"Evolution of Relationship" letter

Homer, I understand your frustration, just give want they are asking for.

For the others following, I have said it before and I will say it again, get your passport and evolution letter copied and notarized at ACS before the interview, GO TO ACH, introduce yourself ask questions, ask them if you can give them any evidence, be smart play the game.

Being there in my opinion is invaluable, dont leave things to chance.

JMHO

Is there any other way to get your letter in front of them say..If your SO interview is scheduled on a Monday (which screws your ability to attend ACH if you don't fly in over a week early)?

I also wanted to ask if there is a sample evidence of relationship letter on CFL somewhere. I can't seem to find one.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take it to ACS on the Friday before :)

I thought that there was a change and the service is only available on Monday. Is that true or not? I'm getting confused on this maybe I'm not sure what ACS is compared to ACH.

I'm also confused about the wait time on the visa. Some people are reporting (and Mr. Yang told us) that the wait time on the visa is taking 10- 14 days but I'm seeing on visajourney timelines (thanks to the link supplied by JeffUSC) where recently there is only a 2 day wait between the interview and visa receipt. Can anyone clear these things up for me?

Our interview is June 30th and I'm going to be there with my girl for it. A 10 day delay would really screw up our planning and not very convenient since June is from way up north in Shenyang.

-Roger

I thought that there was a change and the service is only available on Monday. Is that true or not? I'm getting confused on this maybe I'm not sure what ACS is compared to ACH.

I'm also confused about the wait time on the visa. Some people are reporting (and Mr. Yang told us) that the wait time on the visa is taking 10- 14 days but I'm seeing on visajourney timelines (thanks to the link supplied by JeffUSC) where recently there is only a 2 day wait between the interview and visa receipt. Can anyone clear these things up for me?

Our interview is June 30th and I'm going to be there with my girl for it. A 10 day delay would really screw up our planning and not very convenient since June is from way up north in Shenyang.

-Roger

ACS is American Citizens' Services and ACH is American's Citizens' Hour. You can drop stuff off at ACS and attend the ACH on Mondays. Actually, you will have no idea when you will get the visa in the passport so you are at their mercy. They don't care about anyone's inconveniences. Best to have plan B just in case.

Homer, I understand your frustration, just give want they are asking for.

For the others following, I have said it before and I will say it again, get your passport and evolution letter copied and notarized at ACS before the interview, GO TO ACH, introduce yourself ask questions, ask them if you can give them any evidence, be smart play the game.

Being there in my opinion is invaluable, dont leave things to chance.

JMHO

Is there any other way to get your letter in front of them say..If your SO interview is scheduled on a Monday (which screws your ability to attend ACH if you don't fly in over a week early)?

I also wanted to ask if there is a sample evidence of relationship letter on CFL somewhere. I can't seem to find one.

I approached the 'Evolution of Relationship' letter, as a chronology of the relationship, from inception to the date I signed the document.

I had a marriage in China and a lot of visits, so mine was over four typed pages long (against the advice of some others last year) and I also wrote from my heart, and did not supply just a technical letter of dates and places. I included my strong feelings for Lao Po and what she meant to me, my children and my life.

I included one version with my I-130 for CR-1 and 2, and then another version later, with my I-129F for the K-3 and 4, as I had one more visit in between the mailing of the two documents. I then prepared a third version, with the latest updates to the relationship for my wife to take to the interview, should it be requested. The third version was not requested; however, I am quite certain the previous document which USCIS and GUZ had available with the petition, was read and noted.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Roger,

Yes and No

It is taking some people up to 2 weeks to get it. My fiancee has been helping out with paperwork and interpreting while she was waiting for her visa. I know Mr Yang appreciated that. She had also been talking to alot of people there. CR1 people seem to be getting their visa a little later. I know that some people who had been getting their Visa's the next day. My fiancee interview was on the 12th and recieved hers today. (4 days because of the weekend) otherwise it would have been 2 days. I did write a nice email to them on Friday the 13th and my fiancee received a call stating not to worry and look on the internet at 5pm and to pick up the following day. The following day it was there.

If you treat them with respect, you will get a favorable response.

jimncherry

-Roger

Thanks everybody for your inputs on this thread.

I have often wondered if notes were added to cases at USCIS and if these were passed on to GUZ. I guess it doesn't matter since we don't know what those notes are and probably never will although it would be nice to know about concerns in advance so that preparations can be made. Maybe that is why they don¡¯t? So that ¡°preparations¡± can¡¯t be made in advance in the event that someone was trying to defraud the system, they would have time to make a better game plan if they knew up front the concerns.

I appreciate the info on updating evolution of relationship letters and how to possibly get them into the case before the interview. I had prepared an evolution letter when I filed the I-130 but did not send it because I was trying to do everything by the book. I don¡¯t recall the instructions saying anything about ¡°front loading¡± so I didn¡¯t in the spirit of the reduction of paperwork act. Like anyone who is in a bona fide relationship it has evolved since the I-130 was filed. Significantly in my case since I went to live with my wife for 6 weeks in between my job change. I can honestly say those 6 weeks were the only time in this whole process where I felt like I had a family life. I often think of those days to remind me of what normal daily life is ¡­

I have been here awhile and seen many "fads" go by. You need to do this or do this. The only constant is that there is no real process or consistency. Just accept that there is no transparency, we are just quessing at what they doing and what the motives are. I would not assume there is a formula for winning. Over the long haul; the best approach appears to be: meet the minimum requirements, demonstrate as best as possible a relationship and hope for the best. Do the "extra's" that put your mind at peace that you have done the best. There is no formula !

For example - I may think that the 2 year wait before we filed the I-129F and my dozen or so vists helped our case - I would not suggest that is what anyone else should do. I was sweating bullets until she came down with the approval, the last one down for that morning

I have been here awhile and seen many "fads" go by. You need to do this or do this. The only constant is that there is no real process or consistency. Just accept that there is no transparency, we are just quessing at what they doing and what the motives are. I would not assume there is a formula for winning. Over the long haul; the best approach appears to be: meet the minimum requirements, demonstrate as best as possible a relationship and hope for the best. Do the "extra's" that put your mind at peace that you have done the best. There is no formula !

For example - I may think that the 2 year wait before we filed the I-129F and my dozen or so vists helped our case - I would not suggest that is what anyone else should do. I was sweating bullets until she came down with the approval, the last one down for that morning

While, I am a proponent of going over to quickly meet "who" you have been talkin' to on the "internet", I think Ed's wise post says something about strengthening an application, and most importantly YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH A PERSON, that never gets much airplay here; waiting a bit to file an application.

:) Okay, start throwin' them rocks boys, I can take it, heck, I took the best the gubment of the gal'dang United States of america could throw at me, and here I stand. :bounce8: And I know all you swingin' Richards have got the strongest relationship Budda ever created between man and woman, but I think it makes some sense as it would lessen some of the speculation and conjecture in a VO's mind, if that's even possible. :bounce8:

tsap seui

Ed and tsap, That was the point I was trying to make whenever I say it's a crap shoot overthere in GUZ. Things [what they look for] seem to change. With all due respect for those who think different, sometimes folks who've got all the paperwork in order do get a blue. Or three :) We're all in the same boat, some of us are a little further along is all.

Ed and tsap, That was the point I was trying to make whenever I say it's a crap shoot overthere in GUZ. Things [what they look for] seem to change. With all due respect for those who think different, sometimes folks who've got all the paperwork in order do get a blue. Or three :lol: We're all in the same boat, some of us are a little further along is all.

George, you sure said a lot in a single paragraph. ;) And I really like Ed's approach.

Some think it's all in their paperwork and being nice to VO's. Well, many have done that very same thing and gotten AP blue slips or "better" :lol: and had to wait to be together. Your case is a perfect example and there are a dozen or so that I know of that are waiting out their time, as you did.

And I now know of a few who got their woman over here quickly...and...uh oh....they only "knew them" from the "honeymoon" trips. :) And no, the typical wait time for P-3's and the interview is NOT REAL STRESS, unless you're 15 years old and/or didn't make subsequent trips to see your mate as you waited. :lol: :lol:

Now that 10 months of gubmental crap are over with, for us, and the smoke of that denial hurt is blowing away more and more each day. I can only look at that experience as a gift. The gift of us well understanding in each other, just how we work/or not when the real shit hits the fan and the stress in the air is so thick it could be cut with a knife. :lol: Heck, we've had the honeymoon...and, the gubmit and other outside interference in our relationship. Other than losing a child I don't know what more intense relationship stressors we could go through. :lol:

I hope no one else gets to have their relationship "tested" with stressors. George and his wife are in america, where they chose to be, and are good examples that you can make it, even if silly lil' false gods at a crap shoot say your relationship isn't bona fide. :lol:

Good luck everyone, happiness is what you make it, even when the chips are down.

tsap seui

I appreciate the info on updating evolution of relationship letters and how to possibly get them into the case before the interview. I had prepared an evolution letter when I filed the I-130 but did not send it because I was trying to do everything by the book. I don¡¯t recall the instructions saying anything about ¡°front loading¡± so I didn¡¯t in the spirit of the reduction of paperwork act. Like anyone who is in a bona fide relationship it has evolved since the I-130 was filed. Significantly in my case since I went to live with my wife for 6 weeks in between my job change. I can honestly say those 6 weeks were the only time in this whole process where I felt like I had a family life. I often think of those days to remind me of what normal daily life is ¡­

You make some very sensible comments here, and I understand all that you say and why you reached certain conclusions.

The paperwork reduction act, was implemented to minimize the paperwork burden for individuals, small businesses, and non-profits. It is directed at the federal government entity, for minimizing the paperwork required to complete a given task; and not the individual, who might be supplying info/data to the government.

Moreover, as I have mentioned in previous posts, I keyed in on a small sentence in the USCIS online instructions for completion of the packages.

I tried to interject this info into a couple of threads and several posts over the past 18 months, but no one ever commented and/or expanded on this facet.

¡°Submit as complete a packet as possible so the case can be adjudicated from what you submit. Submit a complete packet of information for each petition or application.¡±

The word ¡®complete¡¯ was in bold print on their info page. I viewed this as a real clue and followed this direction, in completing my two I-130 and two I-129F petitions.

And right you are[no sarcasm intended] as usual, rogerinca. Just another case of the rules of the "game" changing. Sure would be nice if "they" would tell us. But then the scammers would know and ... But at least you're in a different line now, right? Things are going as well for ya as you hoped/thought they would?

Rog,

Your right on the point, when the Government, Highlights or put a word or sentence in bold print, this is veiwed as very important or key point to remember.

My expeirence on Gov. rules and regulations, is when reading, don't interject anything into the sentence, read as it is written (face value), don't try to interpret the word or sentence to meet your needs, as this is incorrect!

You make some very sensible comments here, and I understand all that you say and why you reached certain conclusions.

The paperwork reduction act, was implemented to minimize the paperwork burden for individuals, small businesses, and non-profits. It is directed at the federal government entity, for minimizing the paperwork required to complete a given task; and not the individual, who might be supplying info/data to the government.

Moreover, as I have mentioned in previous posts, I keyed in on a small sentence in the USCIS online instructions for completion of the packages.

I tried to interject this info into a couple of threads and several posts over the past 18 months, but no one ever commented and/or expanded on this facet.

¡°Submit as complete a packet as possible so the case can be adjudicated from what you submit. Submit a complete packet of information for each petition or application.¡±

The word ¡®complete¡¯ was in bold print on their info page. I viewed this as a real clue and followed this direction, in completing my two I-130 and two I-129F petitions.