PINK IT IS !!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Mary and I are so happy for you! I can imagine the joy you, your wife and your daughter are feeling at this moment.

All of the pink slips and reports of polite interviews give those of us that are waiting hope! After all of the horror stories from the past, this is great news!

Your story and ours are quite similar. My wife has a 13 year old daughter and I too am a police officer.

My heart goes out to all of those who have waited so long. I pray for each of you.

Now, bring your family home!

:toot: :toot: :) CONGRATULATIONS!!! B) :toot: :toot:

To you and your family Roger. You've been a rock for anyone who's needed help here and obviously a rock for your gals.

Great job on the prep! Sounds like you both really wowed the VO. :)

Now get those visas and bring those ladies home.

Well, it was a long day at GUZ !!! :D

We arrived at 7:15 and waited in line until about 7:40 when they started processing small groups on into the building. My wife and daughter left the 4th floor to the 5th, at about 8:15.

I waited in the 4th floor coffee shop with Rob's sweetheart Jin !!! She is a lovely woman !! :)

My Lao Po and daughter came down from the 5th floor to the 4th floor coffee shop at 11:55 a.m. China time.

She had a big smile on her face and said "All is ok my man" !!!

I said, "Did you get the Pink !!??" She said yes, all ok it is Pink !!! :D

I immediately went into the debriefing mode with her..........

How long was it sweetie ?? "It was so fast, maybe one or two minutes my man, but had to wait so long to come to window."

What did they ask ?? "The man first look at your passport and look all pages, after I tell him you are in the coffee shop downstairs."

"Then he ask me your job and how long do; I tell him you is a policeman and do for over 33 years."

"He then ask me how many times you come see me in China, and I tell him you come seven before and today is eight times."

"He then tell me that my husband do so good a job on all his paper and to tell you that is all so beautiful and have all for them to see."

"He then tell me I pass, and he will give me the pink paper and go to other window to pay money and pick up visa at post office close to Consulate."

She told me she was at window #26 and the "tall young American man was so friendly and gave her so much smile."

My wife answered all the questions in English and he complimented her on the use of the language. She told him "I talk to my man daily so many times on the telephone, he teach me all my English."

He did not ask my daughter (age 12) any questions.

He asked to see the I-134, but did not keep the extra copy I had for them, and did not look at my joint Form 1040 tax filings I had included.

The only items I had my wife bring to the window, were the book of 8X10 photos, from each trip (which he looked at) and the book with all the financials (I-134, 2007/2006 1040's, employment/salary verification letter, and pay stubs for one year).

We left the Consulate and had lunch and drove back to our hotel in Huadu District.

They gave no indication of any delays in the visa issuance process and told her to expect the visa in two days.

Today I felt the pressure of all the months and weeks, really for the first time. It is such a good feeling to have the Pink in hand, after almost exactly one year since filing the I-129F for the K-3 and K-4.

I am, however, very glad I 'front-loaded' the hell out of my petitions, both the I-130 and the I-129F !!!

Note: I will speak to this more, after my return home.

I hope everyone else this month has the same results; and I hope there are not further delays in the issuance of the visas.

The information gained here at CFL and the support of so many friends, has made all the difference in the world in reaching this most important step in the process !!! ;)

Hopefully the three of us will be out of here and off to LA at the end of the week !!??

Whay to go Roger. Congrats!!!! :unsure: :yahoo: :yahoo: ;)

OK RogerDodger - you must to answer :D

Did you and yours prescribe to the Time Honoured CFL Tradition of Wearing Pink Underwear on da Day ?

Congrats !!!! GO PiNk !