What should she bring?

Yep karaoke DVDs are good, we bought some the last time we went up to Toronto.

My Yu has no problem with clothing sizes, she stands at 5'10" so western medium sizes fit fine, in fact I sometimes catch her wearing my cloths, I too am 5'10". :huh:

Yes we have looked at this list also!! B)

Clothes, yes, she will only wear junior sizes here, pictures, things that help keep her in touch with home, and etc.

How many DVD"s did you get to bring here?? :lol:

In Toronto, I bought about 20 DVDs price were about $2 each.

Before leaving China last year I bought a few of those bootleg disks that have 5-10 movies compressed on them, we left the cases behind and put them all in a small cd-binder.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep karaoke DVDs are good, we bought some the last time we went up to Toronto.

My Yu has no problem with clothing sizes, she stands at 5'10" so western medium sizes fit fine, in fact I sometimes catch her wearing my cloths, I too am 5'10". :lol:

Yes we have looked at this list also!! B)

Clothes, yes, she will only wear junior sizes here, pictures, things that help keep her in touch with home, and etc.

How many DVD"s did you get to bring here?? ;)

In Toronto, I bought about 20 DVDs price were about $2 each.

Before leaving China last year I bought a few of those bootleg disks that have 5-10 movies compressed on them, we left the cases behind and put them all in a small cd-binder.

Thanks, just figuring how big a semi-truck I will need next month?? ;) B)

...and what about the suggestion of getting glasses in China...is that because of frame sizes?

Yes, the frame sizes, and specifically, the nose piece gap, are different. However, the main deal for us is that the quality and price of the lenses, frames, and add-ons is better.

As for DVDs, I have brought back 30 or 40 each trip, recently. Don't know what customs would say. They only searched 2 out of 3 of my bags once in 13+ trips. You got it- DVDs were in the third and, unsearched, bag.

Any and all school records or professional licenses for a spouse and any applicable child.

Don't forget certified translations and possibly ORIGINAL Chinese transcripts signed and sealed on the OUTSIDE enclosure by the School officials (wife is having a "beach" of a time with ECE accepting her documents to take the FPGEE Pharmacist's test). This requirement was NOT put forth on FPGEE or ECE web sites in advance. She went to Cn got copies certified to their web site requirements. We submitted such and ECE rejected 2 records as the OUTSIDE PACKAGES was not signed and sealed by a school official. :lol: Richard

Thanks, just figuring how big a semi-truck I will need next month?? ;) :P

K1 aka Mark

Now be being from Texas and I know I ain't so smart in math

but just how in the hell are you going to get a semi truck across

that big pond???

We just paid for a container had it put on one of those Big A$$

sail boats. Ok maybe it wasn't a sail boat but we got door to door service.

but of course we do thingies a bit different in Gods country

:P Oh my, I read this and it makes me realize, my "wife" really has nothing more than the clothes on her back and a large beautiful heart filled with love to take to america with her.

There isn't a container made that would hold her heart. ;)

Even though she has custody of her son, for his sake and peace of mind she left everything in the ex-husbands home, knowing her son would be visiting and not wanting there to be trouble. And we've got american men that demand their woman sign a pre-nup...hehehe...shows you what some hold most dear and is upper most in their thoughts.

tsap seui

:P Oh my, I read this and it makes me realize, my "wife" really has nothing more than the clothes on her back and a large beautiful heart filled with love to take to america with her.

There isn't a container made that would hold her heart. ;)

Even though she has custody of her son, for his sake and peace of mind she left everything in the ex-husbands home, knowing her son would be visiting and not wanting there to be trouble. And we've got american men that demand their woman sign a pre-nup...hehehe...shows you what some hold most dear and is upper most in their thoughts.

tsap seui

LOL,

ok Tsap, but that plane was big enough to hold my wifes heart

cuz I was sitin right next to her....

as for as pre-nup, thats a big can of worms your tryin to open,

but then again I don't have millions of $$$.... but I do have a pot to pi$$ in and 2 winders to throw it out.

also I don't live in one of them funny states

be good Tsap

Bobby....

She'll decide when she goes back to China for her first visit.

Be ready to carry a big bag with nothing in it. :)

hahahaha......i've been doing this with my last 4 or 5 trips there....bring two empty bags each time and when i come home, both are crammed full...just leave my clothes at there to bring home on my final trip....hopefully in may

:) Oh my, I read this and it makes me realize, my "wife" really has nothing more than the clothes on her back and a large beautiful heart filled with love to take to america with her.

There isn't a container made that would hold her heart. :rotfl:

tsap seui

LOL,

ok Tsap, but that plane was big enough to hold my wifes heart

cuz I was sitin right next to her....

as for as pre-nup, thats a big can of worms your tryin to open,

but then again I don't have millions of $$$.... but I do have a pot to pi$$ in and 2 winders to throw it out.

also I don't live in one of them funny states

be good Tsap

Bobby....

:rotfl: Bobby, I try my dangdest to be gud and contain my humorous view, and I gotta tell ya, I ain't dumb as ol' Earnest T. Bass, heckfire, I'd never think to throw a rock at an ol' cowpoke from Cutnshoot. I do reckon I may well be a lucky man that the lil' rabbit only has the clothes on her back and she don't need no container to brang her stuff over with....I'd hate the thought of havin' to cover up my velvet Elvis's.

While I do have a pot to piss in, and it often gets thrown out the winder of my hauled in house when it's too cold to make the trek to the outhouse...I been thankin'...I might move on up, if'n the lil' rabbit is released by them GUZ visa banditos...and I might trade in the ol' hauled in mansion on wheels with it's spring loaded skirts, and buy one of them fancy Winner-baygoes.

I figger, when my mind takes a fancy to see a different view when I wake up (usually cause the outhouse is full and I can't find me a dern yankee to dig it out) that it'll be much easier to move if'n I had me a Winner-baygo. Shucks, then I might have to think about one o' them fancy pre-nups from the lil' lady ;) know wudda mean?

Take care Cuzin' Bobby and jest know, that jestful rock weren't thrown at one of yer winders. Heck, yaw got both feet planted firmly on the ground. ;)

tsap seui

She'll decide when she goes back to China for her first visit.

Be ready to carry a big bag with nothing in it. :)

hahahaha......i've been doing this with my last 4 or 5 trips there....bring two empty bags each time and when i come home, both are crammed full...just leave my clothes at there to bring home on my final trip....hopefully in may

She's got me down to 2 pair of socks and 2 sets of underwear.

:unsure:

Thanks, just figuring how big a semi-truck I will need next month?? :ph34r: :whistling:

K1 aka Mark

Now be being from Texas and I know I ain't so smart in math

but just how in the hell are you going to get a semi truck across

that big pond???

We just paid for a container had it put on one of those Big A$$

sail boats. Ok maybe it wasn't a sail boat but we got door to door service.

but of course we do thingies a bit different in Gods country

Bobby, Bobby, how did I miss this.................

Let me see two new girls coming into a home of 3 boys, gee what will they need!! :doorscared:

Have to replace the one-ply TP......

I mean how much stuff can Mom and new 16 year old daughter want to bring with them?? :roller: