Coincidence or...?

OK great news! We finally have our interview date!!! Here is the weird part. If you look at my time line you will see that we received the P# package on Lifeng's birthday. We received the P4 package and appointment day on Christmas Day. The interview day is on my birthday. I don't know if this is just one very big coincidence or if someone is having fun at the consulate. Either way we are looking at it as very good signs about the outcome for the interview. I only wish I could be there with her for the interview but like I said before the cost of building a new house and a trip to Guangzhou are too much to handle right now.

Wish us luck.

Aloha Ed

OK great news! We finally have our interview date!!! Here is the weird part. If you look at my time line you will see that we received the P# package on Lifeng's birthday. We received the P4 package and appointment day on Christmas Day. The interview day is on my birthday. I don't know if this is just one very big coincidence or if someone is having fun at the consulate. Either way we are looking at it as very good signs about the outcome for the interview. I only wish I could be there with her for the interview but like I said before the cost of building a new house and a trip to Guangzhou are too much to handle right now.

Wish us luck.

Aloha Ed

Not to mention how fast your application is moving. Whew.. Nice work. Best of luck to you.

• 2 months later...

Hawaiibear, My fiance Ling. had interview Jan 20th 2009 also. She was given a blue slip as well. We have now completed all the info she VO (what does this stand for?) requested and will send to her this week.

My question... I see you have already sent this info that was requested of you, how long did you wait for G-zhou to respond? Did they give the visa once you sent everything? We are wondering how much longer we must wait..

Hopefully you have gotten your visa by now. I tried to e-mail you but I believe it did not go through. Hopefully you will read this. You can post a reply on the general discussion forum, I will look for it there. thanks and good luck with your future!! Jim

Hawaiibear, My fiance Ling. had interview Jan 20th 2009 also. She was given a blue slip as well. We have now completed all the info she VO (what does this stand for?) requested and will send to her this week.

My question... I see you have already sent this info that was requested of you, how long did you wait for G-zhou to respond? Did they give the visa once you sent everything? We are wondering how much longer we must wait..

Hopefully you have gotten your visa by now. I tried to e-mail you but I believe it did not go through. Hopefully you will read this. You can post a reply on the general discussion forum, I will look for it there. thanks and good luck with your future!! Jim

VO = Visa Officer

Our original interview date was January 20th as well. However, my fiancee had an issue with her medical, so we are re-scheduled for April 8. The plus side of this is it sounds like more people are getting pink than was happening in January, and the time delay has allowed me to build up enough vacation to be there for moral support this time.

As other have asked, did you overcome your blue?

We have not overcome the "blue" yet but we will send all the requested info this week-end. My son is a co-sponsor now, and the woman wanted his W-2's every year since 2005. His boss was kind of a jerk and really, they took their sweet time sending this to us. First they sent all of them but 2005. My fiance Ling did not want to send the package without this one. She was afraid of more delays. We decided to wait for the 2005 w-2 which arrived this week. So hopefully G-zhou has everything they asked for. We feel confident this time,...... we felt confident last time though. Just keep our fingers crossed...

I hope all of us who got the blue slip Jan 20th have wondeful luck in our followup. I hope all of us who sincerly love our significant other here have all good things come our way.. Legal immigration has been tedious, stressful, and takes such a long time.. We deserve to be with the one we love..

This is my observation... and that only. Seems there are government rules for all of these processes, and then VO interpretations and requests. Sometimes they seem very different.

My best to all!!! Jimu

Did your son get IRS transcripts? It is the easiest way to get all the tax information needed for the I-864. For 2008, we supplied a copy of the 1040, a copy of the efile receipt, and a copy of the refund check we received. For 2008, I also attached the extra copy of the 2008 W-2's. We hope everything goes well for you all, Mike & Yizhen