BLUE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE OVERCOME

Day of Interview:

I walked Yan down to the line at 6:45. We were about half way to the street.

At 7:00 I went back upstairs to bring her son down at 7:25. The line was to the street. I would guess 150-200 people.

About 7:35 they started letting us in.

1st security check downstairs, up the escalator to 2nd security check.

I go to the coffee shop and met Ben who was also waiting for his SO.

At around 10:15 Yan called my phone. I could hear she was not happy.

She found me in the coffee shop and let me read the BLUE.

The officer had written " We will issue your visa, but first your fiance must right a 1 page statement to clarify the relationship between him and his ex-wife." And the reason for the long delay between Separation and Divorce. "Notarize this Statement".

Attached the the Blue Slip was a white paper that said. "You can bring the information requested to the Visa office between 2:00pm and 3:00pm.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

So I very quickly wrote at statement saying that I separated in 2000 and only out of laziness , we did not finalize. Until one of us absolutely needed.

I ran up to the 5th floor to the American Citizens Services (you must have your passport for the security check on the 4th Floor) and had it Notarized. That took about 20 minutes. So we ate lunch and went back to our room. I was so bored and nervous that I decided that the statement was to vague, so I wrote another at 1:00. And had it Notarized. Yan was 1st in line at 1:15.But this time took longer to Notarize so she ended up last after call me 13 times. But you cannot take your cell phone past the security check on the 5th floor.

1:40 I ran back downstairs, gave Yan the new statement and we ran up the escalator back to the 4th floor. She was let up the to 5th Floor. I had to stay in the coffee shop again. A NERVOUS WRECK!

I waited again, expecting PINK or blue again. But after a few minutes she came back down with a small WHITE paper.

I'm sorry! I forgot what form this was GIV- ??.

It said , they kept 2 passports. And for her to return at 2:30 and the day CHECKED below.

Friday was CHECKED.

FRIDAY:

We walked into the building at 2:00. there was no line.

Straight up the escalator to the 4th floor.

The Security officer asked for her Passport. She gave him the white form GIV-??.

He call on his radio the asked her for another form of ID.

She gave him a Chinese ID card.

I asked if I could go with her. He said NO, but I can go to American Citizens Services.

So I did.

There is a glass wall between American Citizens Services and the Visa interview room. So I could see my Yan and maybe 8 other people.

At 2:40 there was still no activity on the other side of that wall. But then I saw a woman walk up to a window. After about 1 minute she walked away with what I assumed was a pink.

Then Yan walk up to the window. After about 1 minute she turned to me and let me see that beautiful smile and the PINK.

I met her at the China Post to arrange to pick up her and her sons visa.

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:

The VO was a very nice African American.

Yan: Hello, Nice to meet you.

VO: Passport Please? (He spoke in Chinese)

Yan: Here is my Passport. Here is my fiance's Passport and Letter.

(He look at the letter)

VO: How did you meet?

Yan: Internet

VO: When did you meet?

Yan: July 16, 2006

VO: Photo's?

Yan: Yes

(he looked at our photo's)

VO: At the time of your meeting your fiance is not divorced. They were only separated.

VO: There is no problem with you. It is a problem with your fiance.

He gave her the BLUE. And explained to her about needing the statement and told her if she did not understand , she could go to window 30 and the Chinese lady would explain.

Yan: Thank you!

Yan told me. He was very nice and took great care that she did understand.

I looked for the officer. I also wanted to Thank him.

Only one other time I have felt so happy. That was the birth of my daughter.

Way to go!!!

Thanks for the interview info. When we were there I estimated 150-250 people in the line each morning for the 10 days we spent in Mr. Yang's. That's the reason for P-3's taking so long :) it's not DHL, customs, and all the rest....it's an UNDER staffed and UNDER funded consulate that is OVER whelmed.

And buddy, you guys lucked out big time to be able to turn in your overcome like that...most people have to go home and call up the number for a date to come back. And, along with that luck...the fact that you could be there for the interview sure saved you both lots of stress AND time.

I'll bet I know how you'll answer next time you see the old question...do I need to be there for the interview? :o

Good luck to you both, I'm really glad to see your luck with the interview and overcome....that was GREAT!!!

tsap seui

Congrats!

Thanks for posting your interview. I guess it was quick and short and by the way it went, it is safe the assume that all the petitions are prescreened and already adjudicated prior to the interview.

GUZ is either going to issue the pink, blue or white and the interview is just to confirm it.

Good luck to you both. :o :)

Thank you so much, Jeff, for the DETAILED interview/overcome experience! Hope I will get a nice VO as nice as yours...

I'll be staying at Mr. Yang's next Tues. to Sat. 7:15am interview on Wed. I'm all ready though! =)

Good Luck Doug on your intervierw tomorrow...Get that Pink...

CherrynJim

Thank you so much, Jeff, for the DETAILED interview/overcome experience! Hope I will get a nice VO as nice as yours...

I'll be staying at Mr. Yang's next Tues. to Sat. 7:15am interview on Wed. I'm all ready though! =)

CherrynJim

Jim, that would be Amy having an interview. :huh: Amy's english is so good it would be easy to think she is the US citizen. :lol:

Good luck Amy, SOON you WILL BE an US citizen.

tsap seui

CherrynJim

Jim, that would be Amy having an interview. :D Amy's english is so good it would be easy to think she is the US citizen. :D

Good luck Amy, SOON you WILL BE an US citizen.

tsap seui

HAHA, Thanks tsap seui, and thanks Jim! Please don't think that Doug writes as girly as I do... =P I went to school in the U.S. for 9 years when I was younger, that's why I take care of all my immigration stuff and let Doug be easy. haha~ I think PINK, too. =D

Going to Guangzhou tomorrow morning and interview on early Wed. I still haven't gotten over with the 150~200 people line... SCARY!!! =X

Amy, you will have no trouble with your interview. And don't worry about that line. We stood in the middle of it and I can tell you first in line outside does not mean first to be called at the interview.

tsap seui