Atty Roth's GUZ Complaint

Wow, great reading. Back in 2004 just a few days before I joined CFL, I hired John Roth to handle my K-1 petition just as a security blanket. I'm glad to see he's out there like that actually trying to do something about it, and really seems to care.

Cool beans! Add your comments to his blog and support what he is trying to do for everybody. John is emailing his client list and asking them to comment on their experiences on his blog

Splinterman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting a face on the enemy. Check out this video. This is the person who is most likely causing our misery.

What a joke!

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...acobsenEng2.wmv

I just saw this - but I"m missing one thing - WHEN was this put on the website ? I'm wondering if it's some type of 'spin control' or if it's solely coming in as a series of videos for the 'Know Yer Consular Official' Series.

It is not spin control, it is just arrogance. This man doesn't give two shits about any of our relationships. He is responsible for the actions of his subordinates and for the deviation from law and federal regulation. His boss is also ignorant of impact these decisions have. Some people need to exercise power to feel important.

Compassion and understanding is not part of their consciousness.

Keep the faith,

Defendo

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Atty Roth got a response back from the April 15th letter sent to the President or to Hillary?

Atty Roth has done an excellent job for us and we appreciate his

efforts and expense in our behalf.

Andy :D

• 2 months later...

I wrote letters to my congressperson and senator months ago and never heard from them. But it is heartening to see others are doing something too!

Yep, so much for responsive government representatives...

I sent both of my Senators a copy of Attorney Roth's letter.

One Senator (Bill Nelson) acknowledged receipt 3 months ago and sent a letter saying I would hear back from him. That was 3 months ago and to date I have heard nothing.

The other Senator (Mel Martinez) was sent a copy of Attorney Roth's letter when I asked for help in expediting a Blue slip. They were already familiar with the letter as a number of people sent them copies. His office got back to me the next day - very responsive!

Their response was to have a 20 year old staffer call me and lecture me on 9/11, the evils of Communism and the burden on Guangzhou with "millions of Chinese seeking to leave China for the freedom of the United States". They offered no real help for expediting our Visa.

Further their office doesn't agree at all with any Attorney John Roth's letter. They believe there are no real problems in Guangzhou re: Visas other than volume. The Senator's office believes this letter was the result of "a bunch of disgruntled people on web sites spreading panic". They assert everything works smoothly at GUZ other than the problems due to volume.

Given this attitude, I doubt things will ever change.

American Families United is a PAC that is on the verge of effecting some real change. They have lobbied for an immigration bill that would address the issues of K-2s aging out both here and other countries. If you want to really make a difference then check them out and get involved.

I wrote letters to my congressperson and senator months ago and never heard from them. But it is heartening to see others are doing something too!
Sorry, but election season is over so good luck getting them to respond. If you want to pursue that course the next best thing to do is to call their office. Of course you'll never speak with the official but I promise you that the aide working with you will give you pretty straight dope. And 8 out of 10 times if they say they 'spoke to him about it..' they did. Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)
Sorry, but election season is over so good luck getting them to respond. If you want to pursue that course the next best thing to do is to call their office. Of course you'll never speak with the official but I promise you that the aide working with you will give you pretty straight dope. And 8 out of 10 times if they say they 'spoke to him about it..' they did.

ROFLMFAO .... keep the faith ....

And I can promise you that 9.99 out of 10 times (the 0.01 meaning your are a major campaign contributor, family, or "extended family") they did not give a flying s^&t about the issue or you.

Yep, so much for responsive government representatives...

I sent both of my Senators a copy of Attorney Roth's letter.

One Senator (Bill Nelson) acknowledged receipt 3 months ago and sent a letter saying I would hear back from him. That was 3 months ago and to date I have heard nothing.

The other Senator (Mel Martinez) was sent a copy of Attorney Roth's letter when I asked for help in expediting a Blue slip. They were already familiar with the letter as a number of people sent them copies. His office got back to me the next day - very responsive!

Their response was to have a 20 year old staffer call me and lecture me on 9/11, the evils of Communism and the burden on Guangzhou with "millions of Chinese seeking to leave China for the freedom of the United States". They offered no real help for expediting our Visa.

Further their office doesn't agree at all with any Attorney John Roth's letter. They believe there are no real problems in Guangzhou re: Visas other than volume. The Senator's office believes this letter was the result of "a bunch of disgruntled people on web sites spreading panic". They assert everything works smoothly at GUZ other than the problems due to volume.

Given this attitude, I doubt things will ever change.

Did anyone see the response he got from the DOS. It is posted on his blog. Should help clarify many things.

http://www.arctec.com/blog/DOSReply.pdf

Guest Wuhan4me

YEP. I saw it - Was really sad (if from mid-April).

IMO, it's a canned response. Think about it? 50+ pages of a question, and the response is half a page, mostly copied from existing boilerplate.

BAD FORM, IMO. (Not on Roth's part, but DOS). Actually smells like an intern's 'response' - as it did not reference (by item number) any of the things discussed in Roth's submittal.

Total Gloss.

My tax dollars (which are substantial), at work.

or to put it bluntly... f||cking wankers....

But hei - ya gotta start somewhere, yes?

Since this was a 'canned response' without any traceability to name, office or rank, ya gotta assume DOS isn't paying attention. For Now, IMO, that's OK - at least the letter was sent, a non-reply reply was sent back, and that reply can be attacked (in great detail, I might add).

Don't lose hope, keep the faith, there's many irons churning in this fire..

• 2 weeks later...

I've received some updated news from John Roth regarding the final results of his Complaint. I'm happy to report the following:

As many people here know from the latest series results of visa interviews, there have apparently been some changes in Guangzhou.

Attorney Roth has passed along that Goldberg is out and he has been replaced. There's now a new GC and also a new IV Chief in place-no name given so far-and that there is apparently a host of new attitudes being adopted by the consulate staff in Guangzhou, one of them being a willingness to commence improved cooperation with attorneys especially in meeting with them with regards to both policy AND in discussing individual cases. This can only result in good things for those couples who might have some flags in their cases which, under the Old Guard in GUZ, would have automatically resulted in at least a blue slip-and more probably-a deluge of white slips.

For those folks who lent their support to Attorney Roth's Complaint, this is the vindication we have all been waiting for. The change has finally come. So many couples who have just started the process, and those who are about to, may never know how remarkably different their results will be because of Mr. Roth's efforts and the support given by the folks here on CFL.

Congratulations to all, and a special 'thank you' to John Roth for all his hard work and dilligence in composing the Complaint was making sure it was noticed and acted upon by the right people. This didn't happen by accident.

Splinterman