I-751: Removal of Conditions

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a question. My step daughter went to China for 2 months and will not be home until the end of July. My wife and stepdaughters two year green cards will expire at the end of August. Will we have enough time to do the Biometrics and the filing for the permanent cards?

Thanks

I don't know if you have enough time to do the Biometrics then. but I think you better file the I-751 for them as soon as possible.

good luck!!

Hello,

I have a question. My step daughter went to China for 2 months and will not be home until the end of July. My wife and stepdaughters two year green cards will expire at the end of August. Will we have enough time to do the Biometrics and the filing for the permanent cards?

Thanks

I don't know if you have enough time to do the Biometrics then. but I think you better file the I-751 for them as soon as possible.

good luck!!

Hello,

Thanks

Question, As long as we file the I-751 now we can do the Biometrics when my step daughter returns at the end of July?

Thanks

You must file within 90 days prior to the expiration of her two year green card. As long as you file the I-751 within that time frame you will be OK.

Thanks my friend, we are doing the paper work now. I was just worried about my stepdaughter in China and her Biometrics.

You must file within 90 days prior to the expiration of her two year green card. As long as you file the I-751 within that time frame you will be OK.

Thanks my friend, we are doing the paper work now. I was just worried about my stepdaughter in China and her Biometrics.

Once filed, they receive an NOA1 saying they are extended by a year. This may take 20+ days to get...

Once filed, they receive an NOA1 saying they are extended by a year. This may take 20+ days to get...

What do you mean, extended by a year?

She has a 2 yr GC, correct? Which will expire soon after filing the I-751 (since you file within 90 days of it's expiration).

The NOA1 says that the GC expiration date is extended by 1 year more.

She has a 2 yr GC, correct? Which will expire soon after filing the I-751 (since you file within 90 days of it's expiration).

The NOA1 says that the GC expiration date is extended by 1 year more.

Ok, we filed. Now, I have one more question? What is NOA1?

Update on our I-751 petition:

I decided to try and look at the petition status online (filed almost 6 months ago; already did biometrics months ago),and when i entered the numbers it said it couldn't find anything in the database;

So I called USCIS and entered it into the voice system and same message; So simply got connected to someone and they said it was simply pending.

Said not to really expect it to be viewable for online status for about six months anyways.

I think I am in the same boat as you David. I filed 90 days in advance, wentr and did the Biometrics on May 17th and that is all I have heard. The case status online says nothing (cant find). One of her friends recieved the NOA saying 1 year extension but we have not yet. Her card expired 05/31.

Guest lilac6451

Thank you David, and Randy, your two have done so much research and paper work for the people here in CFL that we cant thank you enough.

Sorry, but now I have two more questions for people here.

I sent in my I_751 form on June 18 and today I got the NOA stating that I have one year extended for my two year green card( which will be expired on August 30).

Now the questions come as:

1.I use one I_751 form for both me and my daughter, because my daughter and I got the temporary green card on the same day. So I paid $625( $450 for I_751, $80 for my biometric and $80 for my daughter's). On the NOA I got today, it only shows the information about me not my daughter's. So I am worried if they will not take care of my daughter in this case.

2.My daughter is in China. Because she has been away from China for two years, she wont be back to America on August20th. Will that be too late? How am I going to do if the USCIS notices us to do the biometrics? Do I have to tell her to come back immediately( which she doesnt like) or can I tell the official there to rearrange her date for biometrics?