K-1 denied at Guangzhou, CR-1 is approved and in NVC

did you pay anything, electronically ?

Yes, paid $400 IV fee electroniclly and $70 AOS fee by casher's check.

After I paid the fee, they gave me two bar codes. One barcode is for visa documents such as "police certificate" and the other one is for I-864 form and the supporting document. You need to include the cover sheet with the bar code on top of the documents you send and that's exactly what I did.

My case should be complete very soon in NVC.

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update on our case. CR-1 case was completed in NVC on 4/30/2009.

Called NVC and they are in the process to achedule the interview date with Guangzhou for us.

They told me it will very likely be sometime in June.

Will keep you updated. Thanks for the wonderful help here.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

i have one quick question:

my bro got his k1 denial also, on i130 part D question 2.

Did you ever file for this alien before: if yes name place and result?

Did you leave that blank or put your k1 visa in there

since he doesn't know the result and the case return to INS

The result was that the visa was denied and the case returned to USCIS

That's a good question, CoolGT. I don't know if I would fill it in or leave it blank. Leaving it blank might not be too bad but I think I would be afraid to do that. You can try leaving it blank and see what comes from it, if anything, but I think I will have to advise not to. Better safe than sorry. The choice is yours. Good Luck!

Randy is right....If you are filing an I-130 and part D question 2 asks "Did you ever file for this alien before: if yes name place and result?",,you are going to have to answer with K1 and denial.

If you leave it blank, and they caught you that could permanently keep you from filing again.

Your bro has to answer the same since his K1 was denied.

"2. Have you ever before filed a petition for this or any other alien?"

If "Yes," give name, place and date of filing and result.

Since I filed an I-130 for Ling since we were married...my answer was that I had filed for my 2nd ex-wife and her two children.

In your case...you have filed a petition (I-129F) and it was denied.

Tom and Ling

Hey - great news about approval on the I-130. One of the things that gets talked about here is the concept of 'front-loading', and for a CR-1, what to do to prove up that bonafide relationship.

Here's a recent thread about it:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35091

I'm of the opinion that if one doesn't front load, and expects to have things reviewed during the interview time at GUZ, well, that's mostly gonna hurt ya. Others have different opinions about it, of course.

There's some shortcuts to use whilst the case is at the NVC:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...'s_Shortcut

Should knock off 1 to 2 months of additional processing time.

As to what to bring to GUZ for the interview - man, that's hard to answer, for me, for a CR-1. If you are going in the building with her, you might want to give her your passport. What some have done prior to interview day is to go to ACH or ACS, and have something notarized, mentioning to the ConOff that it's for a visa interview coming up. USUALLY the ConOff you talk to during ACH/ACS will start talking to you about the case, as well, prior to the actualy interview. If this happens, thats a great thing in her favour. At this point, show him any other thing you thought she would be bringing in for evidence (for interview day) and 'get an opinion'. In many reports of members here, it turned out the COnOff at ACS/ACH was actually the Interviewing Officer on her Interview Day.

Welcome Aboard, and GOOD LUCK !

I have a few questions foregive me for being nieve in this process. By front loading do you mean submitting your evedince like phone records emails chat logs ect with your visa application or do you submitt it at a different time? I thought all that stuff was supposed to be taken to the interview or do you do both? I wrote a letter after my denial rebutting the consular findings I will be sending that with my petition.

The other is im not sure what these mean

COnOff ACS ACH

I assume COnOff is the person doing the interviewing or an interview person and the ACS and ACH is the place where they go for the interview the consulate.

I'm trying to think what we could have notorized before the interview day.

Read this post in the Ellis' Island thread. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=492032 It is the most convincing argument I have read to date in favor of front loading petitions. Something in the past I've been skeptical of but now am reconsidering my position.

Hey - great news about approval on the I-130. One of the things that gets talked about here is the concept of 'front-loading', and for a CR-1, what to do to prove up that bonafide relationship.

I'm of the opinion that if one doesn't front load, and expects to have things reviewed during the interview time at GUZ, well, that's mostly gonna hurt ya. Others have different opinions about it, of course.

As to what to bring to GUZ for the interview - man, that's hard to answer, for me, for a CR-1. If you are going in the building with her, you might want to give her your passport. What some have done prior to interview day is to go to ACH or ACS, and have something notarized, mentioning to the ConOff that it's for a visa interview coming up. USUALLY the ConOff you talk to during ACH/ACS will start talking to you about the case, as well, prior to the actualy interview. If this happens, thats a great thing in her favour. At this point, show him any other thing you thought she would be bringing in for evidence (for interview day) and 'get an opinion'. In many reports of members here, it turned out the COnOff at ACS/ACH was actually the Interviewing Officer on her Interview Day.

I have a few questions foregive me for being nieve in this process. By front loading do you mean submitting your evedince like phone records emails chat logs ect with your visa application or do you submitt it at a different time? I thought all that stuff was supposed to be taken to the interview or do you do both? I wrote a letter after my denial rebutting the consular findings I will be sending that with my petition.

COnOff ACS ACH

I assume COnOff is the person doing the interviewing or an interview person and the ACS and ACH is the place where they go for the interview the consulate.

Read this post in the Ellis' Island thread. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=492032 It is the most convincing argument I have read to date in favor of front loading petitions. Something in the past I've been skeptical of but now am reconsidering my position.

Well, it wasn't ME that might turn you around, but I'm glad yer thinking to turn around on front-loading.

Warmest Regards...

COnOff ACS ACH

Well, it wasn't ME that might turn you around, but I'm glad yer thinking to turn around on front-loading.

Warmest Regards...

one needs to be responsive to the times...

In Carl's time, front loading wasn't needed;

In my time, english wasn't needed;

Now, both appear to be a benefit

COnOff ACS ACH

Warmest Regards...

I realized the significance of front-loading very early on....two years ago, as I recall. ;)

First, it was when I read the USCIS filing instruction: Submit as complete a packet as possible so the case can be adjudicated from what you submit. Submit a complete packet of information for each petition or application.

Next, when USCIS/DOS started requiring the new info/section to be included with the I-130: bona fides of marriage/relationship This significant change in the wind, was in early 2007, as I recall.

Finally, we started getting a lot of anecdotal information, from the post interview feedback reports. Many of the easy interviews were coupled with front-loaded files.

I also remember (very vividly) in early to mid to late 2007 and on into a part of 2008, some very negative feedback to my comments/opinions in this regard. This was from both some more senior members and some of the mod's.

At the time, I was still fairly new, and had not yet reached the interview stage, so I just started to keep my mouth shut. However, I followed my 'instincts' and submitted not only a fully front-loaded I-130 but also the same bona fides evidence and front loading in my I-129F file.

As it turned out, my wife and daughter's interview was very quick and easy by most standards. As I reported before, the VO commented favorably to my wife on the preparation of our case files.

I have approached the filing of the AOS files in the same manner.

This is a dyanamic process, and if you are watchful, you may be able to detect the changes as they occur and react to them accordingly.

Now I am a more senior member; therefore, I am less likely now, to just keep my mouth shut. :yikes:

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

This is exactly the case. When we went through the process no one had even heard of front loading. I'm still a little skeptical of pointing out too many red flags before they become an issue. In cases where it is unavoidable since it will become known to the USCIS it is probably a good idea.

Now I am a more senior member; therefore, I am less likely now, to just keep my mouth shut. <_<

Roger - yer my personal hero - it's because of you that I learned just what the F*CK front-loading is all about - and make it an issue to anyone that needs it.

Perhaps we can convince DavidZ to change the FAQs, or submit our own written versions to be included ?

I am watching how the dynamics of the electronic processing at NVC is playing out - let's see how that goes...

Warmest Regards....

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

*Sigh* -

That's your observation, alas. Do you remember all the bickering between ME AND YOU about this very topic ? I am in shock that you would say one needs to be responsive to the times - sure, in general - that's a nice sentiment, and I don't mean to personally attack you - but....

My observation is that the front loading benefit started from OCT 2007, as that's when the I-130 instructions changed. (I'll suggest to you that with this bit, you were not observed to be responsive to the times)

My observation is that anyone will get tripped up by the 'english' bit IF AND ONLY IF the casefile seems scant.

But, this is not something worth bickering about, today (cause IME, prior bickering with you was fruitless) - except to blatantly note that it's taken you longer to 'catch on' - and I had hoped you'd get the FAQs changed to reflect, AT LEAST, the front-loading bits - hint hint, nudge nudge...

( Mei - my deepest apologies for hijaaking yer thread - I bow in the dust to you )

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

*Sigh* -

That's your observation, alas. Do you remember all the bickering between ME AND YOU about this very topic ? I am in shock that you would say one needs to be responsive to the times - sure, in general - that's a nice sentiment, and I don't mean to personally attack you - but....

My observation is that the front loading benefit started from OCT 2007, as that's when the I-130 instructions changed. (I'll suggest to you that with this bit, you were not observed to be responsive to the times)

My observation is that anyone will get tripped up by the 'english' bit IF AND ONLY IF the casefile seems scant.

But, this is not something worth bickering about, today (cause IME, prior bickering with you was fruitless) - except to blatantly note that it's taken you longer to 'catch on' - and I had hoped you'd get the FAQs changed to reflect, AT LEAST, the front-loading bits - hint hint, nudge nudge...

( Mei - my deepest apologies for hijaaking yer thread - I bow in the dust to you )

Several of us (including David) are from the Class of 2005, when the thinking here was to NOT volunteer any additional information that might raise a VO' s curiosity and trigger a blue slip. Mentioning your home equity on the Affidavit of Support, for example. My feeling at the time was (and still is) that you could submit material that would help to paint a pretty picture of your relationship, and not open these doors. Or better yet, open doors that could be easily closed. A feeling of cooperation in getting the visa is much better than an attitude of stone-walling in case you don't.

In my opinion, the worst piece of advice ever given on this board was just as bad then as it would be now:

I very experienced immigration attorney advises when asked if you know what time it is, there are only to possible answers: yes or no. Answer the question, not what you 'think' the question is.
Why wouldn't you volunteer the time? Edited by Randy W (see edit history)