OH...TODAY is the day for us. 1 Sep US, 2 Sep in GZ. In fact, Lin is at the victory hotel right now after getting back from the morning visit to the consulate.

She always amazes me. Get this, she went in at 7:15 this morning (she deosn't like to get up early) for an 8:30 appt even though I thought 6 am would be a better time. There were many people there waiting already, maybe 40 or so. WELL she is all dolled up, and -- no disrespect to any other ladies here -- she is strikingly beautiful, you know the kind of woman who comes into a room and every guy looks? Yeah, thats her. So, she goes up to the guards...all male of course...to ask them what to do and puts on this big smile. Well guess who they took in right away? yeah, I guess she knows how to twist guys around her finger. She was in and out in 30 minutes. They took her paperwork and chatted with her in deutsche (she went to school in Zurich) and then english...and said come back at `1:30 for the interview, he'd see her later (wink wink). Geeze. I had told her to dress conservative, she told me, no...sexy is better. Of course, sexy in china is normal USA dress. Anyway..we'll find out in a few hours. IN the meantime, I am on pins and needles and my stomache is churning...and she says don't worry about it. Wish I had her confidence. I'll post the results later in this thread.

btw thanks to everyone here for helping to get us this far...without this forum we'd have been out there treading water still. Should have visa in hand either today OR tomorrow. She doesn't want to wait until tomorrow and has already asked one of the guys to see if they can somehow manage to do that for her. Wish I could bottle that influence and sell it, I'd be rich.

VISA APPROVED!! WHOWWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :V: :V: :V: : :) :) :) :D

We are very happy....she is going back home to start packing.

Quick recap: she went in at 1 for a 1:30 appointment, about 100 people waiting. Got in at 3, the VO was a woman. Interview done at window #12. She first said hello how are you in Chinese, and Lin answered in english, the rest of the interview was in english. She asked how we met, how long it had been since we first met, where I lived and what my job was. The only thing she wanted to see was my passport. Of course, Lin wanted to show her everything as she had brought everything to the interview but the kitchen sink. I had prepared the affidavait of support and last years taxes but they didn't want to see that either. Lin said the VO was very serious, no small talk, no smiles.

Sacman...we did turn in two copies of the 156K...two in chinese, two in english. We were lucky in that Lin had prepared everything correctly. There were several ladies who were sent back to redo some paperwork and were in/out of the consulate several times. So, they do not just arbitrarily reject you for not having done all the paperwork.

Also, there were 4 ladies ahead of Lin who did not speak much english and they got their visas as well. They were all coming to the US.

PIcking the visa up at 4 pm tomorrow. The wait is over and life is good.