a mail order surgeon, who will take your vaccination record Yellow book and transcribe it to the I-693 in Austin TX.

from one of Dan's posts:

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

my fiancee brought the forms and highlighted instructions and he refused to sign it without a full body check... damn these people!

Some doctors are shysters, and many of their receptionist are not much better.

As Randy indicated call the doctor in TX and do it by mail if you have to.

my fiancee brought the forms and highlighted instructions and he refused to sign it without a full body check... damn these people!

i might have to do this, even though i don't live in TX, its fine?

i might have to do this, even though i don't live in TX, its fine?

The doctor does not need to be near where you live, this is fine, he does them for people all over the USA by mail. Just call and then send him the vaccination record, and he will send it back to you along with a sealed I-693.