Richard and I are in Harbin (Shanghai) now!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard and Amanda, I agree with Joanne.

As Ping and I have watched your story unfold from its beginning, we have been impressed by what a great match the two of you seem to be. You both look like wholesome, honest, intelligent, and happy people. We are sure there are many happy couples on CFL, but the two of you have stood out as among the very happiest, in our mind.

Ping and I wish you the best.

Did you guys take a river cruise or was it too chilly?

Dave

Today we went to Nanjing Rd, very crowded of course and we walked all the way to the river, then after sundown walked along the "lover's wall" as my wife assures me this is what it is called. I asked her, how do you know this is the name? She says trust me I am Chinese :lol: During our walk I must have been offered at least 20-30 times to buy a watch, or some other stuff that I just ignored. We didn't do the river boat tour as it was cool but we did walk the length of the "lover's wall" and took in all the sights. Following are some more photo's.

Richard & Amanda

Richard and Amanda, I agree with Joanne.

As Ping and I have watched your story unfold from its beginning, we have been impressed by what a great match the two of you seem to be. You both look like wholesome, honest, intelligent, and happy people. We are sure there are many happy couples on CFL, but the two of you have stood out as among the very happiest, in our mind.

Ping and I wish you the best.

Toplaw & Ping

Thank you for your gracious words, Amanda & I are very happy with each other and grateful, thinking about how we met on the internet and how easy it would have been for circumstances to have been otherwise. While we are by no means perfect we try to keep in perspective the things in life that are important. Our smooth journey so far, has been because others on CFL are willing to share their time and experience with us and everyone else who has yet to cross that line with a pink slip in hand.

Richard

We have been in Shanghai for a few days.

Shanghai has very different sights from Beijing not only because of its biggest city in China but also its modern style.

I have hard time to understand local people talking in Shanghai language while I have no difficulty to understand English.

I often ask myself " Am I a real Chinese?", Which makes my husband laugh at me, B) :)

There are many foreigners in Shanghai. It is good for us that not as many people as other cities who would like to guess the relationship between my husband and me, :P

Once after we were taken photos, a Chinese woman wanted to take pic with my husband without asking for any permission. She might think I was a translator of my husband instead of his wife, :huh:

We will plan to travel to Suzhou tomorrow.

Once after we were taken photos, a Chinese woman wanted to take pic with my husband without asking for any permission. :unsure:

Next time ask for 5RMB if they want to use Richard as their costum. :lol:

My husband has more photos with strangers than with me. :D