Guest WenDylan

When printing up chat logs for your SO's interview how many do you print if you have no way to put them disk?

Enough to prove a bonafide relationship...? The more the better I would assume? Even if it is long, it is the reason behind your future marriage and the communication between you both, so I would think if you immersed them in deep and overwhelming pages, the VO would look through it and see that it is not fake, and know it is bonafide. Yes?

When printing up chat logs for your SO's interview how many do you print if you have no way to put them disk?

LOL - Good topic... I pasted the whole thing into Word, and well, lets just say that my company would have me planting replacement trees for years if I tried to print it all! So I figured I'd just print 3 days worth a month (1st, 10th, and 20th) it's only been 3 1/2 months and that came to 60 pages, so I'm cutting further to 2 pages for each of those 3 days a month, editing out some of the more, ummm, intimate parts! I think that'll be good enough! Plus I'm going to give her the whole shebang on a flash drive if they really want to see it all, even the spicy stuff. As long as we accomplish the goal, who cares right?

LOL - Good topic... I pasted the whole thing into Word, and well, lets just say that my company would have me planting replacement trees for years if I tried to print it all! So I figured I'd just print 3 days worth a month (1st, 10th, and 20th) it's only been 3 1/2 months and that came to 60 pages, so I'm cutting further to 2 pages for each of those 3 days a month, editing out some of the more, ummm, intimate parts! I think that'll be good enough! Plus I'm going to give her the whole shebang on a flash drive if they really want to see it all, even the spicy stuff. As long as we accomplish the goal, who cares right?

Well I checked mine and it was over 3000 pages, I am a logger and it would keep me in business but it is a huge waste of time and ink
Guest WenDylan

Well I checked mine and it was over 3000 pages, I am a logger and it would keep me in business but it is a huge waste of time and ink

Can you extend page margins, and condense the text to a smaller size and font?

Then print piratically per week or a certain day if it is still too much... depending on the duration of the start of the chat, I would have to reconsider what to do?

Can you extend page margins, and condense the text to a smaller size and font?

Then print piratically per week or a certain day if it is still too much... depending on the duration of the start of the chat, I would have to reconsider what to do?

This is something my fiance and I have been discussing as well. How much is enough? And does it absolutely have to be printed out? I would gladly buy a jumpdrive for them if we could give them a text or doc file with everything on it. Easier for us....easier for them to read (in my opinion)...win-win??

Also, we talk on YIM, so everything is encrypted. I don't know how it is with other IM programs, but it's kind of a pain when putting into another text. If I print directly from the archive, it only prints one physical page worth....(unless there's another way to print everything out). We could copy and paste from the archive, but when doing that the emoticons (which we're VERY big into using) don't copy with it. We're using a YIM decoder program to convert everything into text, including the symbols for the emoticons. Is it bad to do to use the decoder?

I want to give them all our conversations (well....maybe not all :D :offtopic:) but printing out everything would take HUGE amounts of paper and ink. But in this case, more is better....right?

- Tonoue

Putting chat logs on flash drives or discs will do absolutely no good. They must be printed on paper. Chat logs only show the number of times, the dates, and to whom you are chatting. It does not include any of the conversations. The conversations are separate and including 2-3 complete chat sessions each month will suffice. The conversations need to be about family and future plans together.

Guest WenDylan

Putting chat logs on flash drives or discs will do absolutely no good. They must be printed on paper. Chat logs only show the number of times, the dates, and to whom you are chatting. It does not include any of the conversations. The conversations are separate and including 2-3 complete chat sessions each month will suffice. The conversations need to be about family and future plans together.

Good advice... thanks!

I lost count of how many pages of chat logs and other paperwork I have sent my sweetheart. She kept asking for more so checking all the receipts it looks like 5 boxes with a total weight of 71 pounds. Now she is complaining of how she is going to carry it all. I hate to think how many trees I killed.

Guest Tony n Terrific

My chat record with my SO is over 350 pages. I do not think you need to bring every chat with you. Maybe 5 or so over your courtship period. Include some of your e-mail correspondence maybe 10-15 e-mails and some other forms of communication such as some greeting card mailed to your SO from the USA. The cost is reasonable for regular mail it is only .94 and takes about 15 days to arrive to your SO.

As well as your boarding passes and photos of you and her together.

The key here is not a ton of paper work but proving to your VO that your realtionship is bonafide.

What about phone records? I use Skype to call her cell phone and have saved all my logs for the past 6 months. They show who I called by the phone number, the date the call was made, the time spent on each call, and the amount charged for the call.

We don't send out too many e-mails, maybe 5 during the whole time we've been together, as we tend to favor spending our time actually talking to each on YIM. But I have every e-mail from delivery/mail services regarding flowers or presents I sent her, plus sending her money via western union.

I do try to send text messages to her phone to say hello, wish her a good day, miss her, and love her. Should (or can) we print those out as well?

Will any one of these help or be detrimental?

- Tonoue

Edited by Tonoue (see edit history)

My hubby's interview will be in two weeks. We printed over 400 pages of MSN chat history. (Thanks to my company's commerical printer!!) Also, the phone record (Pingo.com) adds up to about 20 pages each month. I call him 3 times a day. We are going to bring everything in. Most of the documents will probably never asked for at the interview, but the kitchen sink certainly gives my hubby more confidence.

My hubby's interview will be in two weeks. We printed over 400 pages of MSN chat history. (Thanks to my company's commerical printer!!) Also, the phone record (Pingo.com) adds up to about 20 pages each month. I call him 3 times a day. We are going to bring everything in. Most of the documents will probably never asked for at the interview, but the kitchen sink certainly gives my hubby more confidence.

For Instant Messenger, I will be providing a minimum of documentary evidence. What is mentioned above by Chilton747, would appear to be level-headed advice. The fact that printouts of something that could be forged by a computer-illiterate have anything to do with proof in this process is just proof the process is broken.

I will repeat the referenced advice here:

"They [ chat logs ] must be printed on paper. Chat logs only show the number of times, the dates, and to whom you are chatting. It does not include any of the conversations. The conversations are separate and including 2-3 complete chat sessions each month will suffice. The conversations need to be about family and future plans together."

thank you.

Guest Rob & Jin

For Instant Messenger, I will be providing a minimum of documentary evidence. What is mentioned above by Chilton747, would appear to be level-headed advice. The fact that printouts of something that could be forged by a computer-illiterate have anything to do with proof in this process is just proof the process is broken.

I will repeat the referenced advice here:

"They [ chat logs ] must be printed on paper. Chat logs only show the number of times, the dates, and to whom you are chatting. It does not include any of the conversations. The conversations are separate and including 2-3 complete chat sessions each month will suffice. The conversations need to be about family and future plans together."

thank you.

screen shots do though , plus it shows who you are talkining to :)

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)