K-1 denied at Guangzhou, CR-1 is approved and in NVC

I realized the significance of front-loading very early on....two years ago, as I recall. ;)

First, it was when I read the USCIS filing instruction: Submit as complete a packet as possible so the case can be adjudicated from what you submit. Submit a complete packet of information for each petition or application.

Next, when USCIS/DOS started requiring the new info/section to be included with the I-130: bona fides of marriage/relationship This significant change in the wind, was in early 2007, as I recall.

Finally, we started getting a lot of anecdotal information, from the post interview feedback reports. Many of the easy interviews were coupled with front-loaded files.

I also remember (very vividly) in early to mid to late 2007 and on into a part of 2008, some very negative feedback to my comments/opinions in this regard. This was from both some more senior members and some of the mod's.

At the time, I was still fairly new, and had not yet reached the interview stage, so I just started to keep my mouth shut. However, I followed my 'instincts' and submitted not only a fully front-loaded I-130 but also the same bona fides evidence and front loading in my I-129F file.

As it turned out, my wife and daughter's interview was very quick and easy by most standards. As I reported before, the VO commented favorably to my wife on the preparation of our case files.

I have approached the filing of the AOS files in the same manner.

This is a dyanamic process, and if you are watchful, you may be able to detect the changes as they occur and react to them accordingly.

Now I am a more senior member; therefore, I am less likely now, to just keep my mouth shut. B)

I realize how easy it must be to have a pink slip at the carnival ducky pond event...called the "interview" in Guangzhou, and reach around and pat yourself on the back and tell the world how smart you are, and how you went against all advice and did it your way, indicating how you even invented "front loading". :lol:

The truth of the matter is....the interview is a crap shoot...some's lucky on a particular day...some's not.

Now, as I "recall" back 7 or 8 months before a certain fellar even sent his application in, before I even found CFL, I "front loaded" the hell out of our K-1 application and sent it in.

Let me tell you, that application flew through the USCIS and the rest of the process and in, barely, 8 months we were at our interview.

Did I pat myself on the back and post all over CFL about that...nah, I just figgered I wuz just plum lucky, I also thought plenty of other people have done this same thing...I certainly didn't invent it. Then again, I'm jest not the egotistical type that some folks is.

Okay, we went to the interview and the lil' rabbit had a well co-ordinated double briefcase on wheels that had evidence of every question I had seen that had been asked, including every single question that a blue slip had ever asked for....except...the DNA test for our son, but, I even included a one hour DVD of a conversation the rabbit and I had in english.

We wuz loaded for California BEAR I tells ya.

Opps, we got a blue slip that asked for NO QUESTIONS...oh contraire. :) Could it have been because I "front loaded" the application? :P Nah, we just weren't LUCKY that day.

Let's wander on forward a short 23 months, since our interview, and look in on the folks at the USCIS, who had originally approved our application....

LO AND BEHOLD...they take another look-see at our application and without even asking me for a rebuttal letter to the denial that the DOS (Dregs Of Society) gave us, no sir, they just re-approved our application and sent it right back to the Dregs Of Society.

Now, wuz that because I had front loaded my application all to hell and back? I guess if'n I had a huge ego I could claim that...but, me, you've got it....I wuz jest plum lucky. Heck, there never was anything wrong with our paperwork to begin with....we jest weren't plum lucky at the interview, that's all.

Will I load up my I-130? Yes, but not because some else did. :P

Should YOU load up your I-129 or I-130? If you feel better doing it. The interview is only luck. The main thing is you don't need to blame or smear a mods face in your success, or failure. It's all about luck. :lol:

Good luck,

tsap seui

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said, tsapper. I'd like to add to that that no one else can tell you what to "load" in your package (front or back)

The way I like to put that is that you need to paint a pretty picture of a couple that deserves to be together. Over-loading, side loading, or any other loading may or may not help. Only you can judge what will look good

• 4 weeks later...

Well said, tsapper. I'd like to add to that that no one else can tell you what to "load" in your package (front or back)

The way I like to put that is that you need to paint a pretty picture of a couple that deserves to be together. Over-loading, side loading, or any other loading may or may not help. Only you can judge what will look good

What is front loading? :)

Here we come again. Guangzhou! Interiew date is set Aug. 31, 2009.

Mei

Mei,

There is one hell of a lot of information here.

I'm super glad to see that you have made it this far.

Good luck waiting out these last few weeks.

But I see you have reached the ZEN of calm!

I had to go into an assisted help program.......

regardless....CONGRATULATIONS

:partytime2: :mbounce: :bounce8:

What is front loading? :partytime2:

The loading of relationship evidence with the initial petition. This does 2 things - it satisfies a requirement of the I-130 for CR-1, and it gives you an opportunity to provide evidence - what I call "painting a pretty picture" - that will carry along with your file and be in the VO's hands prior to the interview.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Mei and I are at Guangzhou now. Interview is set next Monday 8/31.

I went to ACH on 8/24. The conversation was very constructive. She seems is a visa officer and she is a white american woman.

After listening to my questions, she brought up my wife's file and continued typing for around 15 minutes to her file while we were talking.

Now I do believe ACH is important because she typed a lot of information into the the computer and I believe the interview offcer will see the information.

Mei is very confident.

Please pray for us.

BTW, ran into another memeber of Candle Love at ACH.

Steve & Mei

Hi all,

I went to ACH on 8/24. The conversation was very constructive. She seems is a visa officer and she is a white american woman.

After listening to my questions, she brought up my wife's file and continued typing for around 15 minutes to her file while we were talking.

Now I do believe ACH is important because she typed a lot of information into the the computer and I believe the interview offcer will see the information.

Mei is very confident.

Please pray for us.

Steve & Mei

good luck!!

Hi all,

Mei is very confident.

Please pray for us.

Steve & Mei

PRAY FOR YOU??

You are the August anchor man!! The last guy in the relay race.

The book makers refuse to lay down odds!! Otherwise I would plunk down serious cash on this easy win!!!

You are the icing on the cake....The month of August has been pefect as far as CFL goes AND you are the one guy who has left nothing to chance.

I may not have many favors owed to me by the "folks up there" :o

So I have to put them to good use...

I pray for your happiness in the future together. :D

meanwhile enjoy your time in CHINA!!!

Hi all,

Steve & Mei

15 minutes??? :blink: :blink:

what the heck was she doing???

what questions did you ask?

Mike

B)

I am not a religious person, but my thoughts will be for you Steve and your Mei on 31. Yan and I will still be here in GZ since her friend will have an interview the same day and since her SO can not be here (he's in the Army and stationed in Cuba right now) so we want to help her and give some support.

I think we will breeze right through tomorrow. Every one knows that I got an attorney, but she was so worried also that she got one here as well. Some of the papers were doubled up on, but I used his since he also did some dups in chinese and being a sticker for detail I went with the english counterparts so that the type is the same on both english and chinese forms.

BTW, I highly recommend if you don't want to get an attorney in the USA, let your SO get one here. They are on the first floor in the same building and it's only 1,000 RMB. Ask for Cai Wei Qun ²ÌΰȺ. Very helpful, knows what they are going to ask for so he loaded up the papers in order and knows english to boot. He also grilled her just like the VO would hand threw in a few trick questions. Then afterwards he would comment on her answers, like "say it like this . . . . ." kind of thing. More on the "don't give more of an answer then they need" kind of comments.

I think we will breeze right through tomorrow.

of course she will ....!!

But of greater interest is the wedding plans...

YOU have started them right????

uuuuuum....you inviting CFL'rs?????

Are you gonna start a thread on the details????

The answere is yes!!.....

'cause we wanna know the Chinese influence,

the date, location, Yans reaction.....Blah blah blah

and etc etc

:lol:

Hi all,

Mei is very confident.

Please pray for us.

Steve & Mei

PRAY FOR YOU??

You are the August anchor man!! The last guy in the relay race.

The book makers refuse to lay down odds!! Otherwise I would plunk down serious cash on this easy win!!!

You are the icing on the cake....The month of August has been pefect as far as CFL goes AND you are the one guy who has left nothing to chance.

I may not have many favors owed to me by the "folks up there" :o

So I have to put them to good use...

I pray for your happiness in the future together. :lol:

meanwhile enjoy your time in CHINA!!!

Hi all,

Steve & Mei

15 minutes??? :blink: :blink:

what the heck was she doing???

what questions did you ask?

Mike

B)

One question I asked was both Mei and I are Chinese and we speak the same language which is Mandarin. I asked her and also kind of reminding her that will this have positive impact to prove the marriage is bona fide because we don't have communication problems at all.

After the question, she started typing like crazy. When she was typing, she paused a little bit and asked me when I was neutralized.

Then she kept typing again.

She again paused and asked how many trips I made to China and reminded me to bring the boarding passes and the passport stamps for the interview.

This looks like to me a pre-visa interview.

This is the reason that I believe ACH could be helpful for the case.

Surprisingly, Mei is very confident. I tried not to show my nervousness.

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Steve and Mei

Hi all,

Mei is very confident.

Please pray for us.

Steve & Mei

Like others said; each step performed in support of the case may or may not really help any relationship; GUZ has stated that just showing up at ACH does not do much but forces them to have less time to do interviews; they downplay ACH's usefulness but one should decide for themselves what to do.

But i will say that one should be considering along the entire process: what does it take to 'paint a good picture' (as randy said) and what makes you SO more and more confident. I would say that there may be some things which are not truly useful to the case but may be for her preparedness...

so, the moral of the story is: Know your gal and your case and 'do' accordingly.