I-751: Removal of Conditions

I have one question, my wife and stepdaughter both need to file the I-751? Or can my wife add her to my wife's form where it says about children? If so, what will be the fee? Can we just pay for one form? My stepdaughter is now 18 years old.

Thanks

You must apply within the 90 day window prior to expiration of each green card. If the windows overlap, you can apply for both in that way - one form, one fee. Otherwise, you must file separate applications, each with its own fee.

This is a little USCIS gotcha, just in case one of the 2 I-485 applications had been delayed for any reason.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I have one question, my wife and stepdaughter both need to file the I-751? Or can my wife add her to my wife's form where it says about children? If so, what will be the fee? Can we just pay for one form? My stepdaughter is now 18 years old.

Thanks

You must apply within the 90 day window prior to expiration of each green card. If the windows overlap, you can apply for both in that way. Otherwise, you must file separate applications.

This is a little USCIS gotcha, just in case one of the 2 I-485 applications had been delayed for any reason.

I am a little confused, what do you mean by "If the windows overlap"?

Thanks

Thanks

You must apply within the 90 day window prior to expiration of each green card. If the windows overlap, you can apply for both in that way. Otherwise, you must file separate applications.

Thanks

You must apply within the 90 day window prior to expiration of each green card. If they have the same expiration date, the 90 day period coincide. If not, then the overlap period is smaller - if the expirations are more than 90 days apart, the windows do not over lap at all - 2 applications must be filed.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Thanks

Thanks

What?

Thanks

Thanks

What?

Sorry - I had hit "Add Reply" too early - see my edit above.

My wife and stepdaughter both received there green cards on the same day. Can we just pay for one fee for the two of them?

Thanks

If the expiration date is the same, the 90 day periods coincide.

You may add her to your wife's form where it says about children, and pay just 1 fee.

My wife and stepdaughter both received there green cards on the same day. Can we just pay for one fee for the two of them?

Thanks

You can add your step daughter on the application. However, USCIS might miss it, as they did my step daughter. I had to call 4-5 times to get her name in their computer.

Put her on the form and attach necessary paperwork and a cover letter stating that wife and daughter are applying together. You will only pay one application fee but will need to include TWO checks for biometrics-one for the wife and one for the daughter + the check for wife¡¯s application.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a'workin' on this thingie and I'm still not sure about the two affidavits from friends...Is there any requirement that they be notarized? Anyone turn in ones that weren't???

There is no requirement that they be notarized, but IMHO it's a good idea to have your friends get their letters notarized. It adds an extra stamp to make it look more official. Plus, they should be able to do it at their bank for free.

The description of the letters from the I-751 instructions is:

Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above.

However, based on your other evidence, you don't necessarily have to include two affidavits (although, IMHO it's a bad idea not to do so), and if they don't include some of the suggested details (like place and date of birth), it probably won't matter. It's just supposed to be a letter showing you've held yourself out to others as a real couple. You should be able to find some samples here if you need them.

I'm a'workin' on this thingie and I'm still not sure about the two affidavits from friends...Is there any requirement that they be notarized? Anyone turn in ones that weren't???

There is no requirement that they be notarized, but IMHO it's a good idea to have your friends get their letters notarized. It adds an extra stamp to make it look more official. Plus, they should be able to do it at their bank for free.

Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above.

However, based on your other evidence, you don't necessarily have to include two affidavits (although, IMHO it's a bad idea not to do so), and if they don't include some of the suggested details (like place and date of birth), it probably won't matter. It's just supposed to be a letter showing you've held yourself out to others as a real couple. You should be able to find some samples here if you need them.

:angry:

This is really a great thread worth pinning. Great information David! It's absolutely positively terrific! :rolleyes: :lol: :) :P :D :blink: :lol: :huh: :D :redblob: :redblob: :jerry: :drunk: :clapping: :happy2: :bounce8: :mbounce:

:ph34r:

This is really a great thread worth pinning. Great information David! It's absolutely positively terrific! :rolleyes: :lol: :) :P :D :blink: :o :o :greenblob: :redblob: :redblob: :jerry: :drunk: :clapping: :happy2: :bounce8: :mbounce:

:o

After a careful review of the regs and the definition of AFFIDAVIT I think you must get these letters notarized...another pain in the neck but why give them another opportunity to jerk you around... :blink: