Guest enight
she knows it in China but they celebrate the western holiday not so much the tradional.

you are right Kaige, the 'qi qiao' is a tale but not really a holiday for people to celebrate,

... another reason that not many Chinese celebrate it maybe cause it's a sad story of separate... the lovers were only able to meet once a year ... so

it's maybe not a good symbol for lovers, so many of Chinese don't celebrate it or even notice this date.

Guest enight
besides that , better not make your fiancee used to receive too many gifts.

the more you give, the more they expect.

:lol:

.. I will bet the gal will kick you out after she become US citizen..

besides that , better not make your fiancee used to receive too many gifts.

the more you give, the more they expect.

:angry:

Hi, old fart:

That's true that Dave has been holding me back to respond you, not because he wanted to protect you but he thought you should be ignored! I agree that you should be ignored-----after I tell you the following :D

It seems you are very unlucky to get a woman who is not so great---at least in your eyes, which makes your psychology is going so abnormal almost insane. I actually agree with you on one point that in this world, there are some women marrying men only for money, no matter in our ancient China or in your modern America! Well probably you have got such one, then it's too bad. It means nothing only that you are a stupid and unlucky man, a totally looser! Last time when I wanted to reply you, I thought to say I was sorry for you, but it seems that you dont deserve people feel sorry for you.

Or maybe your woman is not such kind of woman, only that you are just too mean. Many of words written by you were like written by a drunk. I really doubt are you really a very rich man? Or you think your some money has become the whole excuse of your wealth? You seem pretty much like a hill billy.

By the way, nobody in this world is anybody. We all need to learn how to respect other people, especially you----even you are an old fart. Do you know that actually in this website, nobody is old fart except you so that I dont understand why you call yourself"another old fart". The first person you need to learn to respect is your woman. Don't think that you gave her something is something. YOur wanting to give her something means you still have a heart. When you even lose this your heart, then you'd better......

I'm very happy that since I came America, all the Americans I have met are nice, smart, friendly people, not jerks like you, or America would never develope in this way. God bless all the good people!

Sarah

Today, August 4th is Qi Qiao Jie, Chinese Valentines Day, so don't forget your sweeties!!!...lol :angry:

This festival came from an old Chinese myth. Once upon a time, there was a guy falling in love with a lady, for sorts of reason, they were departed by an old Chinese god and were sent to the two ends of the sky. They were not allowed to meet each year except on this day.

Usually, people eat a kind of home made fried square cookies, we call it "qi zi kuai", the first word has the same pronunciation of the name of this old traditional festival. It's kind of interesting.

No matter what, to have a festival to celebrate is a happy thing to do.

Sarah