AOS/EAD Timelines

Hello, everybody. I am in Atlanta. I posted the files out in Jan., and I received the receipt on Jan.22, but even now I haven't receive the EAD. I called INS to ask them about it, and they asked me to go to local office. I am going there next week. But I don't know which office I should go to. I remember I went to the office on Buford Hwy to take the finger printer. But someone told me that maybe I should go to INS office located at downtown. I am confused now. Anybody can help me ? Which one is correct ? I need address.  :ph34r:  :huh:

The office on Buford Hwy. is the Application Support Center. The actual local CIS office is downtown in the federal building on Forsyth St.

Atlanta District

Martin Luther King Jr. Federal Building

77 Forsyth Street SW

Atlanta, GA 30303

You'll want to go downtown to talk, but it may be difficult to get in - first come, first served.

Have you checked your status on-line?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timelines?? OK-AOS/EAD sent to Memhis 4-28. Notice of receipt for AOS recieved 5-22. Notice of rejection for EAD recieved 5-22. I forgot to check a box on the form. I thought it was rather cruel for them to state EAD REJECTED in huge bold letters when what they really meant was check the stupid box and send it back. :blink:

Timelines?? OK-AOS/EAD sent to Memhis 4-28.  Notice of receipt for AOS recieved  5-22. Notice of rejection for EAD recieved 5-22.  I forgot to check a box on the form. I thought it was rather cruel for them to state EAD REJECTED in huge bold letters when what they really meant was check the stupid box and send it back. :greenblob:

They probably used REJECTED so you would have to pay the higher fee when you re-submitted the EAD. :greenblob:

They probably used REJECTED so you would have to pay the higher fee when you re-submitted the EAD. :D

Yup, you are correct. They even sent my check back. Arrrggg, I'd pay them twice if they would just get it done. I had sent the paperwork for EAD/AOS/AP at the same time in the same envelope for Fang Ling and her daughter (all seperate checks). It would not take anyone brighter than a dumb rock to figure which box should have been checked. But then a gain, these are Gov workers and maybe I've just insulted rocks. :D :ph34r:

• 3 months later...

One small step for SSA, one giant leap for K-1/K-2. Jingwen and the kids received their SS cards today. Took less than the 45 day time estimate for USCIS to verify the EAD so SSA could issue the cards. Of course, they're marked "valid for work only with DHS employment authorization."

Now I have no excuses about getting learners/drivers licenses. God help me. :lol: But, on the other hand, "...it's time to go to work my children and support your old man." :D