Another sob story

He gives her $40 per month to spend in the Chinese supermarket

(2 X $20 per month)

She has her EAD Card,yet she is not permitted to take any job outside the home.

Her English is very poor.

Some neighbors ocassionally giver her meat and vegetables,but

when he eats it,he never questions where it came from,he did not pay for it and he never gives her any money.

She only cleans the home and does the yard work.

She was turned down for the Green Card,because she was not able to answer any of the questions,because her English is so poor,due to her being isolated in the home.

Even after all this time,the way they communicate in the home is very primitive.

She does not know her husbands salary.

THIS IS ALL DISTURBING TO ME AND MY WIFE!

We have been monitoring this for several months,and these are the most recent things she is telling my wife.

No Green Card,no job,no money for a ticket to China and no hope of exposure to the English language.

I think she needs:

1)To understand her rights.

2)Have a CONFIRMED "safe haven" she could go to if she ever decided to make like a tree and leave.

I had a bad feeling about this dude the minute I saw him.

This dude is a real piece of work!

(Met them in the supermarket.Strong looking honest north country woman.If you ever saw this dude,I dont think he is capable of having an "online relationship",unless he paid someone to do it for him.

Real trashy dude.You know,just look at his car and you can tell what kind of dude he is.Its not possible any American woman would be attracted to him.Creepy dude.)

Edited by Threadbare (see edit history)
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TB - you dinna need to ask about this here...

I think she needs:

1)To understand her rights.

2)Have a CONFIRMED "safe haven" she could go to if she ever decided to make like a tree and leave.

Each county has social services. Are you calling social services, asking for referrals? If not, you should.

I know you've moved around a lot, but did you stay put somewhere long enough to get the phone directories delivered to you? Check the yellow pages under 'county' or 'government'. If you don't have a set of phone books, at least get to the library and use the ones there.

Don't underestimate the power of the telephone.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Listen you need to call the police NOW.

While this guy is a loser and the girl is not being treated well: Exactly what law do you see being broken in the list of concerns Threadbare has written?

Guys like this are not that uncommon. There's nothing the police can do unless a law has been broken.

Maybe her not being fed correctly,... but like Richard said, no law is being broken, is he hurting her physically?

Unless, you have your wife talk to her to find out her wishes, I'm not sure what could be done. Just the same, very sad.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

Listen you need to call the police NOW.

While this guy is a loser and the girl is not being treated well: Exactly what law do you see being broken in the list of concerns Threadbare has written?

Guys like this are not that uncommon. There's nothing the police can do unless a law has been broken.

How about unlawful imprisonment?

I don't understand the purpose of you posting this story. Just involve the authority to aid this woman. Human rights is human rights and by the tone of your post... This woman is being abused.

Do the right thing Mr. Threadbare... Please!

I think the best thing to do is get her in touch with a Chinese speaking person who can explain her options to her.

Of course we have not been told of any abuse,and maybe she actually likes the guy,but there are RED FLAG situations going on here.

I want her to know her choices.

She could stay in our house,but I think its very important that an informed person explain all of her options to her BEFORE she decides to go anywhere.

If he keeps her isolated and she never learns English,she wont get her Green Card ,then she could get deported.

She was instructed at her most recent Green Card interview

"You need to learn better English in order to get a Green Card".

She is being isolated from work and has no opportunity to learn English.

Thats enough for me to see this is 40 miles of dirt road.

Edited by Threadbare (see edit history)

There is no English requirement to get a green card. She should have taken an interpreter to the interview. The IO could doubt the validity of thier relationship based on communication but if she were to file for AOS on her own because of abuse she would not have to understand English.

I would feel much better if you called county social services and ask for a referral on her behalf. Otherwise, yer just spinning yer wheels here - this 'level of anonymnity' mostly guarantees you'll get no action on CFL.