Sweet and Fresh Toilet Water

Guys,

I guess some of your wives are,  like we call in states, hillbillies.

At least you portray them as such with these stories of "adventure

in 'modern' america"

Geez....

HI AOF,

You certainly have a way of provoking people.

Definition of Hillbilly: A disparaging term for a person who lives

in or comes from the mountains or backwoods, especially from the South- Suggestion of unsophistication.

Well, frankly speaking, you may have meant something else here. While Sarah is learning about some new things here, she is no less backward in "modern" America than I am in her world. In fact, given that she is fluent in English, she is doing considerably better here than I do over there. If anyone is unsophisticated, it is I.

Lastly, she comes from a city of a mere 7 million people(Qingdao). Not exactly the backwoods, is it?

My story does suggest any degree of backwardness or lack of sophisication on her part but rather the humor of trans-cultural relationships.

• 4 years later...

Good thing she didn't see Fido drinking from the toilet.

And good thing you had indoor plumbing (she wouldn't be singing such a sweet tune if you were living in West Virginia!)

Our city water so hard, that I have a triple filter system to drink it!!

I can not wait to explain that one to her? This one for hands, this you can drink!! :)

Guys,

I guess some of your wives are, like we call in states, hillbillies.

At least you portray them as such with these stories of "adventure

in 'modern' america"

Geez....

HI AOF,

You certainly have a way of provoking people.

Definition of Hillbilly: A disparaging term for a person who lives

in or comes from the mountains or backwoods, especially from the South- Suggestion of unsophistication.

Well, frankly speaking, you may have meant something else here. While Sarah is learning about some new things here, she is no less backward in "modern" America than I am in her world. In fact, given that she is fluent in English, she is doing considerably better here than I do over there. If anyone is unsophisticated, it is I.

Lastly, she comes from a city of a mere 7 million people(Qingdao). Not exactly the backwoods, is it?

My story does suggest any degree of backwardness or lack of sophisication on her part but rather the humor of trans-cultural relationships.

You readin this Tsap????????????? :) ;)

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

Gotcha Chawls.....what is this term "tap water"? Is it indoor plumbin'??

I may be a redneck hillbilly frum the rural Laurel Highlands of Pennsyltucky but I ain't no DUMB hillbilly and I DO have me some indoor plumbin' ;)

Shucks mister, I mounted me a bathtub as a cistern storage tank up on top of my hauled in house on wheels. When I want a drink, or on Saturday night if I find I need me a shower I jest just turn on the spickit and bubba I got me some runnin' water for drankin' and warshin'.

Number one I do in the front yard, just like a man is s'posed to do... number two I have me a cozy nice lil' house with a half moon on the door.

And when it don't rain enough in the "cistern" I just top it off with water frum the crek out beyond the outhouse.

I will admit though, sumtimes in the summer, I have been known to get a lil' crazy, throw caution to the wind, and I do climb up the back steps to the top of my mansion on wheels and I jest jump right in the ol' bathtub...deed I do.

Makes the drankin' water a lil' soapy tastin' for a few daze though and it gives the dang trots sumthin' fierce... :)

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Gotcha Chawls.....what is this term "tap water"? Is it indoor plumbin'??

I may be a redneck hillbilly frum the rural Laurel Highlands of Pennsyltucky but I ain't no DUMB hillbilly and I DO have me some indoor plumbin' ;)

Shucks mister, I mounted me a bathtub as a cistern storage tank up on top of my hauled in house on wheels. When I want a drink, or on Saturday night if I find I need me a shower I jest just turn on the spickit and bubba I got me some runnin' water for drankin' and warshin'.

Number one I do in the front yard, just like a man is s'posed to do... number two I have me a cozy nice lil' house with a half moon on the door.

And when it don't rain enough in the "cistern" I just top it off with water frum the crek out beyond the outhouse.

I will admit though, sumtimes in the summer, I have been known to get a lil' crazy, throw caution to the wind, and I do climb up the back steps to the top of my mansion on wheels and I jest jump right in the ol' bathtub...deed I do.

Makes the drankin' water a lil' soapy tastin' for a few daze though and it gives the dang trots sumthin' fierce... :)

tsap seui

;) :lol: :P I thinks they spelled "tsap" water wrong!!!