Guangzhou Jan 20th

Our day is coming, Ling got her appointment January 20, 2009. We think and hope we have all in order. She is nervous, I feel secure. ;) Say a little prayer for us..

It happens just as Chinese New Year begins, so for her(and me) I hope a nice way to begin the new year.

I want to thank all of you who have answered the questions we have had throughout this process. We wish everybody the best of luck, a Merry Christmas and Happy New year, in all countries and in all cultures.

May the sun shine upon you, may all love surround you, may the pure light within you guide your way home... that is you, and the one you love.. Jimu

Normally business stoppage commences on the first day of Spring festival which will happen on Jan 25th this year.

chinese new year is consider a big holiday in china. goverment office may closed for a week and commerical business closed for 2 or 3 days. you may need to check with someone in china. my information came from my wife in china.

• 3 weeks later...

Our day is coming, Ling got her appointment January 20, 2009. We think and hope we have all in order. She is nervous, I feel secure. :coolthumb: Say a little prayer for us..

It happens just as Chinese New Year begins, so for her(and me) I hope a nice way to begin the new year.

I want to thank all of you who have answered the questions we have had throughout this process. We wish everybody the best of luck, a Merry Christmas and Happy New year, in all countries and in all cultures.

May the sun shine upon you, may all love surround you, may the pure light within you guide your way home... that is you, and the one you love.. Jimu

oh my fiance is going on the same day... we are very nervous too.... hope all goes well to you guys... and happy new year!!!

Just a quick 'nudge' - If you have to get fingerprints taken, ask the technician IF they 'took' - ie - was it a good process, just then. If you get a shrug , ask them to check it. We've seen a few 'fingerprints were messed up, come back in a few weeks' reports here recently, which can totally mess up your travel plans.

So if your fingerprints didn't 'take' that first time, stay there and get a re-take, until the technician certifies (at least verbally with you) that it was a good take. If he/she refuses to do this, ask to talk to his/her boss, and if still not able to get it checked right then and there - give a SLIP OF PAPER to the technician or his boss, with yer GUZ number, yer handphone number, and yer name in english and chinese, with the quick note 'CALL ME IF YOU NEED TO REDO MY FINGERPRINTS'.

I pray none of you have fingerprint issues on the 20th.

Also - ASK THE VO if the name check is complete during the interview. If they say no, ask them for an approximate date when it will be completed.

Warmest Regards..

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)